MPH CANADA FALL 2015 APPLICANTS

mphcan2015

@MPHMe  I would say Waterloo has had the MPH program for a long time in various forms. A few years ago full-time was all in class and part-time was just through distance. In terms of being maybe less respected, I can say its all what you make of it. I've had fellow classmates go through the Waterloo program and one works with WHO and the other at CPHA. Networking is a big thing but I wouldn't think the school limits this.

U of T MPH OEHers: has anyone heard from SGS yet? Program director sent an email Mar 25 stating recommendation and forwarding to DLSPH Graduate Office and SGS. I replied confirming my intent to accept the offer but haven't heard anything since. SGS status is still "Under Review".

@MPH85, Thank you for the info! It is really encouraging to hear that your friends enjoyed the program and were successful in finding great jobs after! I know Waterloo itself is a very well respected school, I guess I'm just getting used to the idea of online courses! They seem to have high standards regardless, which is encouraging. I am a fan of the seemingly innovative nature of the school.

So...today I went ahead and accepted my offer from Waterloo

U of T MPH OEHers: has anyone heard from SGS yet? Program director sent an email Mar 25 stating recommendation and forwarding to DLSPH Graduate Office and SGS. I replied confirming my intent to accept the offer but haven't heard anything since. SGS status is still "Under Review".

In the same boat. During my interview they mentioned that they let us know early because SGS takes a long time to send out the official offers. I guess we are just going to have to be patient and wait for it. 

Has anyone heard anything new from Queen's MPH? I know the first round of acceptances had to respond by March 31st, I was wondering if they ended up sending out more acceptances since this date ? 

Has anyone heard anything new from Queen's MPH? I know the first round of acceptances had to respond by March 31st, I was wondering if they ended up sending out more acceptances since this date ? 

Nope, I applied to Queen's as well but have yet to hear anything back. However, I got into U of T's MPH so I'm not too worried at this point. I still check my Queen's portal though, but as of today nothing new.

I haven't hear anything from Queens MPH yet either. Has anyone heard yet from U of T Health Promotion? Also, for those who were accepted at SFU, when is the deadline for you to accept/reject?

Hey guys!

I was just accepted into UofA's Environmental and Occupational Health program! I'm a bit torn between UofA and SFU but I'll probably go with UofA. Did anyone else here get into that program?

I haven't hear anything from Queens MPH yet either. Has anyone heard yet from U of T Health Promotion? Also, for those who were accepted at SFU, when is the deadline for you to accept/reject?

The deadline for SFU seems to be 14 days since the emailed letter was sent. For me it's the 10th.

Got accepted at Lakehead.....waiting to hear from UofT. I applied for MPH at lakehead and MHA at UOT, can i take both programs. Any one out there taking two grad programs?

any news on when UOT will be making decisions around acceptance?

In the same boat. During my interview they mentioned that they let us know early because SGS takes a long time to send out the official offers. I guess we are just going to have to be patient and wait for it. 

Thanks for the reply. Would've preferred an official offer but I guess the unofficial offer will have to suffice for now  :mellow:

@pineapple15 and @out.to.sea

That's awesome!! I look forward to meeting you guys in the fall :)

Unfortunately I don't know too much about housing on or around campus because I'm from Edmonton originally and live at home. However, from what I've heard from my friends who live on campus, most graduate students or students in professional programs rent rooms/basements in the University area. So I would definitely consider looking on Kijiji for anyone that is renting places in the University, Belgravia or Mckernan areas. They are close by to the LRT (train) station and only one stop away from ECHA and the other Health Sciences buildings. There's also lots of apartments around campus that prefer graduate students so I would consider looking at places like Newton Place or College Plaza, however I don't know how much they go in terms of cost. Sorry guys, I wish I could be of more help in terms of housing! But if you guys have more questions about Edmonton/campus feel free to PM me :)

Hey guys!

I was just accepted into UofA's Environmental and Occupational Health program! I'm a bit torn between UofA and SFU but I'll probably go with UofA. Did anyone else here get into that program?

I got an offer as well. However, I also have an unofficial offer from UofT and will be taking UofT's offer once it is official. Congratulations to you :)

@sh722709

The offer was via email and I think the deadline to accept was the 14th. Goodluck to you :)

Edited by envy22

@MPHMe glad to help. I too have accepted Waterloo. A little nervous as its been while since I went to school but looking forward to meeting you and everyone else :) 

Anyone heard from MUN newfoundland? My application status have changed to decision made, i'm very anxious to know what decisions they have sent out..

Anyone heard from MUN newfoundland? My application status have changed to decision made, i'm very anxious to know what decisions they have sent out.....anyone in my shoe?

My application status also changed to Decision made, I hope it turns out well for us. Have you heard from univ of sasketchewan?

My application status also changed to Decision made, I hope it turns out well for us. Have you heard from univ of sasketchewan?

@ ivida i'm glad to hear that am not alone, hopefully the admission letter will meet us well. I haven't heard anything from Usask, I've actually put them aside.

I'm a first time poster, but long time reader of this forum!

Does anyone who has applied/been accepted to Lakehead U intend to live in Thunder Bay?

It's an online programe  (so I have been told) , so I think many people don't :)