MPH CANADA FALL 2015 APPLICANTS

mphcan2015

Hello all!

For all those thinking of or have already accepted queens or SFU, did you receive anything in the mail? And how do you go about accepting queens did you email Gerri or accept online?

Thank you and congratulations to those recently accepted!

Hey! You will not receive anything in the mail if you've been accepted to Queen's. Email Gerri to accept the offer :)

Just finding this forum now!

I've applied to Ubc, Toronto, Alberta, and Simon Fraser.

I've already been accepted to Ubc (OEH) and Simon Fraser (Environmental and occupational), just wondering if anyone who also applied to Toronto's OEH program got a weird email asking them if they were interested in the research or professional option?? I clearly stated what I wanted in my letter of intent and didn't get an interview request! But I plan on going to UBC or maybe Alberta if I ever hear back!

Hi NAMPH-er! I actually applied to all those programs except UW (I go there now so don't really feel like sticking around ^_^). Haven't heard back yet either.

Do you have any information about the UoGuelph program other than what's mentioned on their website? I can't find any other sources of information or reviews about that program, but I applied either way! 

Best of Luck! 

Hey PiAngelos, 

Sorry for the late reply. I have been busy with work and school. But I tried to search for more information on the Guelph MPH but I couldn't find anymore than what was provided on the OVC website on the general MPH program and some of the courses. Currently, I haven't heard back from any of the programs. But I called Guelph and was informed that they would release decisions within the next two weeks since the Admissions Committee has made all the decisions. Also I see that you applied to the OISE Higher Education Masters, I am currently taking a few statistics courses in their Applied Psychology & Human Development Department and I really wish I had applied here for my Masters since the learning environment is one of the best. Hope you hear back soon!! 

@sh722709 I applied to U of T's OEH program and had my interview earlier this month. I did not receive an e-mail asking whether I applied for the research or professional option. However, I stated this in my letter of intent (as you have) and confirmed this during my interview. 

I'm so happy to have found this forum! It helps to know others are in the same boat. I Just got an email from McGill that I've been put on the waiting list... Nothing from Guelph, Waterloo or Queens yet :s

Hi all!

Congrats to everyone who has received acceptances so far :)

I was wondering if anyone has been in contact with UWaterloo admin? It seems like they have already sent out two rounds of rejections so let's hope that acceptances are coming out soon!

Hi!

I actually did hear from Waterloo about two weeks ago offering me admission into the program, so they have started sending out acceptances. Hopefully you will hear good news from them soon! :)

Hi!

I actually did hear from Waterloo about two weeks ago offering me admission into the program, so they have started sending out acceptances. Hopefully you will hear good news from them soon! :)

That's great, congratulations! :) Fingers crossed that more will be sent out soon! Will you be attending UW?

I had applied to SFU Population Health Concentration. I haven't heard from SFU yet...No yeah or Nah...

I saw some people here in this forum being contacted by SFU but most Global Health....

Anyone accepted for the Population Health Program? 

Just finished my interview for U of A Global Health. 

Wow, so glad it's over. He asked pretty general questions like what job do you hope to have in the future, tell me about your past experiences, etc. 

But then there were some tough ones. "The skills you just mentioned that you hope to gain from our program you could gain from several other programs, in the US and other parts of Canada, why specifically ours?"  and then he asked, "So why specifically public health, and not an MBA or a management degree?" I answered but he kept pushing for more specific answers. 

So yes, be prepared to answer exactly why that field and exactly why that university and exactly why that program if anyone else is doing the interview this week. I know there is at least one other person on this forum. 

Also, I found speaking on the phone to be a bit awkward because I couldn't see his face, or his reactions, so yeah, but I guess that is to be expected. 

I was accepted to U of T's MPH - Occupational and Environmental Health program this morning! I will be accepting my offer as it is my first choice :) good luck to those of you who are still waiting, hang in there.

Congrats!!! Did they email you or call you by the way? And did your status for the graduate studies change?

Received an offer to UofT's OEH this morning too!! Goodluck to all those who are waiting to hear back, there is quite a bit of time left to get good news :)

That's amazing!! I guess it seems like the offers for this program are all being given out today? Or is it a rolling basis?

Received an offer to UofT's OEH this morning too!! Goodluck to all those who are waiting to hear back, there is quite a bit of time left to get good news :)

Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking, did you choose the professional or research option?

That's amazing!! I guess it seems like the offers for this program are all being given out today? Or is it a rolling basis?

Yea it seems as though they are and as for admissions on a rolling basis, I am actually not sure.

I had applied to SFU Population Health Concentration. I haven't heard from SFU yet...No yeah or Nah...

I saw some people here in this forum being contacted by SFU but most Global Health....

Anyone accepted for the Population Health Program? 

Hello Kobr, 

I applied to population health and received acceptance,  however in the email which I received last week said my official letter would come in the mail in 4 weeks with deadline information. So that leaves a large window of time for people to accept other offers and reject so be mindful that you might wait about 4 weeks for second round of acceptances. 

Best of luck!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I was offered admission into McGill University today! I will be accepting the offer and if any other schools (McMaster, Guelph and UofT) offer me anything i'll decline it.

Good luck to all and stay strong while you wait :)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I was offered admission into McGill University today! I will be accepting the offer and if any other schools (McMaster, Guelph and UofT) offer me anything i'll decline it.

Good luck to all and stay strong while you wait :)

Congrats!!  :D Saw a post on the admission results list which I am assuming is yours. Best of luck!

Incase anyone else is waiting on Toronto's OEH program, I just got a call for an interview next week!

That is great!! goodluck to you :) hopefully we will be future classmates as well