Fall 2015 Applicants

Congrats! I was accepted also! We have until the 3rd so I'll hopefully know by then. :) Will you be attending?

Congrats to you too! Yeah I'm definitely accepting the offer. Chico was my first choice due to my work situation and of course the one-year option. Hope to see you there!

Congrats to you too! Yeah I'm definitely accepting the offer. Chico was my first choice due to my work situation and of course the one-year option. Hope to see you there!

Yeah Chico is my last choice unfortunately. I really hesitated to even apply because of all the "controversial" things I've read lol. But I really want to visit before I make any decisions! Yeah I hope to see you there also! :)

Got an acceptance letter for the one-year program at CSU Chico today! Who else is going??

Congrats! I just looked and got accepted to. However, I'm probably going to go to CSULB as I'm not too fond of chico's area. 

Schooling: 3.3 UD GPA, BA in Anthropology from UCLA

Experience: I served in the Peace Corps as a literacy teacher, worked for almost four years for a sheriff's office, and have volunteered as a mentor and ESL tutor. I currently work at a law firm (although it's business/civil litigation)

Thanks! I've looked at previous threads from past years and csula looked a bit selective so I was always curious what they'd be looking for.

I sent my GRE scores to CSUDH back in December, along with the rest of the schools, and now they are telling me that they don't accept electronic GRE scores only hard copies attached with the supplemental application packet. I didn't see this (still don't) stated anywhere on the application. When i called to see about it, they told me applicants were told this at the informational meeting. I'm kinda bummed that they are doing this, I'm not sure how, but my scores ended up at Admissions and Records, but they still won't accept them as they are late. However, and this is where it gets interesting, I accidentally forgot to send in a form and they emailed me and let me know and gave me until early April to send in this missing item otherwise it would be considered incomplete. How is it they can give me a pass for one item, but not the other? Given, the GRE scores are optional, but I still don't understand it. Anyone else in the same boat? 

@saidypooMSW my friend had the same problem. They decided to waive the gre since she had a 3.4. The gre is only mandatory if your gpa is below 3.0. You should ask to speak to an admitting representative to try and fix the problem.

I sent my GRE scores to CSUDH back in December, along with the rest of the schools, and now they are telling me that they don't accept electronic GRE scores only hard copies attached with the supplemental application packet. I didn't see this (still don't) stated anywhere on the application. When i called to see about it, they told me applicants were told this at the informational meeting. I'm kinda bummed that they are doing this, I'm not sure how, but my scores ended up at Admissions and Records, but they still won't accept them as they are late. However, and this is where it gets interesting, I accidentally forgot to send in a form and they emailed me and let me know and gave me until early April to send in this missing item otherwise it would be considered incomplete. How is it they can give me a pass for one item, but not the other? Given, the GRE scores are optional, but I still don't understand it. Anyone else in the same boat?

That is strange. The GRE is optional tho. I didn't take the GRE and still got in.

I am on the waiting list at CSULA. Does anyone know the chances of getting in or how you're notified either way after?

I was also wait listed at CSULA. I literally applied on the last day applications were due. I hope we get in!! :unsure:  Does anyone know when is the last day to accept or deny CSULA? I just want to have an idea about when to hear back from them.  :(

I was also wait listed at CSULA. I literally applied on the last day applications were due. I hope we get in!! :unsure:  Does anyone know when is the last day to accept or deny CSULA? I just want to have an idea about when to hear back from them.  :(

I would call. I hadn't even received notice that they received my application and I called and asked when they would notify me of ANYTHING they returned my call and gave me a deadline and they stuck to it and I got their decision. it wouldn't hurt trying. Hopefully it's not like CSULB where they have you wait until July. 

I was wait-listed at UW Seattle. Can't decide if it is worth it to agree to wait and hear back, which might take all summer. Does anyone know how likely it is to get in? Is it appropriate to ask the admissions office what # I am on the list (if it works that way)?

Thanks! I had an extension on accepting the offer so as soon as I know they got everything and we're good to go, I'll definitely add the page:)

Sounds good. : ) Btw, when they sent your admission packet, did you get a fieldwork application too? (I'm curious because according to the packet, it looks like we'll be working outside our concentration for the first year, which I thought was a cool way of generalizing our experience. My concentration is CYWF, but I requested working in a forensic capacity at first.)

Ah... yes, hope we get in. The physical letter said I'd hear back no later than June 30th! However, I've been accepted to CSUN 3-yr cohort and the preliminaries are already under way. They move fast once they accept you. Already asking for field placement info and such. I guess they don't want to lose any good candidates to other schools.

Good luck, rtluvmg!

Hi guys! I applied to CSU LA MSW program back in december on the deadline. But I never received another email regarding the status. Just the confirmation email like two days after I submitted. Did anyone else get status updates?

I was wait-listed at UW Seattle. Can't decide if it is worth it to agree to wait and hear back, which might take all summer. Does anyone know how likely it is to get in? Is it appropriate to ask the admissions office what # I am on the list (if it works that way)?

I have no solid data, but I know someone who is currently in the UW program who was wait listed, so it is possible. I don't think it's inappropriate at all to call and check in.

Sounds good. : ) Btw, when they sent your admission packet, did you get a fieldwork application too? (I'm curious because according to the packet, it looks like we'll be working outside our concentration for the first year, which I thought was a cool way of generalizing our experience. My concentration is CYWF, but I requested working in a forensic capacity at first.)

Yea, I got that too. I turned mine in already but have yet to hear back. Only did it this week so I don't expect to hear back. Yes! I thought that was cool too because I want more experience in different areas so this will be a good way to get it. Ha, I'm in the FSW concentration but asked for school related social work for a first year placement.

Hi guys! I applied to CSU LA MSW program back in december on the deadline. But I never received another email regarding the status. Just the confirmation email like two days after I submitted. Did anyone else get status updates?

Similar to your experience, they just confirmed they received it and I didn't hear anything for 3 months then next thing you know there's an acceptance letter through snail mail.