MFA 2015 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

really? Crap I haven't heard anything bout if I've been accepted or not  and I just emailed Dennis Congdon about a day or so ago. Said they were still deciding. Maybe you were an easy pick :D haha! congrats!

Thanks! I think different department has different processing time. Mine is Digital + Media. What is yours? I think they'll send out all admissions no later next week.

Thanks! I think different department has different processing time. Mine is Digital + Media. What is yours? I think they'll send out all admissions no later next week.

OH duhhh ! Look at me, thinking everything revolves around painting.

I am looking to get into the Painting program :D

I just caught up on about 20 pages worth of posts! My particular mind numbing job is a little intense right now and I took a trip to the west coast to visit UO so I haven't gotten my gradcafe fix recently. 

Congratulations to everyone getting news! It is really almost over!

I believe for me it is coming down to UO vs. Alfred sculpture (thank you milkyways... I was accepted off the waitlist). This was my first time around applying and I wasn't sure what to expect or if this would be the year for me. But I am really pleased to have gotten some good news with good funding... there is still a little wedge of me that wonders what another go around would get me but I don't think I can take it. If anyone has any intimate knowledge or opinions about UO or Alfred sculpture programs I would LOVE to hear them. I have about a week to give Alfred my decision and I think it is going to be very close. Visiting Alfred this week and hoping to know more. 

I just caught up on about 20 pages worth of posts! My particular mind numbing job is a little intense right now and I took a trip to the west coast to visit UO so I haven't gotten my gradcafe fix recently. 

I believe for me it is coming down to UO vs. Alfred sculpture (thank you milkyways... I was accepted off the waitlist). This was my first time around applying and I wasn't sure what to expect or if this would be the year for me. But I am really pleased to have gotten some good news with good funding... there is still a little wedge of me that wonders what another go around would get me but I don't think I can take it. If anyone has any intimate knowledge or opinions about UO or Alfred sculpture programs I would LOVE to hear them. I have about a week to give Alfred my decision and I think it is going to be very close. Visiting Alfred this week and hoping to know more. 

I know a girl who goes to Alfred for sculpture. She loves it ! And I heard one guy at my school call it the "Mecca of art schools' LOL. I guess he liked the way it looked that much :P. hahaha.

I also have thought about the whole 'another round and waiting another year ' but yeah I don't feel like it's in my best interest...But I still can't help but wonder........wonder wonder...lol.

:) That's great news! I never had the chance to visit, but I've heard from several Alfred BFAs that the facilities are top notch. If your work involves ceramics/glass/foundry it's the way to go. Another thing to consider is the distance between Alfred and other places. For me this was a good thing since I love to lock myself in the studio to work and concentrate in my stuff, but other people don't work like that. Alfred has some really cool teachers (ak Sarah Blood ---drool) and is prestigious enough to hit top 20 in the lists . 

I'm leaning towards saic for painting/drawing. Pretty sure I'm out of the running for risd (my interview felt like falling down a cliff in slow motion, haha, my nerves really got the best of me). Is anyone else considering saic for pt/dw?

Anyone else here considering the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth?

I've been accepted and offered a grad assistantship, and am overall pleased with the school, their contact, and the people I have met, but its farther away than I would really like, which would ultimately mean added costs and other considerations; the other school I'm considering is much closer and in a bigger city which may provide more artistic opportunities in the long run, though its a bigger program and I don't feel I've made any real connection with anyone there yet. 

bwh15, I considered UMassD in a previous application year. I was also pleased with the funding offer (at the time) and the facilities (Star Store building). I also thought the faculty and students I met seemed to be friendly and smart. I got a very intentional vibe from the place; that people there are choosing it for specific reasons and forging their own paths. Not a super well-known program, but a lot of cool stuff to offer, in my opinion. And proximity to Providence/Boston/NYC doesn't hurt.

Just received an acceptance notification for MICA Mt. Royal via phone! Chris Herring said my acceptance packet was mailed Friday (3/13). Very odd considering it was my worst interview, but I won't complain obviously!

I'm leaning towards saic for painting/drawing. Pretty sure I'm out of the running for risd (my interview felt like falling down a cliff in slow motion, haha, my nerves really got the best of me). Is anyone else considering saic for pt/dw?

LOL My RISD interview felt the same way. The interviewers weren't even particularly difficult in my opinion and they were pretty nice overall,but I felt like I crashed and burned hahaha. ahg interviews!!!

Just received an acceptance notification for MICA Mt. Royal via phone! Chris Herring said my acceptance packet was mailed Friday (3/13). Very odd considering it was my worst interview, but I won't complain obviously!

This gives me hope LOL that I may have a chance with RISD hahaha. :D

What have people heard of UT  Austin's reputation??

What program are you looking at rooroo?  I visited UT Austin and saw many good things about it, and the students definitely receive a lot of support.  But I'd also love to know about the program's reputation if anyone has any insight to share.

Hey everyone,

hope you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

I am wrapping up my first year at Rutgers, I am photo technically but it is a very interdisciplinary program. If anyone has questions about the school, feel free to pm me and I will help anyway I can. I know it can be hard to narrow down schools.

Thanks!

What program are you looking at rooroo?  I visited UT Austin and saw many good things about it, and the students definitely receive a lot of support.  But I'd also love to know about the program's reputation if anyone has any insight to share.

I am interested in the painting program. What specifically did you see that was "good" ? Big studios, nice facilities...?

Hey everyone,

hope you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!

I am wrapping up my first year at Rutgers, I am photo technically but it is a very interdisciplinary program. If anyone has questions about the school, feel free to pm me and I will help anyway I can. I know it can be hard to narrow down schools.

Thanks!

Well... god, I want to know everything. I've been accepted with funding, but waiting on Hunter to make a final decision. I'm not even sure what to ask... All things being equal, what do you think you'd do if you had to choose over again between Rutgers and Hunter?

I was accepted on Friday for UPenn's program during my Skype interview. Really love the sound of the program and everything my interviewer was telling me was amazing. I live and go to school in Glasgow though, and am still keeping my fingers crossed for a GSA acceptance. I love it here and would love to stay. Unfortunately, my interview didn't go particularly well. So I suppose if GSA sends me the rejection I'm expecting, I'll be Philly-bound!

Did all SAIC sculpture acceptances go out last week? should I write that one off as a rejection? I was interviewed, but haven't heard anything since.