Fall 2015 Applicants

I applied for the January 1 deadline.

Hey by Jan 1st do you mean the regular consideration deadline? I am surprised to hear you already heard back! I applied then too and I haven't heard a peep from UW, and wasn't expecting to until the end of March! Anxiety level is through the roof, the waiting game sucks :(

Hey by Jan 1st do you mean the regular consideration deadline? I am surprised to hear you already heard back! I applied then too and I haven't heard a peep from UW, and wasn't expecting to until the end of March! Anxiety level is through the roof, the waiting game sucks :(

Hi Caitlin, I applied by the January deadline, too, which was regular decision, not early decision, and I haven't heard anything, either. I think the early decision applicants are mostly who have received a response or a "too close to call" letter. You're not alone in anticipation. Hang in there... They said "March 24" so anything can still happen.

Just got my acceptance to Montana today. Very stoked about that. A little worried, though, because they want a response by March 23, and I'm still waiting on my last school to get back to me, Portland State, who says they will notify people no later than April 30. In past years people haven't heard until late April, and I don't want to say yes to Montana just because PSU hasn't even replied yet. Sent an e-mail to light a fire hopefully, and if that doesn't work I'll ask for an extension on confirming or denying at Montana. So much to consider.

I'm waiting for my interview at Hunter in two weeks, and it's honestly keeping me up at night! I only applied to one school and I'm hoping things come through.  The idea of moving literally cross-county to NYC is exciting and terrifying but I want it so badly!

I've got 4+ years as a full time psych tech in a mental health treatment facility, a 3.0 GPA and LOTS of psych/social work classes/clubs. My LOR are really strong and I can't be more grateful for them.  I'm worried about it all and hopefully I get some sleep soon!

Edited by rebekahh

Just found out that I was accepted to UT Austin!!! It's my top choice so I will probably be attending. I was so worried that if I hadn't heard back yet, it could only mean bad news. Good luck to everyone, I hope you all hear back soon!

Congrats! That makes the two of us. Do you plan on accepting?

Thanks, ditto to you!  Yes, I'm going to accept.  I am really interested in the forensic concentration, it's not too far from my apt here in LA, and my twin sister is also a CSULA student (she is getting her MA in SLP). 

Thanks alex bo balex, I will look for the FB group :)

Hello. I also received my acceptance to CSULA on friday. Congrats to everyone, that got accepted! Does any one know what the 2 year tution cost is for CSULA?

Congrats as well!

Per the CSU website, basic in-state graduate tuition for the 2014-2015 year is $6,738, and an estimated total cost of $7,614.

http://www.calstate.edu/budget/student-fees/fee-rates/losangeles.shtml

Not sure how much it's anticipated to rise next year (I'm assuming it will).  

Thanks, ditto to you!  Yes, I'm going to accept.  I am really interested in the forensic concentration, it's not too far from my apt here in LA, and my twin sister is also a CSULA student (she is getting her MA in SLP). 

Thanks alex bo balex, I will look for the FB group :)

Awesome, sounds good. : ) 

Here's a link for reference: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/csulamsw2017

And congrats to everyone who received an acceptance recently!

Congrats to those who got in to CSULA! Would any of you mind sharing any stats?

Schooling: 3.3 UD GPA, BA in Anthropology from UCLA

Experience: I served in the Peace Corps as a literacy teacher, worked for almost four years for a sheriff's office, and have volunteered as a mentor and ESL tutor. I currently work at a law firm (although it's business/civil litigation)

Edited by binichka

Got an acceptance letter for the one-year program at CSU Chico today! Who else is going??

Congrats! I was accepted also! We have until the 3rd so I'll hopefully know by then. :) Will you be attending?