MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

Hello,

Has anyone been contacted by UCLA DMA or Parsons DT for an interview?

Thanks! 

Got an interview request from DMA this past thursday (13th). Didn't apply to DT. Still waiting from RISD Digital Media. Did you also apply there?

Also have been lurker in the past :mellow:

Edited by hooraypublic

Has anyone heard from Carnegie Mellon or SVA? I've applied to those as well as.

UO- had an phone interview havent heard back.

PNCA- had an phone interview havent heard back.

MICA- have a Skype Interview Wed.

My Nerves are ruining me lol

My Penn Design interview is tomorrow! I've been trying to prepare the past few days, hopefully it pays off!

Gwen let me know what they ask ! I want to prepare for my Tyler one. Good luck !!!

Yeah, let us know how it goes! Preparing for mine @ Penn on 2/25.

Thought I'd chip in, I interviewed with Penn Design last year and decided it wasn't for me. They dig into your work and will ask you tough questions, almost like a thesis defense. They also asked if I believed myself to be different than other artists of my generation. I was caught off guard.

Got an interview request from DMA this past thursday (13th). Didn't apply to DT. Still waiting from RISD Digital Media. Did you also apply there?

Also have been lurker in the past :mellow:

Hey hooraypublic, congrats! What's the date of your interview? I also applied to DMA, still waiting.

Applied to UCLA and USC. No word from either yet. Application status: still pending.

What are your programs there BUTTPOISON?

I have an interview for parsons on the 27th

Did you apply to Design and Technology? When did you get the email lgrcwest?

Thanks for replies everybody and good luck!

Hey hooraypublic, congrats! What's the date of your interview? I also applied to DMA, still waiting.

I applied to the Fine Arts department for Painting. They contacted me on feb 9th. Freaking out about the interview.

Since we're not expecting any news today, let's just talk about interviews. 

This is what I was asked in the only interview I have had so far (Alfred sculpture, second time applying):

-Why do you want to come here and how could you contribute to the program?

-Tell us about the materials you are working with.

-How do you incorporate your audience in your work?

-What is risk in sculpture?

-What are your passions besides sculpture?

-Question related to my statement.

I had decided I wouldn't prepare for this interview because I wanted it to be very natural and well...mistake. Honestly I believe it should be somewhere in between. The risk question is obviously meant to take you out of prepared answers, but I thought I could have been a lot clearer if I had prepared the other answers.

Anyone has any experience with Northwestern's MFA and their interview? 

Since we're not expecting any news today, let's just talk about interviews. 

This is what I was asked in the only interview I have had so far (Alfred sculpture, second time applying):

-Why do you want to come here and how could you contribute to the program?

-Tell us about the materials you are working with.

-How do you incorporate your audience in your work?

-What is risk in sculpture?

-What are your passions besides sculpture?

-Question related to my statement.

I had decided I wouldn't prepare for this interview because I wanted it to be very natural and well...mistake. Honestly I believe it should be somewhere in between. The risk question is obviously meant to take you out of prepared answers, but I thought I could have been a lot clearer if I had prepared the other answers.

Anyone has any experience with Northwestern's MFA and their interview? 

Thank you. I'm actually working on a word doc right now with potential interview questions, and some of these aren't on there.

Does anyone know what kind of questions MassArt asks?

Thanks! Mine is on March 6th, but I'm trying to see if they can switch me to another date.

It might take them a while to send out all the notice emails.

Yeah, let us know how it goes! Preparing for mine @ Penn on 2/25.

Gwen let me know what they ask ! I want to prepare for my Tyler one. Good luck !!!

The only questions they asked me (it was pretty short): 

Tell us about your work informally

Talk about how your materials/medium relate to your subject matter

Have you ever considered expanding beyond painting and drawing

Do you have questions for us

I was expecting them to ask me why i chose their program and what i would contribute...they didn't

Does anyone know about the MFA program of the Florida State University?

I've applied for it, but not sure if this is an excellent program there.

Appreciate for reply!

I'd like more information on this as well.... Has anyone visited the school or know anyone who goes there? 

I had a phone interview with FSU last week and the vibe I got from the interview was not great - they only asked questions about the school and not a single question about my practice/work. It was a very formal and impersonal conversation which kind of put me off. They also call you without warning so there is no time to prepare or look back on reasons why you may have applied there, which is tough when they ask such specific questions about the school. I can talk about my work without any prompting no problem but when you're applying to multiple places it's hard to remember the specifics about individual programs without your notes in front of you. The most pleasant part of the conversation was at the very end when she sounded happy to have it be over...

On the other hand I also interviewed with Portland State (Skype) and found it to have been much more relaxed and I actually really enjoyed the conversation. It made me want to get in even more. Fingers crossed that there will be good news coming from that although he told me decisions won't be made until mid March and that they are interviewing more candidates this year than previous.

Still no word from UCI or USC... At this point I'm assuming rejection.

I'd like more information on this as well.... Has anyone visited the school or know anyone who goes there? 

I had a phone interview with FSU last week and the vibe I got from the interview was not great - they only asked questions about the school and not a single question about my practice/work. It was a very formal and impersonal conversation which kind of put me off. They also call you without warning so there is no time to prepare or look back on reasons why you may have applied there, which is tough when they ask such specific questions about the school. I can talk about my work without any prompting no problem but when you're applying to multiple places it's hard to remember the specifics about individual programs without your notes in front of you. The most pleasant part of the conversation was at the very end when she sounded happy to have it be over...

On the other hand I also interviewed with Portland State (Skype) and found it to have been much more relaxed and I actually really enjoyed the conversation. It made me want to get in even more. Fingers crossed that there will be good news coming from that although he told me decisions won't be made until mid March and that they are interviewing more candidates this year than previous.

Still no word from UCI or USC... At this point I'm assuming rejection.

Sorry for the bad experience!

Can I ask you what area you are applying for? I applied for MFA in painting area and haven't received any information about my application. Does that mean I am rejected by the school?