2015 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dedi

Don't worry, interview invites are still rolling out for BMS. Lots of problems this year due to a new application system that have delayed the processing of applications. By the end of tomorrow the large majority of invites will be sent out, but there may be some trickle-down over the next week or so. Good luck!

Nooo, stopping giving me hope so I'll leave my inbox alone ;) It probably is a bit of a reach for me, but I figured I should apply anyways. I'm just sitting pretty in my rent-controlled apt in SF and don't want to leave!

How do you like the program by the way? 

I also received an invitation to interview at Columbia CMBS in the morning as well  :D!! I'll be going the same days you are so we might see each other there.

Cool! See you there!

Nooo, stopping giving me hope so I'll leave my inbox alone ;) It probably is a bit of a reach for me, but I figured I should apply anyways. I'm just sitting pretty in my rent-controlled apt in SF and don't want to leave!

How do you like the program by the way? 

It's fantastic. Research is great, coursework is great, atmosphere is great, SF is great. And you never know what can happen with the interview cycle!

Ugh, so jealous of you guys getting interviews. I applied for bioengineering and based off last year's application timeline on results, it seems most things start coming out mid January. I wanna know if I can even get into a grad school! :,(. But regardless, congrats to all you who got interviews! You all seem very smart and talented! :)

Don't worry, interview invites are still rolling out for BMS. Lots of problems this year due to a new application system that have delayed the processing of applications. By the end of tomorrow the large majority of invites will be sent out, but there may be some trickle-down over the next week or so. Good luck!

You don't happen to know when UCSF CCB is sending out their invites, do you?   :)

Do you know if they'll also send out rejections?

Got an interview invite from Cornell Micro (Ithaca)! Same weekend as my UGA interview, so it looks like I'll be making the 5.5h drive up another weekend!

Did my undergrad at Cornell! Ithaca is awesome, but COLDDD. Congrats! You'll love it!

Wisconsin-Madison interview!

I have a question for everyone

So I'm free for either of their interview weekends. Is it better to go to the first interview weekend? Or is it okay to ask for the second one even if I could go to the first one?
The reason that I ask is because the weekend before Madison's first option, I have an interview in Seattle, WA. I don't want to burn myself out going to two in a row, especially because the first involves flying and I tend to have bad luck with getting stuck in airports for forever.

Any advice?

Do most programs have multiple interview weekends? I got an interview offer two weeks ago for one of my top choice programs and just got one today for my top choice, and of course they are the same weekend. I emailed the second program inquiring about any other times they might have available. If they don't list any other options do programs tend to just have one weekend?

Wisconsin-Madison interview!

I have a question for everyone

So I'm free for either of their interview weekends. Is it better to go to the first interview weekend? Or is it okay to ask for the second one even if I could go to the first one?

The reason that I ask is because the weekend before Madison's first option, I have an interview in Seattle, WA. I don't want to burn myself out going to two in a row, especially because the first involves flying and I tend to have bad luck with getting stuck in airports for forever.

Any advice?

Congrats! I got a rejection email :( That's what happens when you apply on a whim! (I seriously applied to the Plant Path program, micro was kind of an afterthought).

Do most programs have multiple interview weekends? I got an interview offer two weeks ago for one of my top choice programs and just got one today for my top choice, and of course they are the same weekend. I emailed the second program inquiring about any other times they might have available. If they don't list any other options do programs tend to just have one weekend?

Most of my interviews have had multiple weekends offered. It's always better to go to the first weekend if possible, especially at your top school but I think you should see what your 2nd choice says. Did you already confirm the weekend with your 2nd choice?

Most of my interviews have had multiple weekends offered. It's always better to go to the first weekend if possible, especially at your top school but I think you should see what your 2nd choice says. Did you already confirm the weekend with your 2nd choice?

I told my second choice I could go to their interview weekend but have not booked any travel arrangements (I was going to do it later today ironically).