Welcome to the 2014-15 Cycle

Poli92

Well done!

So much for Sunday being safe ;)

Edit: A Notre Dame interview on the page now too.. didn't think they did them.  :wacko:

Slightly confused about that too...I've received nothing, either way. Also wasn't aware ND conducted interviews. 

Just checked my application status for Wisconsin and I'm in! 

Checked mine after reading this post and mine still says "pending." I am assuming that this pretty much means a rejection by now for UW-Madison... :(

By the way, congratulations PrincipalAgent and everyone who got in!  :)

Checked mine after reading this post and mine still says "pending." I am assuming that this pretty much means a rejection by now for UW-Madison... :(

I know it's difficult [i'm inclined to assume the same about my own pending status], but I wouldn't be quite so quick to assume a rejection--per the search, no one else appears to have received any sort of notice in either direction from UW-M.  Furthermore, at least in years past, the department emailed those they accepted on the Monday which corresponds to tomorrow.

I know it's difficult [i'm inclined to assume the same about my own pending status], but I wouldn't be quite so quick to assume a rejection--per the search, no one else appears to have received any sort of notice in either direction from UW-M.  Furthermore, at least in years past, the department emailed those they accepted on the Monday which corresponds to tomorrow.

Indeed, hope still burnishes a fire and thus prevails! Thank you for that!

Worst thing about living in Asia throughout this whole process is that when people say things like "results will probably be up by Monday," I read the comment on our Monday get all excited and then realize oh wait, it means Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning for us! LOL

Congrats to everyone who have received admissions results so far! And all the best to everyone like me, still waiting! It's not that long to go now!

Edited by Hopeful21

From Wisconsin: "Your program has recommended you for admission. The Graduate School will be reviewing your file. Please refer to this page for updates." Is this what you had, PrincipalAgent?

Edited by Duvergerian

You have to click "Enter" after the Grad Application Status page, or at least I did. Then again, I'm not actually accepted yet, so...

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Edited by Duvergerian

I have that as well...does anyone who's applied to UW not have it? Or is it just a poorly worded generic message relaying that your file is still being considered?

I think it is typical for state universities to rely on their centralized graduate admissions center to verify that transcripts are accurate etc.  Usually the department does not make the admission decision, but rather the graduate admissions center - technically the department makes recommendations.

I will cry if I ended up not getting in...DO YOU WANT ME TO CRY MADISON?!!! DO YOU?!!!

EDIT:  From the admissions site: "If you are recommended for admission by your program, this will be noted as an “update” within the status check section of MyUW.  At this point the program will send your transcript(s) to the Graduate School for final review...The Graduate School admissions staff will review your application once they have received your official transcript(s). They make final admissions based on minimum requirements."

Edited by testingtesting

I think it is typical for state universities to rely on their centralized graduate admissions center to verify that transcripts are accurate etc.  Usually the department does not make the admission decision, but rather the graduate admissions center - technically the department makes recommendations.

I will cry if I ended up not getting in...DO YOU WANT ME TO CRY MADISON?!!! DO YOU?!!! 

Someone reports "accepted" on the result page...

Well, it appears that WM and MSU have certainly passed on me in light of all the wonderful information floating around here. It certainly stings. 

Congratulations to all who got accepted. 

Edited by Facade19

Something tells me Stanford results will be out this week. 

That something is a mix of desperation, impatience and imagination mind..........

If I recall, Stanford makes decisions mid-February. I wonder if my charitable donation to Stanford is tax-exempt when I get rejected?

The big programs for this week are Duke and WUSTL

Next week are Penn State, NYU, UChicago, Berkeley, Rochester, Pitt, UCLA, Texas, Cornell

Anybody hear from Notre Dame?

Nope.. from the results page it looks like they do sometimes interview.

It's not clear if they do so across the board though.

Edited by AuldReekie

I have a question regarding wait- lists, since this is my first cycle I don’t how the procedure works,  so do schools always inform applicants about their wait list decisions or they just keep being silent till their final call? 

I have a question regarding wait- lists, since this is my first cycle I don’t how the procedure works,  so do schools always inform applicants about their wait list decisions or they just keep being silent till their final call? 

It varies. In my cycle a few years ago Pitt put me on an official wait list, while two others schools stayed silent long after their waves of acceptances and rejections went out. I am pretty sure that the latter two were unofficial wait lists.

P. S. None of those turned into offers later. The percentage of people getting plucked off of wait lists seems to be pretty low.

It varies. In my cycle a few years ago Pitt put me on an official wait list, while two others schools stayed silent long after their waves of acceptances and rejections went out. I am pretty sure that the latter two were unofficial wait lists.

P. S. None of those turned into offers later. The percentage of people getting plucked off of wait lists seems to be pretty low.

Thanks, so not getting a rejection reply in proper time more or less means you are on an unofficial waiting list i guess.

Edited by solidsnake