Another week of...nothing.

Journey2015

It's been over 4 weeks since a contact from one university I applied to stated that I was a good candidate for their program, and that they were just waiting on my final transcript (which coincidentally arrived the next day).

WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD ANYTHING?!?!?!

Also, another contact from a different university told me over 3 weeks ago that my application had been assigned to a professor for review.

All of these junk emails about invitations to [insert university name here] student & alumni receptions at the 2015 AAFS meeting in Florida certainly don't help >_<

Edited by dpowe003

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  :angry: -throws computer-

i feel slightly better

I'm glad we can relate. Lol. 

It's been over 4 weeks since a contact from one university I applied to stated that I was a good candidate for their program, and that they were just waiting on my final transcript (which coincidentally arrived the next day).

WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD ANYTHING?!?!?!

I'm so sorry. I know the feeling. I have no idea why you haven't heard anything. This process is so painstaking. 

...And last night at 11PM, almost a whole week later than the committee said they would have their answer, my POI emailed and told me I have been accepted with five years of full funding. I guess my message is: good things can happen even when all you want to do is throw your fist through the wall out of frustration with the waiting game. 

...And last night at 11PM, almost a whole week later than the committee said they would have their answer, my POI emailed and told me I have been accepted with five years of full funding. I guess my message is: good things can happen even when all you want to do is throw your fist through the wall out of frustration with the waiting game. 

Congratulations. I hate you.

Congratulations. I hate you.

:-) I know. I would have hated myself too before last night. I was so happy I could barely sleep. Just wanted to share to show that there is hope even in despair! I literally thought they had thrown out my application since it had gone so long after the interview. 

I emailed my POIs at Stanford and Texas A&M. They both got back to me so basically my POI at Stanford doesn't think he'll give me a spot and my POI at A&M has no funding and their department already sent out offers to top applicants. She said that she will try to contact someone else in the department that I tried contacting but I didn't hear from her yet. Also she told me that A&M doesn't send out rejections until all spots are filled so basically everyone gets waitlisted until all TA spots and all fellowships are sucked up. This is not looking like a good season so far :/. I'm guessing I also got waitlisted at VT since my advisor there has no funding and the same with my POI at UMass. UT sent out acceptances to top candidates already so I'm not expecting anything there either. If you want to find out what your situation  is maybe you guys should email your POIs ? I didn't get the news I wanted but I got something at least. 

Edited by columbia09

I have decided that the two cruelest words in the English language are "under review."

Condensing it down to the most hated word ever for grad applicants:

Pending.

Yeah I've been checking and working with my email tabs open, refreshing and hoping that something will come. My top choice (Penn State, for you HistoryGypsy, I am SO jealous) still hasn't contacted me and I've heard that they do interviews in mid-March. 

I'm contemplating e-mailing them. 

That forces me out of the "nothing," right?????

three of my four schools have begun accepting people, according to the results search, and two of those I really thought I could be a top contender for. 

'under review.' 'under review.' 'under review.' 'under review.' blah. 

Props for having an avatar showing off my other favorite show :D.

And I feel ya. I think it's best to stay clear of the history forums right now IMO. They don't know anything for sure, and until we get firm answers back I hesitate to speculate. Best of luck to ya; bow ties are cool ;)

Edited by HistoryMystery

Question: If there are acceptances and wait lists up on the board, does that mean I've been rejected? The department informed me that a decision has not been made for me yet but with wait lists already out, why wouldn't I have just been one of them?

I'm in the same boat as you. For my mental health I'm trying to imagine them as rejections, but you can never be sure until you're actually notified.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH