MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Hang in there! This is my first time around, applied to 5 schools and havent heard a peep from one.

I would imagine this is a hectic and chaotic time on their end too, that they deal with every year. (So they surely aren't as eager as we are) :)

Best of luck!

Same to you! It is my first time applying to MFA programs as well, so it makes me feel better to see that other people haven't heard anything from their schools either. No one else I know has applied to the same schools I have so I've been sitting here stressing out over the lack of updates I have heard.  I applied to the three programs I listed above, but I'm just hoping I get into at least one of them...

um so if it says MFA after your painting thing at Columbia you've probably been rejected... that one girl got an interview. everyone else didn't. I don't know why they changed that process but it's over for everyone I think (including me). womp womp

um so if it says MFA after your painting thing at Columbia you've probably been rejected... that one girl got an interview. everyone else didn't. I don't know why they changed that process but it's over for everyone I think (including me). womp womp

Uggggggh I hope this isn't true, but you are probably right now that I look back on the forum posts. If it is true, that probably means I didn't get an interview. :( booooo

I thought it was the opposite... That having the MFA meant you were still being considered

I thought so too, but the only person we've heard from that got an interview for Columbia said:

Um... I just checked and it just says "2015 Painting" And Thank you!

I hope that the Slideroom thing is arbitrary, but I'm beginning to doubt it unfortunately.

I see that you applied to Hunter, so I doubt the system is the same fore approval or whatever. Or at least I hope it is...

Edited by cococo

Anyone else nervously waiting on funding info. after being accepted? This feels like round two of anxiety. I'm so happy about my acceptances but at the same time, don't want to get my hopes up if I ultimately can't afford to go... :(

Got an interview for Columbia Painting!! Super excited now

Interview at tyler went really well, it was really relaxing and conversational. Also Philadelphia seems like a great city!

I think admissions decisions are happening for a lot of schools this week, good luck y'all!

Columbia-interview March

Tyler- interview 2/21

SFAI-interview 2/20

VCU- interview 2/8

UT Austin- interview 2/6

UCLA (nothin)

Berkeley (crickets)

Hunter (more nothin and crickets)

For anyone who is coming to the saic interview event feb 28th/ March 1st. We should go out for dinner after the reception! I live in chicago so I know a good handful of places with cheap/good food.

I'll be at the reception as well.  I'm totally down to hang out afterwards.  Looking forward to meeting you guys :)

Scaredapplicant, I like your optimism.  :)

i called and they told me that some were being looked end of last week and some this coming week. one of the disciplines i applied for was reviewed last week and the other has yet to be reviewed and they both say MFA in my slideroom, so that's why I think that "MFA" just means the application is "open." (which is why that person who doesn't have MFA anymore found out they got interview --> application closed..but then it may also not say MFA anymore for someone who is flat out rejected) I just don't think columbia would have such a simplistic system

Edited by scaredapplicant

i called and they told me that some were being looked end of last week and some this coming week. one of the disciplines i applied for was reviewed last week and the other has yet to be reviewed and they both say MFA in my slideroom, so that's why I think that "MFA" just means the application is "open." (which is why that person who doesn't have MFA anymore found out they got interview --> application closed..but then it may also not say MFA anymore for someone who is flat out rejected) I just don't think columbia would have such a simplistic system

Which disciplines did you apply to?