MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Michigan sent a first round of rejections last year on this date...wondering if something will go out today too...

Yeah wondering the same thing. crossing my fingers for Michigan! 

What makes you think VCU would send out emails this Friday? From which department?

Last year I thought it was well into March before folks heard anything...

Using results search, I saw some for Feb 6th or so, and some in late March. I thought the late March ones were post interview, but I could be wrong

no.. they change your title to 2015 Painting MFA when they start considering applications and then if the MFA goes away that means you are no longer being considered as an applicant (i.e. you have been rejected). this has happened the past few years and is not an urban legend. which doesn't necessarily mean it will happen this way this year.

my title has not changed.

also it only pertains to columbia.

Edited by mlk

no.. they change your title to 2015 Painting MFA when they start considering applications and then if the MFA goes away that means you are no longer being considered as an applicant (i.e. you have been rejected). this has happened the past few years and is not an urban legend. which doesn't necessarily mean it will happen this way this year.

one more thing to be paranoid about.. thanks for the info :)

Edited by ouchfinger

regarding interviews (painting)

VCU

"The department will reach out to you if they want to interview.  This is usually done over skype.  Admissions decisions are typically done in March/April."

RISD

"Painting does require interviews and if they request one, you will be contacted directly.  We aim to notify all applicants by March 24th."

MICA

" We will be reaching out to interview candidates in the coming weeks and in some cases we have already begun. Please note that an interview is not an offer of admission, and that we will likely admitted students we do not immediately interview. Application decisions will be delivered in late March. International applicants receive their decisions via email."

I'm confused? this on slideroom? so if mine only says "2015 Sculpture" it means I was rejected?

Online system?

Zero idea of all of this

sorry I should be more clear. there is the "apply.arts" website where it tells you the status of your application, and then there's the slideroom website. someone wrote that in slideroom if it just says "2015 sculpture" or "2015 painting" without MFA after it means you were rejected? (If i'm understanding the conversation above correctly?) so I meant the "apply.art" when I said "the online system"

This Columbia business is freaking me out.

Idk if mine changed or not. It still says "2015 Photography" on my slideroom app, but 2015 Visual Arts MFA on my online system.

Keeping my fingers crossed nonetheless.

This Columbia business is freaking me out.

Idk if mine changed or not. It still says "2015 Photography" on my slideroom app, but 2015 Visual Arts MFA on my online system.

Keeping my fingers crossed nonetheless.

thats what it says for me too, but "2015 Sculpture" on slideroom...I can't remember if it said MFA before or not...anyone have insight??

No, I believe they will change your status to sculpture mfa when they begin the review process. If the mfa drops back off, you are no longer in contention. Don't hold me to this, that's just how I interpreted mlk's initial post.