Accepted to Hunter 2015?

TEM33056

Deadline is April 15th (it says on the official letter "three weeks from date on this letter", which is March 24th. But then on the deposit slip says April 15)

Edited by chiboi2015

Are you international?

Yes I am. Guess that's why :lol:  Did everyone else receive the e-mail from them about the page they have set up of us on their website and asking us to sign up for their weekly newsletter too?

Edited by Madhini

Madhini - I got that email today. My letter came today, as well. I'm on the west side of the states so that's probably why it took a bit longer.

I accepted Hunter's offer of admission tonight, so I'll be seeing everyone else next semester or in the spring!

Madhini, were you accepted for the Spring or Fall semester? It should say on the acceptance letter on the application page.

Yes I am. Guess that's why :lol:  Did everyone else receive the e-mail from them about the page they have set up of us on their website and asking us to sign up for their weekly newsletter too?

That's kind of weird. I didn't get that email. Just one more thing to freak out about.

You are welcome TEM33056. Can anyone who received the acceptance by snail mail pls tell me what is the deadline mentioned for the payment of the commitment deposit?

Deadline is April 15th (it says on the official letter "three weeks from date on this letter", which is March 24th. But then on the deposit slip says April 15)

April 15th!

Hey just triple checking that it is the 15th and not 3 weeks after acceptance of the letter which is also what it says (because that would be earlier for me). Will call today to be sure.

Hey just triple checking that it is the 15th and not 3 weeks after acceptance of the letter which is also what it says (because that would be earlier for me). Will call today to be sure.

I think it said 3 weeks from the date on the letter, which for me is March 24th and makes 3 weeks later the 14th. but on the second page is says "The deadline for submission of this commitment deposit is April 15, 2015" 

this is a standard deadline for most schools

I got accepted to Hunter for Fall. I went out for the interview and it was my first time in NYC and I fell in love. The program seems to be really theory-heavy, I liked the work I saw at open studios (there seemed to be a strong queer presence), and the faculty seems great. I'm 90% sure I'll be accepting the offer. I figure there won't be funding for me, and even though the program is still expensive, I'm still worried about how I'm going to afford it. I don't have that much to pay back in loans from undergrad, but it's still a pretty notable amount. Is anyone else in a similar predicament?

You can apply for loan forgiveness. It covers about 26k. Though the living arrangements is all you. Undergraduates are prioritize for dorms as are international students. And you might want to avoid looking for a place in the City because you will be broke by semesters end if you dont have money. So you either start looking now around Harlem and hope you can find something good. Also look in Brooklyn and the Bronx. The Bronx is closer and cheaper then Brooklyn. Not as glamorous but more spacious and less claustrophobic.

Anyone know where we should send our transcripts for a Hunter? And anyone also got accepted to Spring and know when and how we should pay for the $250 deposit?

I am also international if anyone know what I should do about my visa. Thanks so much!!

Wzhao sounds like you made your decision, you may just need to give yourself permission to follow through. But it's a big decision so you should think it over as much as you need to.

Yes!! TEM 33056 I have finally decided. Hunter here I come:) my name is Wai Ying, and i am so excited to meet you guys at the school next spring!

Anyone know where we should send our transcripts for a Hunter? And anyone also got accepted to Spring and know when and how we should pay for the $250 deposit?

I am also international if anyone know what I should do about my visa. Thanks so much!!

Sounds like you need to get into with the school and talk to admissions. Has the school sent you an email telling you how to proceed after acceptance? And since you are an international student, you get priority for dorms. Ask about the application and do that right after you submit the deposit. The commitment deposit form is at the bottom of your acceptance letter. Go to for instructions http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/onestop/finances/billing/pay-my-commitment-deposit

If you are going to Silberman, the address where you should send the deposit is the same for the transcripts. For the visa go to for instructions http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/studentservices/is/newly-admitted-students

Edited by melma

Accepted for Spring 2016! Probably going but still waiting on word from a couple schools.

On my acceptance letter (email) it says I will receive the official one via snail mail in September. So I believe this means that Spring people have a bit more time to accept the offer

Has anyone successfully created their CUNY first account yet? It asks for the last four digits of Social Security Number (marked with an asterisk, therefore has to be compulsorily  filled in )which internationals like myself don't have... 

Madhini

I just created my CUNY first account.  Here is some information posted inside that may help.

Students: If you experience any problems with claiming or accessing your CUNYfirst accounts or with using specific pages and menu items, please contact the Student Help Desk at 212-650-3624 or studenthelpdesk@hunter.cuny.edu.