Which Countries Have You Travelled/Lived in?

victorydance

Looked around a bit for this topic but didn't seem to find it. How much do you like to travel? Where have you been?

I am partial to the Americas. Don't have much experience anywhere else, never been to Europe or anything.

I've been to Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Cuba, USA, and Canada. I have spent about 2 years in Mexico and Brazil (I have lived in Rio de Janeiro and Mexico City), while the others varied from weeks to 5 months. 

Also spent some time in Thailand and Laos after high school. 

I've been to most big cities in the us (Vegas, Boston, dc, NYC, la, San Francisco, Chicago, Orlando...) and most places in Asia and Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, places in Korea and Japan). I really really wanna go to the big cities in Europe and Egypt).

I personally was born in Seattle but moved immediately to Hong Kong. I stayed there for 10 years then moved back to Seattle for middle school and high school. Now I'm finishing undergrad in upstate New York. Mostly likely will be moving to Chicago this coming fall.

I've been to a lot of places in Asia. Japan, the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar. I've also been to Chile and Argentina. I'm traveling to Europe this summer, and I'm so excited. We are going to ten countries in a month and a half.

Lived in South Africa for a decent amount of time - travelled to Lesotho, Swaziland, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia, and Zimbabwe.

LOL... I still have yet to spend time in Europe though (excluding layovers to Africa).

GOING TO UGANDA IN DECEMBER and Southeast Asia in the spring!

I've lived in Canada and Japan for extended periods of time. I absolutely adore living in Tokyo and can't wait to live there while doing dissertation work. I've also traveled to France, but that's the extent of my travel abroad at this point. 

Born in Pakistan. Then traveled to and lived in Saudi Arabia from age 4 to 18. Went back to Pakistan for my undergrad. Now back in Saudi and traveling to the US in 2 months.

Traveled, in the US: 29 of the 50 states, but I won't bore you with a list. :) I need to make it out to AK, HI, & the middle states.

Lived, in the US: Boston, NYC, San Francisco, Missoula; central VA, rural Far NorCal, the East Sierra in CA, suburban NJ.

Traveled, outside the US: Canada, Mexico, St. Kitts, Nevis, Bermuda, Puerto Rico (I guess it's technically the US), Trinidad, Tobago, Grenada, Belize, Guatemala, St. John's, St. Thomas, Virgin Gorda, Spain, France, Italy, Poland, England, Wales.

Lived, outside of the US: Australia.

I'm really lucky to have grown up as an only child with two working parents who love traveling. I still have the travel bug, although I'm perpetually broke & busy these days, which severely limits my traveling opportunities. I'd like to take a long backpacking trip around a parts of northern Europe whenever I have a more stable living situation & income, though, & head back to Australia to visit friends & see Indonesia, New Zealand, & perhaps Thailand, too. I want to see it all! If only I had infinite money..

Im a Kiwi, but grew up in Indonesia. Also lived in Australia for a bit, and have travelled extensively in SE Asia (Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, and PNG). My partner and I love to travel and we're hoping to visit Europe and Eastern Africa over the next couple of years. I also need to explore the USA more (only been to CA so far).

man, my travel list is amateur status compared to those on here. damn

I did travel with the ultimate frisbee team in college, so we got the whole midwest pretty much covered... but there's not umuch going on in the midwest..

Edited by spectastic

Lived in California all my life, studied abroad in Peru. Have also been to Mexico, Canada, Costa Rica, Chile, Denmark, Netherlands, Israel, South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. I love to travel!

It's hard to pinpoint a favorite... my trip to Costa Rica was wonderful and I recommend everyone to go there. Namibia, on the other hand, had a weird and uncomfortable vibe.

I haven't really been outside of the east coast here in the US, but I've been to Toronto and the UK! I went for 12 days to the UK for a class in international business, and 7 days to Toronto for sociology! For conferences, I've been to Nashville and Baltimore! Being located in central PA, I've been to Baltimore a few times for Otakon conventions.

State-wise, I've been to Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, and New York (once, in second grade, and I can't remember it).

When it comes to traveling, I am like my dog when going on a car ride: I'm very excited to get going, but once I start travelling, I get very anxious and just want to go home. I still have fun though, once I'm there!!

My favorite place I've been has to be the UK. Because awesome.

Edited by gingin6789

My parents like to travel, so growing up I got to go to a lot of different places.

In the US (outside of New York): Texas, New Jersey, California, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Massachusetts, Maine, Florida, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.

Places outside the US: England, France, Germany, Italy, Egypt, Greece, Bermuda, Spain, Austria, Turkey, Russia, Mexico, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland

It's hard to pick a favorite since every place is so different, but if I was absolutely forced to I would probably say Italy. I really loved Italy and I would consider moving there if I could.

Edited by kimmibeans

I love to travel (which is probably why I haven´t managed to accumulate any savings..) In Europe, I've been to Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, the UK, Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, and Bulgaria. In Asia, I've visited India, China and Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Burma, and Singapore. In the Americas, the US, Nicaragua, Chile, Argentina, and Brazil, and in Africa Tanzania.

I'm from Europe, and in addition to my home country, I've lived in Nicaragua for two years and "lived" in Chile for 5 months and in NYC for 4 months. 

My favorite place has probably been Brazil, especially a small village called Trindade. I'd love to visit Nepal and New Zealand, and I'm also a little bit ashamed that despite living in Nicaragua for 2 years, I haven't had the chance to visit the neighboring countries. 

