2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

On my scripps app it says the application has been reviewed by the graduate office. Does this mean the adcoms already looked at it and haven't told me the decision or does this just mean all my documents have been received? or does this mean I'm rejected because I didn't get an invite after the review?

On my scripps app it says the application has been reviewed by the graduate office. Does this mean the adcoms already looked at it and haven't told me the decision or does this just mean all my documents have been received? or does this mean I'm rejected because I didn't get an invite after the review?

Hmmm, I just checked my application to see if I had the same status, but it just says "Complete." I'm not sure how to interpret your application status :\ If it says reviewed, then they probably looked at it but haven't made a decision yet. You still have a lot of time, so I don't think you should worry about it yet!

Edit: I also just checked the results page and it doesn't seem like anyone's heard from Scripps yet either, if anything, you're probably in a better boat than me!

Edited by amertume

Crap. I just emailed JHU because my application status was "incomplete" despite the fact that they had received all my materials. Turns out that it was because I hadn't submitted a TOEFL score (I'm international). I swear I had read somewhere though that international applicants who had undertaken their degree at an English-based institution were exempt. But I must have just gotten confused with all the other schools... 

Edited by rbear91

Hey guys, when I clicked on "View Checklist" for my Penn CAMB application today, it said that my English requirements were waived, my GRE scores have been received, etc- but on application status, it says "Materials needed". I have no idea why this is so, it says they have received everything. The only thing that caught my eye is that it says in transcripts that they have received my unofficial transcript, and they require official transcripts for review. I checked up on both of my schools, and they both said they have already sent official copies of the transcripts a month ago. Is anyone else facing the same problem, or is it just me? Can someone who received a Penn CAMB invite tell me if there actually is something wrong with my application, or if I am just being paranoid?

Hey! I am having the same issue!!! I tried asking a question about it on the admissions blog since finding contact info for their admissions department seems extremely difficult.

Hey! I am having the same issue!!! I tried asking a question about it on the admissions blog since finding contact info for their admissions department seems extremely difficult.

I don't think that there is an actual problem. I having the same thing showing up on my checklist, but received and interview offer on Monday and was not asked to send them any further materials. However, I wrote an email today just to be sure. As soon as I get a response, I will let you guys know.

Personnaly, I think that this is just a matter of what information is "in their online application system". It is very unlikely that the transcripts of all 4 or 5 of us that are in this situation actually got lost..

For those who have received UNC BBSP interviews, how did you accept the invitation? There is a link to a form to fill out, which I did a couple days ago, but I haven't heard anything else from the school since filling it out. This makes me wonder if I should actually respond by email to the invitation in addition to filling out the form.

I emailed him back accepting the invitation & saying I filled out the form! I don't think theyll check the the forms until after break when they're starting to make travel plans, so I would definitely email to accept!!

I don't think that there is an actual problem. I having the same thing showing up on my checklist, but received and interview offer on Monday and was not asked to send them any further materials. However, I wrote an email today just to be sure. As soon as I get a response, I will let you guys know.

Personnaly, I think that this is just a matter of what information is "in their online application system". It is very unlikely that the transcripts of all 4 or 5 of us that are in this situation actually got lost..

Thanks for the info! Definitely makes me feel a little better about the situation.

Yeah, I just want to know if I got accepted/rejected! Finals is over and now I have nothing to distract me. I've been seeing some of my schools popping up on the results submission and I'm getting worried that I haven't gotten anything yet.

When is it acceptable to contact programs that have been sending out invites on our status? I have seen UTSW, UCSF-BMS, Harvard-BBS, UPenn-CAMB, and Emory-IMP on this thread and the results search but have not personally gotten any news. 

I would wait until just after break for Dec 1 deadline schools. Except for maybe UTSW -- those invites were some of the first to roll out this season if I remember correctly.