Fall 2015 Acceptances (and Rejections) Thread

Anonymona

In mine, by the middle of the page there is a "Status Update", where the rejection letter is. But I guess you would have received an e-mail about it.

Is the email a generic one? did it say anything about the review process?

I haven't heard from Columbia either. 

Does anybody know what is going on with UC Irvine? I saw they sent out some acceptance last week but was unsure if they are done sending them out. In past years they sent all the acceptances out in one wave but it also looked like a lot more acceptance were posted.

Edited by sdr2659

Is the email a generic one? did it say anything about the review process?

I haven't heard from Columbia either. 

It's a standard rejection letter. It just said that the MA decisions will be made later.

Does anybody know what is going on with UC Irvine? I saw they sent out some acceptance last week but was unsure if they are done sending them out. In past years they sent all the acceptances out in one wave but it also looked like a lot more acceptance were posted.

I was admitted to Irvine last Tuesday. Based on my limited knowledge they may have done admitting people b/c I got an email from them last weekend regarding the open house, and there were more than 20 students listed as email receipients. However, I don't know how many students they usually admit each year so I might be totally wrong.

Good luck!

I was accepted to UC Irvine last week (2 February). Waiting on funding. You can PM me if you have any questions, but if they're relevant to others go ahead and ask them here.

I'm guessing that you're in limbo. I don't want to kill your hopes, but I received an email on Sunday about open house. The email was sent out to me and more than twenty other people--I'm guessing all the persons accepted. You shouldn't take this as proof that they're no longer accepting anyone, but that's a pretty big group of people. 

EDIT: Looks like someone (asheleeyang) beat me to what I said. 

Edited by global_latam

I was accepted to UC Irvine last week (2 February). Waiting on funding. You can PM me if you have any questions, but if they're relevant to others go ahead and ask them here.

I'm guessing that you're in limbo. I don't want to kill your hopes, but I received an email on Sunday about open house. The email was sent out to me and more than twenty other people--I'm guessing all the persons accepted. You shouldn't take this as proof that they're no longer accepting anyone, but that's a pretty big group of people.

EDIT: Looks like someone (asheleeyang) beat me to what I said.

Haha. Glad to see my fellow Irvine admits here :-)

Are you going to the open house?

For those who very recently posted on the survey that they were admitted to UCSD, did you find out early today or only a few hours ago? Hard not to know whether they are still sending out acceptances!

I was emailed a little before noon Mountain time. I know that they admitted one person last Friday (at midnight, actually), and the rest of us today.

Has anyone been admitted into the English PhD program at either UC Davis or UWashington? 

Applying: BerkeleyColumbia, Mills College, Princeton, UC Davis, University of Exeter, UWashington

Accepted: (0/11) 

Waitlisted: (0/11)

Rejected: (2/11) Berkeley (History PhD), Columbia (English PhD), Princeton (History PhD)

samesies ;'( good luck to the rest of yall!

What do you mean? Are the first batch of rejection letters sent out? Does it mean I still have a chance??? *bite nails..throws cat pillow..gnawing table..!!

Hi guys! I'm mostly applying to political science programs, but did apply to NYU for political sociology.

I know that a few NYU acceptances were posted a few days ago, but are those of you that applied still expecting some news? Or do we think all the acceptances/waitlists are already out? Thanks, and best of luck to everyone this cycle!  

Hi guys! I'm mostly applying to political science programs, but did apply to NYU for political sociology.

I know that a few NYU acceptances were posted a few days ago, but are those of you that applied still expecting some news? Or do we think all the acceptances/waitlists are already out? Thanks, and best of luck to everyone this cycle!

I called GSAS and while the guy was very sweet, he seemed to impression none had been sent out so I don't know how accurate his info is. He said it could still be another month of waiting for a response.