Fall 2016 Applicants

missmend

35 minutes ago, knp said:

I believe Penn is aiming for sometime next week—these things do change, but during the last week of January I heard that it would be "about three weeks."

Thanks! History shows they should be sending notifications out on 2/20.

1 minute ago, tipmar said:

OMG! Looks like I got into Brown. Kind of wondering if this is a mistake...I'm that shocked. Got a message to check website and there was an official acceptance letter there. But I heard nothing from the department at all. Is this style of notification common? 

Congrats! No clue of its common...but don't doubt it! Run with it! :D

4 minutes ago, tipmar said:

OMG! Looks like I got into Brown. Kind of wondering if this is a mistake...I'm that shocked. Got a message to check website and there was an official acceptance letter there. But I heard nothing from the department at all. Is this style of notification common? 

It happens. Congrats. They'll be in contact soon, go celebrate.

Edited by insidethesun

5 minutes ago, tipmar said:

Congratulations!!! :) 

9 minutes ago, tipmar said:

That is exactly how Brown lets us know about admissions, congrats! Welcome aboard the Providence train :) .

Just now, emiliajulia said:

I literally opened my Brown letter, read the word "congratulations," burst into tears, and called my mom.

It was my first choice school and I am absolutely over the moon. :lol:

Congratulations! Thats fantastic!

3 minutes ago, emiliajulia said:

I literally opened my Brown letter, read the word "congratulations," burst into tears, and called my mom.

Congratulations!! That is such awesome news! :)

6 minutes ago, emiliajulia said:

Congrats!!!

Did you get any word on when the open day is going to be? 

10 minutes ago, emiliajulia said:

Welcome to the party :-)

Congratulations to all the Chicago and Stanford admits!  But hearing that the Chicago and Stanford people have already found out kind of sucks.  Not really prepared for the wave of rejections that are going to happen shortly.  I'm hoping that at least these schools give out rejections concurrently and not weeks after.  Anyone know if thats the case or we will just be stuck waiting?

Also congratz torideutch!

Edited by bettafish

27 minutes ago, torideutch said:

Just found this forum and thought I would share: accepted to Temple and RISD in the past few days!

Still waiting to hear back from: UF, UC Denver, UW, UO Eugene, Pratt, & Parsons. Anyone else??

Congratulations! :) 

I am waiting to hear from the PhD planning programs at Michigan, Harvard GSD and MIT DUP (CDD).

Congrats to all the Brown and Chicago admits!!

I just found out I was waitlisted at Stanford. Not sure how to feel about this. The cohort is so small so likeliness of getting off the waitlist seems slim. I got a nice email from the chair as well. Should I respond and ask how long the waitlist is or is that not appropriate right now? 

Edited by alain