2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

Ha. I just got a rejection from a program I didn't apply to. Well, really a lab. I had emailed a POI way back in August about positions in his lab, but he was looking for a student to work on a project I wasn't interested in so I didn't apply. I just got a rejection email from him that I wasn't chosen for the position, even though I told him I wasn't interested.

Do most programs have multiple interview weekends? I got an interview offer two weeks ago for one of my top choice programs and just got one today for my top choice, and of course they are the same weekend. I emailed the second program inquiring about any other times they might have available. If they don't list any other options do programs tend to just have one weekend?

I had the exact conflict occur to me - I would wager many competitive programs have only one weekend available, especially if they don't list alternate weekends. It will complicate things, I can tell you that!

it's only bbs, no further track

Ah true, I forgot it's through DMS

do they send out interviews randomly or does it go by last name or so?

Thanks! Do they send the invites all at the same time? Or one at a time/in batches?

From just scanning the results page, it seems like they sent the majority of the reported ones yesterday and today? Hopefully there'll be more before the break!

Just got an interview offer from UNC BBSP for Feb. 5-7, but I've got a conflict with that date. For those of you who have also gotten interviews from them, were they on other weekends? Wondering if they've got more than one and I can ask for a different weekend. 

Just got an interview offer from UNC BBSP for Feb. 5-7, but I've got a conflict with that date. For those of you who have also gotten interviews from them, were they on other weekends? Wondering if they've got more than one and I can ask for a different weekend. 

I have a feeling that you're going to have this problem a lot. Be prepared to reject a lot of invites. You applied to 18 schools and there are really only 6 weekends (Jane-mid Feb) for interviews....

Yes, my interview weekend with them is Jan. 29-31, but I think they separated them by interest and faculty. (mine is neurobiology)