2015 Acceptance Thread

isostheneia

Congratulations to you! Are you in England, or the Continent? It says that it was added tomorrow, February 26th (I'm on the East Coast in America).

I'm in Philadelphia. I don't know why it's doing that!

Congrats!!

Thanks!

Edited by PreciselyTerrified

Wait-listed at the University of Cincinnati. Is there anyone gonna decline his/her offer from Cincinnati? Please decline your offer as soon as you can. Thank you very much! As an international student, I'm able to apply to government support in my country if I get an offer. But the application deadline is around the corner (2/28/2015)!!!

I'm wondering how many people have *not* received rejections from CUNY yet. I figure if more than 8-10 people have not, then it's safe to say they probably have not released all their rejections yet. I, for one have not received a rejection. Neither has my friend who has applied.

I'm wondering how many people have *not* received rejections from CUNY yet. I figure if more than 8-10 people have not, then it's safe to say they probably have not released all their rejections yet. I, for one have not received a rejection. Neither has my friend who has applied.

I haven't received a rejection either. I think CUNY will release acceptances on Friday, the 27th. But still, only three rejections were posted yesterday. So I imagine they still have quite a few more to send out, either today, or during the coming week, imo.

Really expecting to hear good news from UConn today, but I'm not very confident. With presumed rejections from Harvard, MIT and Cornell, my last hope for a direct acceptance in the US is UConn. I'm far away on the waitlist for Miami, so UPenn is my only shot by now. If anyone intends to decline an offer there, please let me know!

I haven't received a rejection either. I think I've seen at least 8-10 people who haven't. So chances are the posted rejections were just the first batch...... More...will...come.....  :wacko: 

And now someone posted a rejection by Stanford. Damn, these programs keep giving us hope.

Could anyone claim one of the new Madison offers posted on the results page? Thanks very much! 

I can claim one of the Madison posts. I was super excited to get the offer!

Overoverover: I have my finger's crossed for you. Also, I am quite sure that I owe you a beer for covering my share of the taxi so that I could catch a flight I was painfully late for. I cannot imagine you getting shut out.  

I can claim one of the Madison posts. I was super excited to get the offer!

Overoverover: I have my finger's crossed for you. Also, I am quite sure that I owe you a beer for covering my share of the taxi so that I could catch a flight I was painfully late for. I cannot imagine you getting shut out.

Thanks for that, and yep I'm definitely who you think I am (or I'm lying for the offer of free beer!).

I haven't received a rejection either. I think I've seen at least 8-10 people who haven't. So chances are the posted rejections were just the first batch...... More...will...come.....  :wacko: 

And now someone posted a rejection by Stanford. Damn, these programs keep giving us hope.

Maybe most of the 8-10 people who didn't receive a rejection yet are either on the acceptance list or waitlist? It is possible. I've heard that CUNY admits around 15-20 people in its first batch of acceptances, and then waitlists several more. So who knows.

I contacted Stanford Graduate admission office yesterday and they said they will announce the results in "a few weeks".

Thanks for letting us know! That's *so* late. That would be a month later than we predicted and a month later than any of the last three years of admissions.

I contacted Stanford Graduate admission office yesterday and they said they will announce the results in "a few weeks".

Maybe the department will notify applicants before the Graduate Admissions Office will?

Maybe the department will notify applicants before the Graduate Admissions Office will?

Arghh, I wasn't thinking clearly. Yes, Hcarp's suggestion is probably right. The Grad Admissions Office is probably not familiar with when the department will release results. In fact, the office may give everyone the same, generic response: "We will release decisions in a few weeks." That's very standard. The philosophy admissions committee knows when the decisions will be released. I'll be shocked if we don't hear from the philosophy department sooner than two weeks from now. We really should have already heard. If I were forced to pick a date, I would pick tomorrow. Note that every well-known philosophy department released results by March 10 last year. That's roughly a week from this coming Monday.

Arghh, I wasn't thinking clearly. Yes, Hcarp's suggestion is probably right. The Grad Admissions Office is probably not familiar with when the department will release results. In fact, the office may give everyone the same, generic response: "We will release decisions in a few weeks." That's very standard. The philosophy admissions committee knows when the decisions will be released. I'll be shocked if we don't hear from the philosophy department sooner than two weeks from now. We really should have already heard. If I were forced to pick a date, I would pick tomorrow. Note that every well-known philosophy department released results by March 10 last year. That's roughly a week from this coming Monday.

Didn't they have the earliest deadline among ranked programs, like 12/15? But anyway, Stanford can afford to wait as long as they want since everyone really wants to go there. 

Sorry to change the subject....what do you think is going on with CUNY Ian? From a historical perspective, it's unusual for them to release rejections before acceptances and waitlists. Maybe there are more rejections in store. But then again, CUNY usually released on the last Friday in February last year, exactly as predicted. I imagine they will do the same this year.

Sorry to change the subject....what do you think is going on with CUNY Ian? From a historical perspective, it's unusual for them to release rejections before acceptances and waitlists. Maybe there are more rejections in store. But then again, CUNY usually released on the last Friday in February last year, exactly as predicted. I imagine they will do the same this year.

The CUNY situation is a mystery. CUNY typically admits people beginning around Feb 20 to Mar 1. There's a pattern of admitting people over the course of many days. I can't find precedent for the rejections coming first. This year is an odd year, though. For some reason, people aren't using Grad Cafe as much as previous years. This forum, e.g., is not as busy as the last few years. One friend of mind speculated that there's a culture change in graduate philosophy admissions, one of avoidance of Grad Cafe. Why does any of this matter? Well, I wonder whether a few people were admitted to CUNY and didn't post. CUNY does occasionally admit quite a few people weeks after the initial offers. (See, e.g., 2010.) CUNY has sent wait-lists very late. (See, e.g., 2014.) Near as I can tell, CUNY's approach is heterodox among grad programs.

I have a friend at CUNY, but it's been a year or more since I last spoke with her. Does anyone have a CUNY connection?

If you applied and have not been rejected, there's reason to be optimistic. CUNY does typically send a bunch of rejections at once. From what I can see, CUNY admits or wait-lists most of the others.

The CUNY situation is a mystery. CUNY typically admits people beginning around Feb 20 to Mar 1. There's a pattern of admitting people over the course of many days. I can't find precedent for the rejections coming first. This year is an odd year, though. For some reason, people aren't using Grad Cafe as much as previous years. This forum, e.g., is not as busy as the last few years. One friend of mind speculated that there's a culture change in graduate philosophy admissions, one of avoidance of Grad Cafe. Why does any of this matter? Well, I wonder whether a few people were admitted to CUNY and didn't post. CUNY does occasionally admit quite a few people weeks after the initial offers. (See, e.g., 2010.) CUNY has sent wait-lists very late. (See, e.g., 2014.) Near as I can tell, CUNY's approach is heterodox among grad programs.

I have a friend at CUNY, but it's been a year or more since I last spoke with her. Does anyone have a CUNY connection?

If you applied and have not been rejected, there's reason to be optimistic. CUNY does typically send a bunch of rejections at once. From what I can see, CUNY admits or wait-lists most of the others.

Thanks Ian. I wonder if some were admitted already too. Although it would be unusual not to post, since it seems most people are generally more eager, willing, and enthusiastic to post acceptances and waitlists rather than rejections. Only time will tell, I suppose.

So, I contacted a prof. of Stanford and he forwarded my email to graduate admission office