Social Psychology

shai

Just thought I'd say to those waiting to hear from Texas, there is a recruitment weekend Feb 19. I applied for the personality and social psyc program, but I'm on the personality side, so that doesn't mean they've done the social psyc applicants yet.

Hi guys,

New to this forum. Has anyone heard from UF, USF, BC, or Northwestern PhD. programs??

I'm near the point of going crazy from the anxiety. Ugh! I don't think I've ever wanted anything this bad, yet... It's the first week in February and I haven't heard from any of the 11 schools I've applied to!

Come on, something has got to give.

Edited by Anxiously.waiting

Just so you know, I've emailed Swann before applications and he told me he wasn't taking anyone this year. Don't know if he has changed his mind though.

Hmm. I e-mailed him in August and he said he was. Maybe he changed his mind afterward?

ame='Anxiously.waiting' date='04 February 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1265344576' post='104850']

wow Kaiser seems to be pretty popular. i initially had both Kaiser and Cheryan in mind but Cheryan isn't taking any students...

That was exactly my preference. Cheryan told me she was passing on students this year and suggested Kaiser. A friend of mine applied to UW-Seattle last year and she said she didn't get her acceptance letter till really late, like the second or third week in March.

Edited by Anxiously.waiting

That was exactly my preference. Cheryan told me she was passing on students this year and suggested Kaiser. A friend of mine applied to UW-Seattle last year and she said she didn't get her acceptance letter till really late, like the second or third week in March.

that is REALLY late. i wonder if they interview applicants before they make the offer? anyways, at this point i dont mind waiting till early march since i have an interview at the end of Feb so i wont be making any decisions at least until march

so seems like you are applying for similar research areas as I am. do you mind telling where else you applied?

Just thought I'd say to those waiting to hear from Texas, there is a recruitment weekend Feb 19. I applied for the personality and social psyc program, but I'm on the personality side, so that doesn't mean they've done the social psyc applicants yet.

That is a little scary to hear, but I keep calling them and they keep telling me that there is no official word yet.

Officially rejected from UCLA this morning

But just got an email saying I have been accepted to New Mexico State University

Congrats on NMSU!!!

Too bad about UCLA, but it doesn't seem that you are alone judging by the results page.

Congrats on NMSU!!!

Too bad about UCLA, but it doesn't seem that you are alone judging by the results page.

Thank you so much. It's a relief to get an offer but I hope to get others.

UCLA was no surprise since they had their interview weekend for social a week or so ago lol

patience is wearing thin.. only hear back from one school so far, and was wait-listed :angry:

I definitely know how you feel... I get on my email in the morning hoping for something... The other day I was in class and my mom called me. I didn't know it was her and my heart began racing.. I am just ready to know that I will be somewhere. ANYWHERE...

I definitely know how you feel... I get on my email in the morning hoping for something... The other day I was in class and my mom called me. I didn't know it was her and my heart began racing.. I am just ready to know that I will be somewhere. ANYWHERE...

I applied to A&M also...have not heard anything

ill PM you.. im paranoid :unsure:

Yeah I always wonder if they are sitting on the computer watching my posts. It wouldn't be difficult to link my sn to my app... lol I try to get over it though.

Also applied to A&M to work with Eastwick or Rholes

I see you applied to Houston as well. I want to work with Knee

I applied to work with Rholes and Eastwick as well. That makes 3 in this forum that are applying to their labs...

I applied to work with Acitelli/Knee at Houston. They were both extremely helpful when I would email them.

I applied to work with Rholes and Eastwick as well. That makes 3 in this forum that are applying to their labs...

Make that four! Haven't heard anything either.

I was planning on applying to Houston for Acitelli/Knee too but changed my mind at the last minute.

@jhmoss, congrats on NMSU!