Another week of...nothing.

Journey2015

To be fair, the graduate director did say their plan is to send out decisions before their spring break. But that's scheduled to begin March 16. I thought to myself, 'surely it won't take that long to hear.'

I was wrong.

Today makes 30 days since my INTERVIEW at my top choice. 

I think I've developed an ulcer. 

I'm over a month out from my interview at my top choice. They were super vague about when they were going to let us know. I thought everything went well but now I am starting to question EVERYTHING!

I haven't developed an ulcer, but I don't think I have had this many zits since puberty. Stress zits. 

AND ANOTHER THING -

I reached out to UGA last week via email to inquire on status. I received a very thoughtful response from the graduate director that was I not being offered an email. For shits and giggles I log into the portal every day (part of my daily routine) to see if the status has changed and it has not; it still reads "decision is pending." I would have still had my hopes up for a positive outcome. 

I'm gonna need a vacation to recoup from application season. 

Emailed Grad Department to ask about timeline they were very nice in stating no decisions have been made. 

Well that takes some stress off that I was rejected 

Just keep waiting and knowing that good things will come

Haven't really gotten any answers about timeline or if they update their portal to say under review or anything. Finally gave up and lett a message asking what month of applications they are reviewing so I have an idea since im in the process of moving homes and don't want to miss any notices. I think I'm losing it.

Going by the estimate they gave on the website I should have gotten a response by the end of last week, and now it's Wednesday already... :unsure: It's a rolling admissions program so I'm trying to keep myself sane thinking it's just a delay in the general process and not a problem with my application. It feels bad not being able to talk about or make concrete plans over the past few months.

And the wait for the best news of my life continues,

Fear not my friends Jack, Johnnie, Jim and Jose are all going to keep me company this weekend

Lmao That's the spirit!! I too am still waiting around so I feel your pain.

I sent an email to ask my POI when I would know about acceptance/rejection as it had been so long post interview. I got back a very nice email that pretty much just said- "sorry forgot to tell you you were rejected." Oh well. It stung but it feels better to know. Now I can actually consider making a decision on other offers. 

I sent an email to ask my POI when I would know about acceptance/rejection as it had been so long post interview. I got back a very nice email that pretty much just said- "sorry forgot to tell you you were rejected." Oh well. It stung but it feels better to know. Now I can actually consider making a decision on other offers.

Ouch. Sorry.

I'm still waiting post interview, too (Feb. 3). My blood pressure just shot up...

Ouch. Sorry.

I'm still waiting post interview, too (Feb. 3). My blood pressure just shot up...

The interview at that school was on Jan 28, so not too long before yours. But different schools do have very different timelines, so try not to freak out. 

Try not to freak out??? Riiiiiiight :-)

Bahaha! Yeah... I guess that is easier said than done. And I'm one to talk, I have been a total mess the last 2ish months! 

Lately, I feel like a bit like a dejected Disney heroine abandoned in a forest or locked up in the tower waiting for her decision to come: "Someday, my decision will come, Some day I'll find my reply And how thrilling that moment will be When the POI of my dreams comes to me He'll email, "We want you, And here's 20k, too." Though he's far away, I'll find my POI some day Some day when my decision comes through."

So, I couldn't take it any longer and reached out to the program I've been waiting from. The DGS told me that the full faculty is meeting on Wednesday to make admission decisions and they hope to send out first round of offers on Friday. I guess I can "relax" until Friday now. 

I was trying to decide earlier today whether I was gonna give in to the waiting-game fever, I mean come on, the notifications will come when they come, it's out of my control, no need to get stressed at this point...

but it looks like my brain made the decision for me, and I'm now solely focused on this. I can't focus on anything else. I feel like I'm walking around in a daze.

I think it's just that there isn't anything in my life that is even close to grad school in importance right now.

But am I really gonna let an entire week (potentially) of my life go to waste cuz of this???!

Yes, yes I am.

Finally got an.... interview notification from my second choice. So it'll really be coming down to early April before I know there. No word from my first choice even though it's a week and a day past the notification timeframe on their site. GROAN.

Finally got an.... interview notification from my second choice. So it'll really be coming down to early April before I know there. No word from my first choice even though it's a week and a day past the notification timeframe on their site. GROAN.

Great job getting an interview! That is one step closer

Does anyone have advice / a sample on what to say when inquiring about status? I've received 3 admits but would like to know from 2 on my list before I make any decisions.

So I don't want to ask purely for my status but maybe for a timeline on when I might know my status? Also should I mention my admits and that my decision is depending on their decisions?

Does anyone have advice / a sample on what to say when inquiring about status? I've received 3 admits but would like to know from 2 on my list before I make any decisions.

So I don't want to ask purely for my status but maybe for a timeline on when I might know my status? Also should I mention my admits and that my decision is depending on their decisions?

NO WAY

in a sample email, your first paragraph should  state how much you enjoyed the interview and how you were excited by it and you learned a lot about their research bla bla bla.

In the second paragraph you should state that you havent heard back from them and that you're naturally nervous about the whole process...............You'd like to have an idea of your admission status..

Make this sympathetic enough and you'd get a response from the meanest individuals.

After I inquired last week where they were at and given a very generic answer someone here got an acceptance a few hours later. Considering we applied around the same time and I haven't heard anything yet, I'm naturally freaking out thinking I've screwed my chances just by asking for clarification. Ugh. Or they will make me wait until May 1 either way just because. :(

• 1 month later...

Is anyone still waiting like me? I inquired about my status in early March and was initially told notifications would be out "late March, early April at the latest." Now it's May and I'm still waiting. I contacted the department yesterday and they said that decisions for my program via distance learning wouldn't come out until mid-May at the earliest. I've seen people posting that they've been accepted to the program, but I'm not sure if they're doing the degree full-time or part-time via DL. Am I being waitlisted or rejected or have they really not gotten to those applications yet?! How is that even possible on a rolling admissions deadline?

GAHHHHHHH! Waiting is killing me and now I'm anxious since I have to respond to admits very soon. :blink:  :(