MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Has anyone heard from Pratt??

I got an email weirdly late Saturday night. Their interviews filled up really fast for this week so I got one for next week. I'm going for printmaking tho, which seems like it's running on its own schedule compared to everyone else.

Trying to remain positive. I have interviews with SAIC and MICA- Hoffberger this week. Still waiting on Hunter and Boston. I am assuming rejection from both RISD and Columbia but have not been officially notified.

Trying to remain positive. I have interviews with SAIC and MICA- Hoffberger this week. Still waiting on Hunter and Boston. I am assuming rejection from both RISD and Columbia but have not been officially notified.

I didn't and I'm slightly freaking out about it. I was a graphic design major during undergrad, so I'm way behind in art theory and art history. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me...

Anyone have any books they'd recommend for those of us who need to play catch up?

Theories and documents of contemporary art by Kristine Stiles (Author), Peter Selz (Author), and also the Whitechapel Documents of contemporary art series are both good compilations.

The Whitechapel books are very specific, titles like: the object, systems, ethics, memory.. etc.

Edited by Jonsuit

All you need is one :) saic and mica (I went to mica for undergrad) are great programs and getting interviews to both is something to take pride in

Hey NicolasR1031, that's a bummer about Rutgers. Just wanted to tell you that I think your paintings are awesome! They remind me of Jake Berthot and John Walker.

Theories and documents of contemporary art by Kristine Stiles (Author), Peter Selz (Author), and also the Whitechapel Documents of contemporary art series are both good compilations.

The Whitechapel books are very specific, titles like: the object, systems, ethics, memory.. etc.

Whitechapel books are fantastic.

All you need is one :) saic and mica (I went to mica for undergrad) are great programs and getting interviews to both is something to take pride in

You are correct, I have to keep things in perspective. It only takes one. I appreciate the support. I'm excited for the SAIC event this weekend.

Hey NicolasR1031, that's a bummer about Rutgers. Just wanted to tell you that I think your paintings are awesome! They remind me of Jake Berthot and John Walker.

Thank you! Both Walker and Berthot are influences of mine. Hoping to hear back from Boston soon. John Walker is the department head there and I really like their program. From what I understand he is pretty hands on and it would be a unique opportunity.

I also suggest Theories and Documents of Contemporary Art (Stiles/Selz). I have been reading this for the past year every night before bed. Amazing reference.

I got an email weirdly late Saturday night. Their interviews filled up really fast for this week so I got one for next week. I'm going for printmaking tho, which seems like it's running on its own schedule compared to everyone else.

A friend of mine just got accepted to VCU Painting and Printmaking. Super stoked for him, but sad to cross that program off my list.

result for vcu painting is out? :( didn't hear anything from them

did your friend interview with them?

Thank you! Both Walker and Berthot are influences of mine. Hoping to hear back from Boston soon. John Walker is the department head there and I really like their program. From what I understand he is pretty hands on and it would be a unique opportunity.

BU is awesome! In case you haven't heard already, I know that in recent years BU has sent out acceptances pretty late in the game, like closer to late March or April and they did not conduct interviews. I'm not sure if they're following the same timeline this year, but just wanted to share with you the info that I have from previous years. Good luck!