MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I applied in printmaking, but I've posted similar inquiries with very little response.  cecily.brooke is also applying in printmaking. 

is anyone here applying for printmaking ?? it seems largely divided between painting and sculpture/new genres

I am applying to printmaking programs, still no news so I'm just quietly lurking. Congrats on the interviews blondertongue! 

Did anyone else get an email from Ohio state saying that they need to confirm the information in my FAFSA in order to "ensure that your award reflects the most accurate information"??? This seems like a good sign? :o! The email didn't say I was accepted or anything, just wants me to send them some documents so they can figure out my award. I applied to their sculpture department.

Did anyone else get an email from Ohio state saying that they need to confirm the information in my FAFSA in order to "ensure that your award reflects the most accurate information"??? This seems like a good sign? :o! The email didn't say I was accepted or anything, just wants me to send them some documents so they can figure out my award. I applied to their sculpture department.

I was asked to fill out the FAFSA by Feb 15 by one of my schools. I think that's a good sign; at least making the short list. I hope!

PNCA called with acceptance with a scholarship offer! So yea!

Curious as to what they gave you, when I went their for undergrad before transferring out they gave me their 'maximum' scholarship.  2500.  haha

I got one of those last week.  I applied to their painting program.  I haven't heard anything else from them either.  Bah. 

Hey everyone.  Im new to this I am applying to the following schools for painting:

ASU

Notre Dame

Syracuse

CSULB

Iowa

New Mexico

University for Washington

I was notified I was accepted to ASU today but I am still waiting for funding information. Does anybody know much about their funding situation or have any information about their grad studios?

Thanks! 

Edited by GrieseArt

PNCA called with acceptance with a scholarship offer! So yea!

I got a call as well but was working so i couldn't answer. what program did you apply to? and did you talk to them directly I didn't get offered anything in the voicemail.

Hey everyone.  Im new to this I am applying to the following schools for painting:

ASU

Notre Dame

Syracuse

CSULB

Iowa

New Mexico

I was notified I was accepted to ASU today but I am still waiting for funding information. Does anybody know much about their funding situation or have any information about their grad studios?

Thanks! 

I received an email from the photo department that they were in the process of reviewing their budget and funding opportunities.

Re: getting art theory/ criticism during undergrad...

I didn't and I'm slightly freaking out about it. I was a graphic design major during undergrad, so I'm way behind in art theory and art history. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me...

Anyone have any books they'd recommend for those of us who need to play catch up?

OK so I'm not alone. We barely brushed over the stuff in my undergrad program, only briefly during an Aesthetics of Art class. But graduate school is where most get the bulk of their crit studies, so I think we're ok. I'm finding there are some great resources out there on the web by just googling art theory and criticism, though. May help beef up an interview. 

Just wondering if people wrote about specific instructors they wanted to work with at each school in their statement of purposes this year. 

I did for one school, I'm not sure if it helped or hindered my application.

I didn't and I'm slightly freaking out about it. I was a graphic design major during undergrad, so I'm way behind in art theory and art history. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me...

Anyone have any books they'd recommend for those of us who need to play catch up?

I feel the best way to go about reading theory is to research what is most interesting to you and pertinent to your work. You get more complete knowledge when the authors focus in on a subject. However, there are a few compendiums I've read through (at least partially!)- "Contemporary Art:  1989 to the Present" is probably my first choice. "Art in Theory 1900-2000" was OK, but the collected writings were hit and miss.

I also got a call from PNCA! Visual Studies. what program did you apply for?

Visual Studies as well! I was also working when Peter called to let me know, but I received the acceptance packet via snail-mail.

Curious as to what they gave you, when I went their for undergrad before transferring out they gave me their 'maximum' scholarship.  2500.  haha

I hear their Visual Studies Scholarships cover about 1/5 of the tuition. Time will tell!

Hey everyone. Im new to this I am applying to the following schools for painting:

ASU

Notre Dame

Syracuse

CSULB

Iowa

New Mexico

Thanks!

I went to ASU for undergrad - the grad studios are now in this brand new building that's off-campus. They're pretty nice from what I've seen.

Anyone hear from OTIS or USC yet?

I was accepted by Otis yesterday with some sort of $5000 annual scholarship. Hoping they'll process financial aid soon so I can consider how much that actually helps.