2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

10 minutes ago, fucun said:

Got a call from Yale BBS (MMPP) this morning for an interview. Duke neurobiology also emailed yesterday. YAY!

Congrats!! I also got calls from Yale BBS (MMPP) this morning but missed the calls :(( Did they tell you when the interview dates are?

1 minute ago, apple93 said:

Congrats!! I also got calls from Yale BBS (MMPP) this morning but missed the calls :(( Did they tell you when the interview dates are?

Feb 19-21

@apple93Well honestly though I wouldnt call them more than like 3-4 times in 30 min intervals. Then call them once again around 4. But beyond that, as @biosci said, they're not going you reject you if you couldn't get to the phone. And breathe, you will be going to New Haven soon, irrespective if they pick up the phone or not. Congrats again!!

Edited by Microburritology

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time. This is my second time around applying for my PhD. I mostly applied to schools in Boston for Biology programs, and two schools outside of the area. Does anyone know when Harvard MCO, BU, BC, UMass Boston, Tufts, Notre Dame, or Northwestern iBIS will be sending out interview invites? 

1 minute ago, SpartanNerd1021 said:

Hey everyone!

I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time. This is my second time around applying for my PhD. I mostly applied to schools in Boston for Biology programs, and two schools outside of the area. Does anyone know when Harvard MCO, BU, BC, UMass Boston, Tufts, Notre Dame, or Northwestern iBIS will be sending out interview invites? 

I don't know, but you can search the admissions results page for those schools to see when they have sent out invites in past years (http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php).  Good luck!

3 minutes ago, SpartanNerd1021 said:

Hey everyone!

I just know Harvard MCO out of those - late Dec. - early Jan.

48 minutes ago, Microburritology said:

@apple93Well honestly though I wouldnt call them more than like 3-4 times in 30 min intervals. Then call them once again around 4. But beyond that, as @biosci said, they're not going you reject you if you couldn't get to the phone. And breathe, you will be going to New Haven soon, irrespective if they pick up the phone or not. Congrats again!!

Ah thank you so much!! They just called again and invited me for an interview. So happy right now -- my first interview invite!! Good luck everyone :) 

11 minutes ago, Metbio2016 said:

Ahh I applied Yale MMPP! Fingers crossed for a call soon. Congrats to everyone who has gotten it so far!

Good luck! You got interview invites from great schools too -- congrats!! 

44 minutes ago, SpartanNerd1021 said:

Hey everyone!

I know some people already got IBIS invites but seeing as their deadline was yesterday I can't imagine they've handed them all out yet.

29 minutes ago, NeuroMetro said:

@Metbio2016 pretty impressive list of invites accrued already there. Best of luck for more.

Thanks! Yeah I got a 4 last week which was earlier than the rush, so it looks a bit ahead of the game. 

28 minutes ago, apple93 said:

Good luck! You got interview invites from great schools too -- congrats!! 

Thanks!! 

24 minutes ago, Microburritology said:

No mine is Feb 5th, and I'm waiting for someone from this forum to get those dates :rolleyes:

Dang @Metbio2016 are you gonna attend all of those or drop some?

Right now the ones I have work out... I know Yale would overlap with Columbia (if I get a call from Yale) so one of those would have to be dropped. Depending on Harvard, UCSF, and Stanford I may have to drop some others, but I didn't want to wait to respond to the ones I had. I also may end up dropping some because a flight every weekend is a bit much... 

Hi everyone!

First, congrats on all the interviews. I've gotten 2 so far (UVA, GWU) but I'm getting antsy now because some of the programs I've applied to have already started sending out invites.

But I will remain hopeful :)

15 hours ago, Dro133 said:

Hi all,

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if, in general, different departments within a single program or division make divisions together or individually? I ask because I've seen some people get interviews from WashU DBBS, and I'm nervous that I haven't heard back yet.

Not sure if anyone ever answered your question, but I think each department/program within DBBS meets separately. This is probably why different programs list a different point of contact for applicants to use. Also, my interview invite came from the specific program to which I applied, not from the overall DBBS.

2 hours ago, SpartanNerd1021 said:

Hey everyone!

Check out the surveys, but note that Notre Dame moved their deadline up from last year from Jan 1 to Dec 1, so the survey may not be accurate. 

Thanks for the responses guys! I will just keep refreshing my email. Thankfully, I am going to see the new Star Wars movie tomorrow night, so it'll occupy my mind for a while :) 

Also, not sure if anyone here is applying to the Penn Neuroscience program, but I think they also send out invites in waves. My PI is on the adcom for neuro and she is still reviewing apps!