Canadian Fall 2015 Applicant Thread

Mandy P.

I was officially rejected by Ryerson by email.

Any news regarding: York (Clinical and Clinical Developmental); UTSC Clinical, OISE MA Clinical and MEd Counselling?

Thanks,

I believe offers have been extended for all three institutions already. A friend of mine was offered the MA at OISE. 

I believe offers have been extended for all three institutions already. A friend of mine was offered the MA at OISE. 

Yes, I have been accepted to the MA in Clinical & Counselling psych at OISE. Received a letter last week in the mail. Let me know if you have any questions about the process! 

I got a reply from Brock; they will be notifying of the decisions next week. My POI wrote that I was not accepted; it was kind of him to take time on Saturday and let me know.

Thanks! In the website my file is still under review.

Do you know about the MEd?

Yes, I have been accepted to the MA in Clinical & Counselling psych at OISE. Received a letter last week in the mail. Let me know if you have any questions about the process! 

Asked in for an interview with Memorial University for their Psy.D. program. Looks like they will be taking a few students this year. Waiting on details about the interview. Crossing my fingers! First cohort should be done this year, so it could be accredited for next year. :)

Is Acadia accredited by CPA??

It's am MSc program - they don't accredit terminal masters programs.

You can get accredited in some provinces, including the one I want to practice in, you just have to do 4 years of supervised practice vs. the 1 with a PhD

Asked in for an interview with Memorial University for their Psy.D. program. Looks like they will be taking a few students this year. Waiting on details about the interview. Crossing my fingers! First cohort should be done this year, so it could be accredited for next year. :)

AWESOME! I almost applied there but decided not to because of the uncertainty. Congrats!

Thanks! In the website my file is still under review.

Do you know about the MEd?

Not sure about the M.Ed at OISE. I just finished that program actually! When I was applying to it two years ago, I called the Registrar's office weekly. They were able to update me on the status of my application. Seems OISE will not update application status online (mine is still 'under review' from two years ago). 

Thanks!

I was able to talk to them and they said applications to their programs are still under review.  They hope to finalize recommendations this week.

Let's hope for the best...

Not sure about the M.Ed at OISE. I just finished that program actually! When I was applying to it two years ago, I called the Registrar's office weekly. They were able to update me on the status of my application. Seems OISE will not update application status online (mine is still 'under review' from two years ago). 

Just stumbled upon this website...I went through the thread and didn't find any info on Concordia clinical. Has anyone heard from them by any chance? Rejection or acceptance?

I've heard nothing from Concordia clinical! My interview day took place back in January.

Would it be safe to assume that if we haven't heard back from OISE SCCP by now that it is a rejection? I have been accepted elsewhere and want to give them my answer. Thinking about giving the admissions dept. a call just to be sure but don't want to be a pain. Help! 

Would it be safe to assume that if we haven't heard back from OISE SCCP by now that it is a rejection? I have been accepted elsewhere and want to give them my answer. Thinking about giving the admissions dept. a call just to be sure but don't want to be a pain. Help! 

I would call the department. It's pretty poor for them to make decisions and not let people know ASAP. Also, if you're holding on to offers because you're waiting to hear from a school, then that school is putting the other departments in a shitty position. Long story short, give them a call and don't feel bad about it. 

I would call the department. It's pretty poor for them to make decisions and not let people know ASAP. Also, if you're holding on to offers because you're waiting to hear from a school, then that school is putting the other departments in a shitty position. Long story short, give them a call and don't feel bad about it. 

Agreed!

Thanks!

I was able to talk to them and they said applications to their programs are still under review.  They hope to finalize recommendations this week.

Let's hope for the best...

Good luck! The M.Ed is a great program... lots of my friends from the program have jobs in the field now. There is also the EDD option following the M.Ed, which can be equivalent to the Phd for those in the M.Ed stream who want to pursue a doctorate after. 

I called the admissions department at OISE today. They said for the SCCP program, whilst they couldn't say for sure, not hearing by now is most likely a bad sign. I am taking it as a rejection and accepting my other offer. Thanks for the encouragement, I'm glad I called! 

Hi all, for those who may still be waiting for a response from UTSC's clinical program, I received my unofficial rejection yesterday. 
Hope that means some of you have chosen to accept their offer. It's a great program, and the people there will be great advisors  :)

Thanks!

Good luck! The M.Ed is a great program... lots of my friends from the program have jobs in the field now. There is also the EDD option following the M.Ed, which can be equivalent to the Phd for those in the M.Ed stream who want to pursue a doctorate after.