2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

42 minutes ago, RaganSmash said:

Congratulations! Did it seem like a form email or was it highly personalized? I'm still hoping to hear from them...=\

It was a form email that I had to fill out paperwork.  Don't worry, they're good at sending out rejects so you're still in the running.

Just now, biochemgirl67 said:

It was a form email that I had to fill out paperwork.  Don't worry, they're good at sending out rejects so you're still in the running.

Ahh. Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? As in you think they may have sent out rejections already?

1 hour ago, kokobanana said:

Harvard's PiN just sent out some invites for interviews!

(I want to be specific for other DMS applicants and not add to any Pre-harvard stress. I believe the invites are sent from the department, so they come out at different times).

I got one from Harvard!

2 minutes ago, Microburritology said:

Congrats!! Did you apply to the immunology program? What dates for the interview? Was it a call or email? Tell meeeeeeeee.

I applied to PiN, which was why I replied to that other quote about them sending out invites. Interview date is January 21- January 24, 2016.

They sent me an email. I hope you hear about immunology soon!

Edited by Micecroscopy
clarify mode of contact

1 minute ago, Microburritology said:

Oh ok :lol: Congrats once again!

Whoever is the Harvard immuno invite poster, please come here and answer some questions. If you are a troll, I'll find you, and troll you.

YES COME OUT, WHOEVER YOU ARE, YOU LUCKY PERSONN YOUU

2 minutes ago, TheKinaser said:

Yes... they will be sent out tomorrow. 

I just called. They said tomorrow or Saturday.

And yes, the interview dates are the same as last year.

First weekend is 01/29/2016 - 01/31/2016, and the second is 02/12/2016 - 02/14/2016, but they will fly people out on the 28th, and 11th, respectively.

1 minute ago, Infinito said:

I just called. They said tomorrow or Saturday.

And yes, the interview dates are the same as last year.

First weekend is 01/29/2016 - 01/31/2016, and the second is 02/12/2016 - 02/14/2016, but they will fly people out on the 28th, and 11th, respectively.

*Stomach churning*

1 hour ago, Microburritology said:

Oh ok :lol: Congrats once again!

Whoever is the Harvard immuno invite poster, please come here and answer some questions. If you are a troll, I'll find you, and troll you.

I am so for this post I'm not even kidding.  I'm not sure I believe it, SO COME AND PROVE ME WRONG

4 minutes ago, Gram Positive said:

Just got an interview to the Wisconsin microbiology program (MDTP)!!! Yes!!!!

Oh - @biochemgirl67: I cited Bonnie Bassler in my GRFP proposal ;) 

Quorum sensing rocks!! :)

Lol when they showed her Ted talk in AP Bio I went home and watched it seven more times and then decided I wanted to do stuff like that for my career.  I won't actually know what to do with myself if I meet her.

giphy.gif

One of my letter writers just emailed  me saying Stanford called him asking for more information as one of my recommenders. But he said the PI was from a Stroke research group (not sure what thats about, unless someone that I mentioned in my SOP also does stuff in neurology in the medical school...? But I didn't think so). 

ANYWAY has anyone heard anything like this from their LOR writers? I am obviously very happy (!) that they are showing any interest whatsoever in me, but I'm wondering if it means they are shaky on his letter or something about me as an applicant. Is this common practice for programs to contact letter writers for more info or a more detailed recommendation?