Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

Congrats to those who have been accepted! To those of you who have been invited to the U of T 2 year, does your status on the graduate application still say "under review" or "decision made"?

I'd also love to know the answer to that question :) 

Congrats to those who have been accepted! To those of you who have been invited to the U of T 2 year, does your status on the graduate application still say "under review" or "decision made"?

Mine still says "Under Review"!

This year the advanced standing applicants heard over the course of a few weeks so don't start panicking yet!  Officially, UofT notifies by snail mail so its definitely not over until you get an official letter either way.  I'm sure more of you are going to be accepted.

In the event that you aren't accepted, your ROSI won't change.  It won't change for either a rejection or a waitlist.  Also, when I was accepted my status didn't change to "decision made" for another 3 weeks.  That area doesn't seem to really be updated as regularly. 

This happening on a Friday really, really sucks!  I know how frustrating that it.  Hopefully Monday will bring good news for more people.  And congrats to the ones who got in!

swrk - I graduated from the 1 year program at Waterloo in June 2014.  It is a really great program and I completely credit it with me getting into the advanced standing program at UofT.

Oh GOD this is heartwrenching. When I saw how many new pages were on this forum I just knew something happened, but I only saw it now and ROSI is unavailable (till 10PM, according to a previous poster?) and I don't know HOW I am going to survive the next two hours even though I am steeling myself because I can't get my hopes up that a decision will have been made yet. This is going to be the longest weekend of my life.

(I wasted five minutes checking all my other application spots [Laurier, and OUAC for Lakehead, and the STU site for St. Thomas] and nothing on any of them, of course. I know I still have at least a few more weeks to go but holy hell are they going to take forever. No, that's fine, I have like six papers due at the end of March so slow weeks isn't the worst thing but oh god oh god oh god.)

Congrats to everyone who has heard so far!!! What amazing news - hope you all get to have proper celebrations this weekend. :)

@magfish -- I'm in the same position, I also have 6 papers due throughout March and beginning of April so slow weeks are good but ahhhhh! I want to know so I can just deal with the decisions and move on with my plan B if necessary. 

@Social Work 93 -- I am equally waiting impatiently. I honestly don't think there will be any updates but hey, you never know. 

Oh GOD this is heartwrenching. When I saw how many new pages were on this forum I just knew something happened, but I only saw it now and ROSI is unavailable (till 10PM, according to a previous poster?) and I don't know HOW I am going to survive the next two hours even though I am steeling myself because I can't get my hopes up that a decision will have been made yet. This is going to be the longest weekend of my life.

(I wasted five minutes checking all my other application spots [Laurier, and OUAC for Lakehead, and the STU site for St. Thomas] and nothing on any of them, of course. I know I still have at least a few more weeks to go but holy hell are they going to take forever. No, that's fine, I have like six papers due at the end of March so slow weeks isn't the worst thing but oh god oh god oh god.)

Congrats to everyone who has heard so far!!! What amazing news - hope you all get to have proper celebrations this weekend. :)

Anyone else waiting till 10pm to login back into Rosi to check for an update on 2 year?? 

Im going nuts. 

For people that got into advanced standing at U of T, I would really appreciate it if you wouldnt mind answering these questions. Thanks so much! 

1) What type of funding/grants did they offer you?

2) How much is tuition for the year?

3) Did they offer you a Ta position?

Thanks so much 

Anyone else waiting till 10pm to login back into Rosi to check for an update on 2 year??

Im going nuts.

YUP. Didn't finish work till 6 so I had no chance to try earlier. Going CRAZY here.

Im going nuts. 

Yes! Even though I know there probably won't be any updates, I'm still holding on to hope though! From what I've seen only 2 people from the forum have been accepted so I am guessing that this is not the last of the admissions, I'll keep my chin up until the official letter comes in the mail or at least try. Going through a wait-list or rejection for the second year in a row would really dampen my spirits  :unsure:

If the people who have been accepted for the 2 year @ uoft wouldn't mind sharing their experience profile I'd really appreciate it  :) It'd be nice to get an idea of what it takes to get in this year

Yes! Even though I know there probably won't be any updates, I'm still holding on to hope though! From what I've seen only 2 people from the forum have been accepted so I am guessing that this is not the last of the admissions, I'll keep my chin up until the official letter comes in the mail or at least try. Going through a wait-list or rejection for the second year in a row would really dampen my spirits  :unsure:

If the people who have been accepted for the 2 year @ uoft wouldn't mind sharing their experience profile I'd really appreciate it  :) It'd be nice to get an idea of what it takes to get in this year

I agree. I would be very curious to know their GPA and marks .... if they wouldnt mind sharing of course. 

I am waiting to hear from u of c clinical msw has anyone heard if any decisions?

I haven't heard anything yet for the 2 year program. I was told that they are hoping to make a decision by the end of March. 

If anyone is interested I went back to the beginning of the forum and lightning1129 shared their experience on page 4, clearly a well deserving candidate with great experience, I can see why they were accepted. 

Hope you are out celebrating lightning1129! 

Makes me even more nervous :unsure:

If anyone is interested I went back to the beginning of the forum and lightning1129 shared their experience on page 4, clearly a well deserving candidate with great experience, I can see why they were accepted. 

Hope you are out celebrating lightning1129! 

Makes me even more nervous :unsure:

Thanks for referring us

I have yet to email Angela and I feel like everyone has had their fair share of emails. Maybe I will use my first one on this to see if more acceptances will be going out. I mean it's impossible that only 2 people out of this whole forum will get in right ?!?!!

I have yet to email Angela and I feel like everyone has had their fair share of emails. Maybe I will use my first one on this to see if more acceptances will be going out. I mean it's impossible that only 2 people out of this whole forum will get in right ?!?!!

It is still early and I definitely understand the urge to email Angela, but I would definitely try to hold out until Friday of next week. Even though I believe more offers will continue to be sent out following next week waiting until the end of next week is technically closer to mid-March and will give you more of an excuse to contact her since letters could be sitting in the post office as we speak! It's best to use your one email wish wisely :) I unfortunately have used mine to send in an updated CV!

Anyone else just check their ROSI (it's back online) 

no changes on mine, I will attempt to enjoy my weekend and anxiously await Monday! :) 

No changes to my ROSI either. I knew it was way too optimistic. Next week you better bet I'll be checking every single hour of the day hahaha. ;) I am sure these two are not the only acceptances going out. U of T has always done them in waves (for the 1 yr, for last years 1 yr & 2 yr) so no reason at all to lose any hope everyone. I'm sure we'll see lots more acceptances in the next few weeks.