Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2015 admissions

smpalesh

Thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if they had another round of admissions like the other schools. I would guess that there is still time to be accepted too :)

They didn't offer anything in the email, but from the sounds of it, I'll get more info from the admission package they're mailing. I can let you know if they do provide different information in the package next week

Okay i see, exciting! hopefully i will hear something today I cannot go through another weekend not knowing anything.  

We can all keep each other posted.

Looks like we are in the same "no news" group! Congrats to everyone else who heard something. 

Yes, we seem to be :( let's hope we get some good news to hold us for the weekend! hahah

I feel like I am going to be checking ROSI every five minutes today lol:(

You are not alone, I've already begun! 

I dare someone to try to pry my phone from my hands today haha :lol:

Terrified :(( and had a nightmare about it last night, its seeping into my dreams haha

You are not alone, I've already begun! 

I dare someone to try to pry my phone from my hands today haha :lol:

haha yes I feel like this is going to be a slow day! I really hope all of us hear good news today that way we can relax this weekend!

haha yes I feel like this is going to be a slow day! I really hope all of us hear good news today that way we can relax this weekend!

I agree! I have checked at least 7 times already this morning!

Edited by katkatkat

Just remember that no news is also still good news at this stage :) 

So what does everyone think? Are we, or are we not receiving some news today?

I think they found out around 5 p.m. last Friday so I am holding on to hope until that time :) I am sooo anxious though I really hope we don't have to wait another week :(  

I don't think we will hear today. But I'm not quite sure how they are doing it. People who have been invited say they have 4 weeks to accept the offer. So I don't think they're waiting to hear back from the first round as there wouldn't be enough time. It's a mystery!

Just remember that if we don't hear today it's a good thing. It means we are all still in the game :)

Bettyg - I agree. I also don't think we will hear back today. I'm thinking it will be closer to the beginning of April unfortunately. It's such a mystery, I wish I would know how they are doing it. 

I don't think we will hear today. But I'm not quite sure how they are doing it. People who have been invited say they have 4 weeks to accept the offer. So I don't think they're waiting to hear back from the first round as there wouldn't be enough time. It's a mystery!

Just remember that if we don't hear today it's a good thing. It means we are all still in the game :)

I tried calling Angela twice today (around 12noon and just now) and it has gone to her voicemail both times. Perhaps she's off today.

I have thus far resisted calling or emailing, but with such a short time to accept York (24 hours now), I cracked and figured I would try. Her voicemail is verbatim the email that she has sent us all (decisions will be sent until mid-April, can't comment on individual cases, etc.) I didn't leave a message

I woke up this morning so hopeful that we would hear today!

I tried calling Angela twice today (around 12noon and just now) and it has gone to her voicemail both times. Perhaps she's off today.

I have thus far resisted calling or emailing, but with such a short time to accept York (24 hours now), I cracked and figured I would try. Her voicemail is verbatim the email that she has sent us all (decisions will be sent until mid-April, can't comment on individual cases, etc.) I didn't leave a message

You should try e-mailing or calling again! I heard that if you let them know you have 24 hours to accept another school and would like an update, they may be more inclined to give you one. It's worth the chance if you really want to go to U of T anyways.

I agree with everyone else though, we probably won't hear anything until near the beginning of April.

Edited by Fenris70

I agree with Fenris70, in your situation I would most certainly be calling and emailing. You have the right to know in this situation. I hope you get an answer. 

You should try e-mailing or calling again! I heard that if you let them know you have 24 hours to accept another school and would like an update, they may be more inclined to give you one. It's worth the chance if you really want to go to U of T anyways.

I agree with everyone else though, we probably won't hear anything until near the beginning of April.

Edited by purplegrey

Same! I also haven't received any news about Carleton so I'm assuming I was waitlisted with no conditions. 

edit: haven't

Ughhh nothing so far on Rosi !! 

Edited by purplegrey

Nothing on my ROSI either. At this point I just want it to be 6 because that's when the weekend will start in my mind and I can ignore* all of this anxiety and stress until Monday.

* only refresh the pages twice a day instead of twice an hour

I am starting to think we won't get news today. If Angela is the one updating rosi and she's not in the office she might have kids and took off a few days for March break. Someone mentioned she wasn't in yesterday either. I'll be refreshing until 5 though cause last week they found out later in the day.

I am seriously feeling so discouraged. It seems rediculous to wait four weeks until sending out another wave of offers. Every Friday for a few weeks is totally reasonable. Plus, it seems crazy that someone wouldn't be filling in for Angela if she was off.

Going nuts.