MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

I'm dying waiting for fibers and sculpture to call me back.... :(.... Do ya'll think they tell us about whether we been chosen for a merit scholarship in the initial phone call/email telling us we're accepted?

Im sure differently departments have their own method, but when I got into the SAIC sculpture program in 2013, they sent a letter in the mail. No email.

Im sure differently departments have their own method, but when I got into the SAIC sculpture program in 2013, they sent a letter in the mail. No email.

Geez I hope it's not by letter... Too slow. Thanks for letting me know though!

VCU. Had Skype interview. Reject email about 10 days later. Wha Wha! It's ok. Didn't see myself in Virginia. Other things in the hopper.

Hi NyTreader, 

What date did you get your rejection? I did not have an interview with VCU and I have still heard nothing from them, not even a rejection! 

All these snow days aren't helping with the continuos refreshing of emails... Come on SVA. I was thinking about calling them but they close at 1 and I don't want to be annoying. 

Edited by tdevo412

All these snow days aren't helping with the continuos refreshing of emails... Come on SVA. I was thinking about calling them but they close at 1 and I don't want to be annoying. 

I am with you tdevo412 - I am dying to know! Did yours say email/mail? Does anyone know if SVA only sends acceptance via e-mail? Or do they also do postal mail? 

Hi NyTreader,

What date did you get your rejection? I did not have an interview with VCU and I have still heard nothing from them, not even a rejection!

VCU Rejection notice around 2/20/15 (email). About 10 days after the interview. Good luck. Edited by NYTreader

Hi =) Has anyone heard back from University of Connecticut, University of Oregon , University of Notre Dame, MCAD or VCU? Freaking out lol :(

Hey Madhini, I also applied to Notre Dame (painting), haven't heard a peep from them yet! 

I am with you tdevo412 - I am dying to know! Did yours say email/mail? Does anyone know if SVA only sends acceptance via e-mail? Or do they also do postal mail? 

Mine says Graduate Application Fall 2015 - Decision will be sent via e-mail/mail "

I mean it has been 4 days since the application status has changed. I know they send both, but I don't know about MFA procedures - I'm getting most of my info from a BFA alumni .

Edited by tdevo412

Mine says Graduate Application Fall 2015 - Decision will be sent via e-mail/mail "

I mean it has been 4 days since the application status has changed. I know they send both, but I don't know about MFA procedures - I'm getting most of my info from a BFA alumni .

Hi tdevo412, 

Is it your "Applicant Portal" that says "Graduate Application Fall 2015 - Decision will be sent via e-mail/mail "? I did not have an interview with SVA and have had no communication. My portal still says "Application Ready for Review".  The silence is deafening. 

Hi tdevo412, 

Is it your "Applicant Portal" that says "Graduate Application Fall 2015 - Decision will be sent via e-mail/mail "? I did not have an interview with SVA and have had no communication. My portal still says "Application Ready for Review".  The silence is deafening. 

I had my interview on 2/24/15 - I'd call them and see what is going on with your application, maybe they haven't gotten to you just yet? Don't panic. 

does anyone know how many ppl does hunter interview for MFA PAINTING each yrr??

Couldn't find any exact number. But they take about 80 art graduate students/year and there are 5 concentrations. So you do the math. (FYI- About 800 applicants/year).

I have been to interviews this year (not Hunter) that brought about 38 ppl in for 8 grad positions. I'm sure numbers vary according to schools and the year.

Edited by NYTreader

Hi tdevo412, 

I can't even get into my applicant portal. It keeps saying my password is incorrect, but when I choose to have them email me a password reset, I don't get an email. But I submitted the application and I have a confirmation number. The stress.

I can't even get into my applicant portal. It keeps saying my password is incorrect, but when I choose to have them email me a password reset, I don't get an email. But I submitted the application and I have a confirmation number. The stress.

Are you putting in a user name or an email? It kept doing the same thing to me for a while but then I used my full email and it worked. Best of luck to you!

Just got a phone call from SAIC printmedia accepting me! Official email and info to follow. Said nothing about funding, however...

God so jealous right now! Congrats! You think they'd do all the acceptances the same day?

Hi artists.

Has anyone heard back from Yale, MICA, Pratt, Tyler??

PSA for newcomers to the thread. Use the search function at the top right to find out what people have posted so far about particular schools.

God so jealous right now! Congrats! You think they'd do all the acceptances the same day?

I imagine they would call everyone today and tomorrow? So if no word yet, I'd wait another day before the panic sets in fully. These professors have a lot on their plates so I highly doubt they're making 15 phone calls all today (printmedia said they usually accept around 15 for the 8-10 spots as some will decline obviously).

(did we meet at the graduate day on 2/28? I showed up in the afternoon though...)

Edited by kxxx

does anyone know how many ppl does hunter interview for MFA PAINTING each yrr??

Hey yestoyeahhhh,

Yes they do. All interviews from what I understand in all disciplines are Friday, March 13... let's hope it's not an unlucky day! I have an interview in Combined Media.

Good Luck to you!

FYI for Design MFA applicants to California College of the Arts (CCA), it looks like admission results have been released on webadvisor.cca.edu :)

How do we login? Did they send us login information?