My favorite place has probably been Brazil, especially a small village called Trindade.

Trinidade is beautiful. Actually that whole area is great. Paraty, Ubatuba, and Ilha Grande are all great places. I spent about 3 months in that area. It was a blast.

-----

I feel like I always shoot myself in the foot regarding how many countries I have gone to. I always end up staying in one country for a really long time, or going back to the same country. It's weird, I haven't been to that many countries but I have been to Brazil and Mexico a combined 8 or 9 separate times. Went backpacking for a year in my early 20s and only went to Colombia and Brazil (5 months in Colombia, 7 months in Brazil). 

I have recently built up a fascination with Mexico. It is incredibly rich in travelling options and I think a lot of people do Mexico 'wrong.' I have now been to almost every state in the south and central (both east and west), only haven't been up north. 

Same with Brazil, but it's a little harder to get around because a lot of places are quite remote; but I have been all over that country. 

Hard to pinpoint favourites, but top 3 are definitely Mexico, Colombia and Brazil. Brazil is just so diverse and rich in culture; Colombia is basically anything goes, and Mexico has the most interesting history and depth of city diversity that I have ever seen. 

I'm from the US West Coast (born in California, lived in Oregon and Hawaii as well), and I've gone on road trips in all of the Western states up to Colorado. I've only been to Ohio, Virginia, and Washington, D.C. in the Eastern half of the country, so I don't have much experience there. 

I've been to Mexico and Canada on trips with my family as well.

For over three years I've been living in Germany, and with that as my base, I've visited: Great Britain, France, Spain, The Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Italy, and Greece, some of these on multiple trips.

Next up on my list is Asia, more specifically Korea and Japan. I don't know when I'll make it on a grad student budget, but we'll see ;)

Been to Germany, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Austria, Luxembourg, Ireland, Great Britain, Indonesia, Russia, Japan, China, Hong Kong, United States, Canada, Mexico

Next destination: Peru. Also really want to go to Dubai too! And {insert destination etc.}...

I've traveled all around the US. I'm from the east coast but have been on road trips out west and to the west coast and have been to most of the major cities expect San Francisco. I've also been to Hawaii.

Outside the US I've traveled to Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Colombia, and Peru. I have a major travel bug but my mom doesn't at all so I never left the US until study abroad in college. I'm 24 now so I have been trying to slowly accumulate cool travel experiences! My favorite place was probably Guatemala and least favorite was definitely Colombia. I felt very very unsafe there and had a couple bad incidents.

I was born in Kenya, come to the USA when i was nine. since then i have bee to Poland, Austria, Germany for extended period of times. In the USA  I have been to all the major cities except for new york.  I think the best/ most out of place i have traveled to is savooga Alaska ( i could literary see Russia) . 

I grew up in Maine and have hit all states save for Delaware, N Carolina, S Carolina, Florida (layover doesn't count), and Hawaii. My summers were spent fighting with my older brother in the back of my parent's Volvo station wagon all across these great United States. Maine to Alaska (north of Fairbanks)... in a station wagon. Got to most national parks and probably chose geology because of it.

Outside of US, I've been to most of Canada except maritime provinces, Cuba, Mexico, Honduras, Grenada, and the EEZ of Bermuda, Venezuela, Barbados, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Martinique, Dominica, Guadeloupe, Montserrat, and St Kitts and Nevis. EEZ doesn't really count, but it took ages to sail through, and we picked up lots of cool debris from the islands.

I'll be taking my first trip to the southern hemisphere for my MS thesis in January! 

• 2 weeks later...

I've traveled to 48/50 states - and yes Alaska and Hawaii are the two missing, hopefully not for long. So amazing to see this beautiful country's national parks and historical sites. I could talk about this to no end, so I'll leave it at that :)

Other than the US, I've been to Canada a few times, and Costa Rica once. Couldn't recommend it more, so gorgeous! My friends and I went to all different corners of the country over 10 days and it was incredible.

I've never lived anywhere outside of my hometown! Unless you count my attempt at dorm life for two semesters. You know, gotta get that "college experience". Or not :)

I'm a native of NY, and I did my bachelor's in the UK (St Andrews) and my master's in Australia (UQ, Brisbane).  With any luck, I'll hear about doing a PhD in New Zealand some time soon.

I've been to London, Edinburgh, Dublin (and much of Ireland), Frankfurt, Hamburg, Bremen, Passau, Freiburg, Strasbourg, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bali, much of Australia*, and Auckland.  I did some US domestic travel, but I don't find it particularly exciting.

*While I prefer cities, I did see much of the countryside in Australia via two train trips across the continent Sydney--->Perth and Darwin--->Adelaide.  

I guess I'm not the only one with travel on the brain today (see: Has anyone thought about living overseas? thread), lol. I've only lived in Canada, in my home province (Alberta). 

I've traveled to various places in British Columbia,St.Louis, Missouri, Mexico (Cancun and Puerto Vallarta) and Bermuda. Exciting!

Lived in: NYC , Columbus,OH and Jamaica

Traveled to: Spain, Portugal, France, Brazil and Canada.

I'm dyinggg to go to Italy! Honorable Mentions: South Korea, UK, Ghana, Mexico, Colombia & Australia

Edited by deci:belle