Fulbright 2016 - 2017

MastersHoping

12 hours ago, Photogeographic said:

if its like last year we will all find out at the same time for the recommended round.

As for interviews I can't say. Although I am assuming its only specific countries still and not all.  

Thanks so much for clarifying! That's what I assumed, but I wasn't positive.

Sending good vibes to everyone tonight leading into tomorrow.

21 hours ago, AxelleRose said:

Just recieved an email from my adviser that we should be hearing back officially on Friday about semi-finalist/finalist decisions. Ah!!!:o

Last year we were notified on Friday the 16th.. At 12:06 central time.. But who's keeping track? :) 

On 1/12/2016 at 2:12 PM, AxelleRose said:

Just recieved an email from my adviser that we should be hearing back officially on Friday about semi-finalist/finalist decisions. Ah!!!:o

Yay! I just received the same email from my adviser!

I got the impression last year that Fulbright advisers were not permitted by to give information on notifications.  So I wonder if the Fulbright program is trying to be more transparent in the selection process? 

Anyway, I am very excited that we will be finding out tomorrow.  Best of luck to everyone!

22 hours ago, hkcool said:

I thought only certain countries interviewed applicants that were recommended by IIE. Is this changing this year?

You are right that only certain countries do interviews, usually the countries with strict language requirements.  But I know from a conversation with my adviser last year that more and more countries are choosing to incorporate interviews into their selection process each year.  I think he said that last year there were 3 countries that conducted interviews for the first time.

1 hour ago, deeceecee88 said:

Opens gmail.. Hits refresh...... Hits refresh...... Pounds head on desk.. Hits refresh.....

I have my email account open in another tab, and when I glanced at the tab it had a (1) next to it, and I immediately freaked out.

It was an email from my school hitting me up for donations. Definitely not the right time. 

Am I crazy, or is it 12:45pm central time now with no response?

I have been lurking on the MFA art forums so I have not followed/participated in this thread, but I applied for a Partner Award in the UK in conjunction with University College London. I am prepared for an outright rejection because I am sure that's a widely applied-to award, but you can't win if you don't play! I wonder if the response timeline will be the same...anyways, best wishes to you all!

I too have been lurking! Just wanted to share what a friend of mine (a successful 2014-15 Fulbright recipient) told me in regards to initial notifications.

"And no matter what the outcome, you have already learned so much about yourself, your passions, and your goals just by surviving the bloody application process!"

Wishing everyone the best! Cheers and good luck!

3 minutes ago, budSimpson said:

I too have been lurking! Just wanted to share what a friend of mine (a successful 2014-15 Fulbright recipient) told me in regards to initial notifications.

"And no matter what the outcome, you have already learned so much about yourself, your passions, and your goals just by surviving the bloody application process!"

I've been lurking too and am back to share the anticipation of waiting to hear back. Not my post productive Friday at work, that's for sure. 

6 minutes ago, budSimpson said:

2 minutes ago, Ally K said:

I've been lurking too and am back to share the anticipation of waiting to hear back. Not my post productive Friday at work, that's for sure. 

Lurkers unite! 

4 minutes ago, cc2016sr2017 said:

What are people thinking for the notification? I'm surprised we haven't heard by now, but I'm probably being impatient.

For 2013-2014 we were notified at 3:47pm. I imagine it's tempting for them to wait till the last second of the work day to hit the send button and then get out as fast as possible. 

Edited by hollyberryz

4 minutes ago, hollyberryz said:

For 2013-2014 we were notified at 4:27pm. I imagine it's tempting for them to wait till the last second of the work day to hit the send button and then get out as fast as possible. 

Oh man that would drive me crazy hahaha, I already told myself if it's not sent out by 3 I'm giving up for today, but now I'm going to have to hold out longer.

Hmm, so apparently my school's adviser mentioned (a few weeks ago) that we'll hear about finalist selection in late January. That may have been old news though, as people here have reported otherwise. 

Either way, I hope decisions come out soon and that we all get recommended!