Out of curiosity, how old is everyone who plans to pursue a Masters?

I'll be 23 if I start this fall, fingers crossed. Couldn't decide between working and going to grad school, so I figured I'd apply to a couple of competitive programs and in the event of flat out rejections just go job-hunting. I'll be pretty bummed if I don't get accepted anywhere though!

• 2 weeks later...

I started my masters at 21. I will be starting my PhD at 23, should I be admitted anywhere. 

I am the youngest in my current cohort. I hold out hope that I will not be the youngest person in my PhD cohort, simply because a lot of people in my cohort are older and it can be tough socially, at least it was until we all found footing around each other.

I haven't experienced anything overly memorable, but there have been moments where people have said, "Wow, you're only 22?" or "What'd you do, skip a grade?" I know they don't mean anything by it, but it is a bit off-putting, especially since at first I wasn't really sure how to take it. I came to realize that, for the most part, they're only trying to talk about something. I'm sure people who are older have experienced the same things. 

Overall, I find that if you make/allow others to make your age A Thing, then it becomes A Thing. I don't really talk about my age, but I don't hide it either. Generally, it isn't germane to my ability as a scholar or a professional, so it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. 

I'm currently 20 during the application process. I'll turn 21 shortly before the year starts. I'm happy for that since I didn't want to be left out or in an awkward spot because of not being able to drink.

I'm 23, but spent six years working on my BA due to a late change in my major and taking lots of co-op work terms. Sometimes I kick myself when I think that I could have been graduating with my Masters right now, but I graduated with a lot of relevant work experience (huge asset for MPP applications), so I have no real regrets.

I started my first MA at 24 and finished at 26.  I had a fantastic coworker who had just turned 21 when we started together.  Most people were really impressed with her ambition and intelligence, but there were definitely some snide comments from others about 'never having gone out in the real world' and the importance of 'living life' and 'getting to know yourself' before pursuing higher education so hard.

I will be 22 by the time I start my master, but I think that the most usual thing in my country. Almost everyone does their whole education continuously, except if you fail enough courses that you have to stay one additional year. 

I am really excited about how things will be in grad school!!

I was 26, but I officially only started my bachelors at 23. I took a year off after high school, and then got my A.A. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to count that toward my BA since it wasn't recognized in the country I was studying in, and due to moving I had to take a year off before starting it. Now I'm 28 and almost done with my master's. So I did them back to back, just started a little later. I guess I'm playing collect them all at this point.

Edited by danica1

I am just finishing up my 1st semester of grad school, and I am 27. Within my cohort, I am actually the third youngest student as many are into their 30s or beyond that. However, due to the program I am in, I will have my masters and should be licensed by the time I'm 30-31. I held off on going into my masters program for about 6 months after graduating from undergrad, which I felt was helpful for me to recharge my battery before the next step of this journey.