Canadian Fall 2015 Applicant Thread

Mandy P.

I applied to social there too. Could you share what you heard?

I was contacted by POI to discuss the program. They also asked me to fill out a form so they could put my name forward for an internal scholarship. I have already accepted another offer so I turned down the interview.

I was contacted by POI to discuss the program. They also asked me to fill out a form so they could put my name forward for an internal scholarship. I have already accepted another offer so I turned down the interview.

Thanks for answering! I thought they don't conduct interviews for this program... Who was your POI? Mine is Dr Chirkov.

Thanks for answering! I thought they don't conduct interviews for this program... Who was your POI? Mine is Dr Chirkov.

I don't know if it was really an interview (and they never referred to it as such). They just said they wanted to call me to talk about the program at U of S. Since they asked me to fill out the form for internal funding opportunities, it seemed like they wanted to let me know they were wanting to accept me (I may be overly optimistic with this thought).

I don't know if it was really an interview (and they never referred to it as such). They just said they wanted to call me to talk about the program at U of S. Since they asked me to fill out the form for internal funding opportunities, it seemed like they wanted to let me know they were wanting to accept me (I may be overly optimistic with this thought).

It sounds like an acceptance to me ;)

At least I wasn't rejected yet, hoping someone would like to talk about the program with me too!

It sounds like an acceptance to me ;)

At least I wasn't rejected yet, hoping someone would like to talk about the program with me too!

I agree, it totally sounds like an acceptance! Congrats morningsun!

To the person who got accepted to Guelph today, what program did you apply to?

edit: Oh , we posted at the same time. Congratulations!

Edited by Sujie

Sorry to hear about ryerson.. Did you interview there?

Nope :( 

good luck! If you had an interview and didn't get a rejection today I think that'd a pretty good sign! :)

To the person who got accepted to Guelph today, what program did you apply to?

edit: Oh , we posted at the same time. Congratulations!

Thank you! It's an MA in Applied Social Psych!

I was preparing to get shut out and ... ACCEPTANCE, BLAMO!

Congratulations! I applied to social psychology stream at Alberta, but didn't hear anything since interview with POI in November. Do you know if anyone else got accepted?

Congratulations! I applied to social psychology stream at Alberta, but didn't hear anything since interview with POI in November. Do you know if anyone else got accepted?

My POI wrote me saying the university had been dealing with some budget uncertainty and the offer was delayed longer than she'd like it to have been. I'm not sure what the situation was but it may have extended to the social psyc department also, leading to a delay. My interview was in mid January and I just heard this week so don't take it as a bad sign yet.

Has anyone applied to/heard from Brock University?  :mellow:  

I'm getting so frustrated; I applied to some schools in August and still no answer!  :wacko:  

Official rejection from UWO today :(

Why do you think you were rejected from Saskatchewan? I e-mailed grad assistant today about my application....

Has anyone applied to/heard from Brock University?  :mellow:  

I'm getting so frustrated; I applied to some schools in August and still no answer!  :wacko:  

My friend and I are still waiting on Brock too! 

My friend and I are still waiting on Brock too!

I emailed the Faculty of Graduate Studies in February, and they wrote that we should expect to hear back 6~8 weeks after the application deadline. It has been almost 3 months since the deadline,so I emailed the Psychology Department today... let's see what they will answer...

I emailed the Faculty of Graduate Studies in February, and they wrote that we should expect to hear back 6~8 weeks after the application deadline. It has been almost 3 months since the deadline,so I emailed the Psychology Department today... let's see what they will answer...

My friend emailed them after going to the recruitment event and they just said to wait a few week...It has been like a month or so now  <_< Please let me know if they say anything of interest!  :)

Why do you think you were rejected from Saskatchewan? I e-mailed grad assistant today about my application....

They've apparently already done the interviews for the clinical program, according to another poster. 

I was officially rejected by Ryerson by email.

Any news regarding: York (Clinical and Clinical Developmental); UTSC Clinical, OISE MA Clinical and MEd Counselling?

Thanks,