2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

Thank you everyone! And congrats!!

Is it considered rude or inappropriate to ask the grad admin/advisor if they know roughly what percent of interviewees get accepted? 

Nope, I did that for every program that invited me.

12/14 of my schools are not done with invites yet. A couple have sent early invites, but are not finished. The rest of them, probably 9 of them wont send anything until January. So I am in the same boat and am jealous of all the good news going on in here.

I second this. I'm super jealous and can't wait for January to roll around when most of my programs will start sending out invites.

Yes, my interview weekend with them is Jan. 29-31, but I think they separated them by interest and faculty. (mine is neurobiology)

There will be 5-6 interview weekends, though research interests are broadly grouped in certain weekends

OMG!! Received invitations from Harvard MCO, Harvard BBS, Berkeley MCB and UCI CMB today!! Somebody pinch me!!!!

Congrats! What are the interview dates for Berkeley MCB? I might also see you at UCI CMB Weekend :D

University of Oregon Biology sent out some interviews. Interview date is 02/11 - 02/14. 

Is anyone else getting interviews to institutions for which they spent less time on application materials, while not hearing back from the schools they super polished their SOPs and research histories for? 

Edited by omoplata

University of Oregon Biology sent out some interviews. Interview date is 02/11 - 02/14. 

Is anyone else getting interviews to institutions for which they spent less time on application materials, while not hearing back from the schools they super polished their SOPs and research histories for? 

Absolutely - but I spent more time on the applications for programs that have a very low acceptance rate/are very competitive, but that's unfortunately pretty much all of mine!

anxiously waiting for ucsd biological science…looks like they have send out some interview yesterday :( does anyone know whether they send out at different time for different research fields? Will they send invitation on weekends? I REALLY love that program and congrats to everyone who got an interview I am so jealous ;_;

anxiously waiting for ucsd biological science…looks like they have send out some interview yesterday :( does anyone know whether they send out at different time for different research fields? Will they send invitation on weekends? I REALLY love that program and congrats to everyone who got an interview I am so jealous ;_;

I haven't heard from them either, and I was actually really pleased with my SOP for UCSD, so I'm a little bumped. I looked at last year's results and some people got interviews really late, like January. Maybe there's still hope?

Edited by person5811

I haven't heard from them either, and I was actually really pleased with my SOP for UCSD, so I'm a little bumped. I looked at last year's results and some people got interviews really late, like January. Maybe there's still hope?

yeah let's hope for the best;_; looks like somebody posted interview that was received today! I'm going nuts…