Be honest... How many times have you checked your email today?

I work at a desk. My email and gradcafe are constantly open. I check the email tab maybe once every three minutes. I also have a Page Monitor plug-in for Chrome, which scans the results search for my still-pending application keywords about once every ten minutes. 

I also usually check my remaining application portals once a day, on the off chance a decision has been posted without my having been alerted. 

In the evenings, though, I've taken to cooking to distract myself. Tonight I'm going to try to make a pork belly quesadilla. 

Ditto to the cooking thing! Hard to check your email when your hands are covered in food :D It's a great distraction. 

I work at a desk as well, and it's pure torture----- email and gradcafe are always up. Why do we do this to ourselves? 

I'm 6 hours ahead of east coast time (in central africa) and I've been checking my email since I woke up. Of course, I have to wait 6 and 9 hours (west coast) for people on ad coms to wake up. Repeatedly checking is giving me and my phone the blues.

The built in email app on my phone stopped working......now obviously this is not terrible, like I just open chrome and get to my email manually, but my phone will no longer send me instant push notifications when I get new mail. Normally I would not freak out about this--it has happened before, it will fix itself in a few days. It is a minor, minor inconvenience at most. But right now, while I am waiting to hear from schools? It feels like someone killed my puppy. In front of me. With a wood-chipper.

I'm an email junkie because I have push notifications on my phone! So I don't "check" per say, but every time I see the little email icon, I get all excited. For no reason.

Just to follow up what I said last night... lol, ironically today in class I got a push email for an interview on my phone! (during an assignment where my professor asked us to use phones/tablets to look something up) I was very pleased and then pretty distracted in class!

Just to follow up what I said last night... lol, ironically today in class I got a push email for an interview on my phone! (during an assignment where my professor asked us to use phones/tablets to look something up) I was very pleased and then pretty distracted in class!

Nice! That is a wonderful distraction to have! 

Today I checked my email and I had one email titled "Admissions" I was so excited that I nearly threw my phone across the room... only to find out that it was from a local community college informing me that they are currently enrolling for spring semester. Thankfully they send a follow up email 4 hours later with the same title. Needless to say, the experience was soul crushing. Still waiting to get a real admissions email from one of my three prospective schools  :mellow:

Nice! That is a wonderful distraction to have! 

Today I checked my email and I had one email titled "Admissions" I was so excited that I nearly threw my phone across the room... only to find out that it was from a local community college informing me that they are currently enrolling for spring semester. Thankfully they send a follow up email 4 hours later with the same title. Needless to say, the experience was soul crushing. Still waiting to get a real admissions email from one of my three prospective schools  :mellow:

It'll come when you least expect it!

I've lost the track of how many times I checked my email today... Maybe 20? 50??
Even though I know that a decison probably won't come before March, I can't help checking my email and the application page every minute.

I know with near certainty that I won't hear anything until March 1st at the absolute earliest, so I've managed to check the application portal only once or twice a day.  Once March 1 rolls around, I'm sure I'll be in there hourly.   <_<

At least 15 from my phone, plus the constant refreshing on my iPad when I'm in class or working.  I've managed to only check results pages once a day, sometimes less (cut it down from never closing the browser window).  It's unhealthy - I can't wait for the end of March.

I checked my email a lot before the waiting game began, but now it has become an obsession. Even knowing that I am unlikely to word until the beginning of March, I have probably checked my email 200 times a day since the beginning of the month.

Oh you know, the standard 15-20 times per day. That is, aside from checking my phone incessantly for missed calls from a department and for new emails. Let's not forget the application portals that I know that virtually none of the schools I've applied to will even use for notifying applicants. 

So much I should be deemed insane (if the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results).

In the last hour I was at work, I told myself I wouldn't check my email til I got off. All I can say is, epic fail.

I'm on my work laptop pretty much every hour that I'm not asleep. So I have my Gmail open as a tab constantly. Even though I know it will dynamically refresh and show a (1), I still pop over to that tab and refresh it just in case an email comes through that exact second. I can't wait until April 15th. 

Swear....each hour as a rule and by watch I refresh my email accounts...getting goosebumps 24*7.....no decision still from any of the applied schools so more anxious when I read about acceptances from various schools already....Really happy for all those who have been accepted