Fall 2015 Applicants

Finally got my official acceptance letter from DU!!! So excited :D  Plus I also received 28k scholarship, which is a huuuuge help! I'm still waiting to hear back from UT, but at think point I think I'm 90% set on Denver. Congrats to everyone else getting acceptance letters, it really does make all that hard work pay off!

Congrats arandomtree! Anxiously waiting on PSU myself. Unfortunately it's for the 2 year option so I got a way to go in the waiting game but they're definitely my top choice along with UW. How was the BSW program there?

Thanks Cali_Coast! I actually went somewhere else for my BSW but I absolutely love Portland State's program. I am still waiting to hear back from UW, but I like the fact that Portland is a bit smaller and less research focused :) I was so surprised to hear back from them so soon because it seems that previous years haven't heard back until March. Hope you get to hear soon!

Congrats amers! That was a really fast turnaround considering the deadline was Jan 15, when did you apply? I'm still waiting to hear from UT :/

Thank you!! I think my application was completed around December 7th or 8th. About a week and a half ago, I noticed that when I clicked on my app on the website, that bar at the top had changed from "application complete" to "application under review," or something along those lines. Then when I went in today it had changed to say I was admitted! I was a bit surprised at how quick it was too, I didn't expect to hear back until February based on most of the posts I've read on this forum.

Good luck though! Hopefully you hear back soon and have some good news to share as well :)

So stoked to see so many people getting accepted! I'm still waiting on Michigan State University. The FAQ on their website states decisions will be mailed "as they are made- no later than mid-May." I sure hope I don't have to wait until May! ;) The deadline was January 10th. On the off chance anyone here is also waiting on MSU, let me know if you hear something- and congrats again to everyone who has heard good news from their program of choice! 

Hi y'all,

I was recently accepted to NYU Silver School. I applied to NYU, Hunter College, Smith College, UMN Twin Cities, UW Seattle, and UPenn. I have a Skype interview with UPenn tomorrow morning - any tips? Also my application status on Hunter's website says "interview pending," though I haven't received any emails from them yet. I applied to UW Seattle early decision on Dec 1 and still no word, while NYU accepted me 10 days after I applied, haha. Anyone heard from these schools yet? 

Kelsey

also, I accidentally gave myself a negative reputation point, whatever that means? haha I can't undo it, I hope it doesn't deter anyone from responding to my post! I will repost it here:

Hi y'all,

I was recently accepted to NYU Silver School. I applied to NYU, Hunter College, Smith College, UMN Twin Cities, UW Seattle, and UPenn. I have a Skype interview with UPenn tomorrow morning - any tips? Also my application status on Hunter's website says "interview pending," though I haven't received any emails from them yet. I applied to UW Seattle early decision on Dec 1 and still no word, while NYU accepted me 10 days after I applied, haha. Anyone heard from these schools yet? 

Kelsey

Edited by jalapeno_bagel

To those of you who have heard back from DU, when did you apply? My application was completed on 1/9, so I assume that's why I haven't heard back yet, but reading about all of you who have gotten accepted is making me anxious! Right now my application reads "Application status: Complete/Ready for review, Decision: Not Available." Where are the Accept/Decline buttons supposed to show up, at the bottom of the page?

Does anyone know if Smith College ever notifies people earlier than they claim? I've received several "your app is complete" emails, and today they finally said it is being reviewed and I will be notified in 4-8 weeks. Their process feels really slow compared to other schools' timelines, and I've also had some schools respond quicker than they initially tell me they will. Haha not really important, I just want to know! 8 weeks feels so far away.

Also, my UPenn interview went really well, if anyone has questions about what it was like, let me know! 

Has anyone been invited for an interview with Hunter College yet?

To those of you who have heard back from DU, when did you apply? My application was completed on 1/9, so I assume that's why I haven't heard back yet, but reading about all of you who have gotten accepted is making me anxious! Right now my application reads "Application status: Complete/Ready for review, Decision: Not Available." Where are the Accept/Decline buttons supposed to show up, at the bottom of the page?

Yes, you'll see them at the bottom of that page if you're admitted. I finished my app in early Decemeber and heard back a little over a month later.

I got my rejection letter yesterday. I submitted December 20th.

Good luck!

Holy smokes! The pressure is on. I have been checking my application like crazy...Still no changes. Read_books, did anything on your online portal change to suggest you didn't get in before you got your letter?