Texas schools applicants...

slplivin- I went to TCU undergrad. so I know some things about the program to an extent. any specific questions that i might be able to answer?

the program is small and the 14/6 monolingual/bilingual sounds about right. I'm pretty sure that their waitlist is ranked so if someone declines offer, they take people off the waitlist by order. 

mgm1123- Thanks for offering to help! How do you like TCU? Would you happen to know if there are opportunities to have externships in a hospital setting?

I graduated in 2012 from tcu for undergrad in speech-path, and I wish i was still there everyday! I loved it.

Yes i believe some girls had an externship in Dallas at the Children's Medical Center. There are several hospitals in fort worth as well as in Dallas so there are a lot of hospital settings just in the area. Right now, I actually live right around the corner from UTD's campus and there are at least 3 hospitals in this area alone, so I am sure that UTD has close ties with the hospitals around its campus for externships as well. 

slplivin- I don't know much about it, I honestly wrote the program off as a rejection back in November but now wish I had gone and toured! I know a few of my friends have visited UTD, and really liked the way their program was set up as you get to choose a lot of elective classes and decide what you study. My friend who visited over spring break said they made it seem like you could specialize in a certain area by the time you graduated!

I am seeing people posting from Lamar and I haven't heard anything. Did those who got accepted have an interview? Did anyone not hear about an interview or anything at all?

Anyone else heard from TWU. I have yet to receive anything. I would of thought I would get a rejection or wait list email by now.

I heard from TWU on the 13th.

Has anyone heard from the University of Houston or Texas A&M Kingsville yet?? :)

Apparently Houston sent out acceptances via mail last Friday. I have not received anything. If you go the results search, there is one person who did receive an acceptance but they live within 5 miles of the university. Good luck!

I'm still waiting to hear back from ACU too!!

laurakt

-Do you know if ACU gives interviews to all of their accepted applicants? If we didn't receive one, should we be expecting a rejection letter?

Heard from ACU??

I am seeing people posting from Lamar and I haven't heard anything. Did those who got accepted have an interview? Did anyone not hear about an interview or anything at all?

Hello,

I was e-mailed regarding an interview the last week of February, but the e-mail also said that I had been selected for the first round, which I guess means a second round is possible. I received my letter of acceptance last week. I don't know of anyone that has gotten waitlisted at Lamar, but from my understanding, whoever gets an interview will either get accepted or waitlisted. Hope this helps and good luck!

Anyone else not heard from UNT or UT Dallas yet? I've heard they both have sent out a lot of acceptances, but I haven't heard anything yet :/

Anyone else not heard from UNT or UT Dallas yet? I've heard they both have sent out a lot of acceptances, but I haven't heard anything yet :/

A few people on the UTD thread have not heard from that school.

I'm waiting on those two and ACU as well. Haven't heard anything

Hello,

I was e-mailed regarding an interview the last week of February, but the e-mail also said that I had been selected for the first round, which I guess means a second round is possible. I received my letter of acceptance last week. I don't know of anyone that has gotten waitlisted at Lamar, but from my understanding, whoever gets an interview will either get accepted or waitlisted. Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you so much for letting me know. It sounds like they will probably have a second round, because if I didn't make the first round I assume I would have gotten an email saying I will not be having an interview. Also to others wondering, I have also not heard from UTD or UNT. I know UNT sent out a first round last year and then kept reviewing applicants. No news is not bad news!

Edited by ltr29

I am still waiting to hear from both UTD and UNT......