2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

47 minutes ago, Caffeine Junky said:

Does anyone know what the deal is with UT Southwestern? I've seen really sporadic sightings of interviews on the results survey but there was one as recent as today

They have A LOT of interview weekends. I believe acceptances and rejections are extended fairly soon post-interview so they may be inviting more folks as they roll out the decisions. 

1 hour ago, Caffeine Junky said:

Does anyone know what the deal is with UT Southwestern? I've seen really sporadic sightings of interviews on the results survey but there was one as recent as today

According to their website, they send out invites for interviews from January all the way until March

Lord, that moment when you realize you leave on the 28th and will be out for interviews till February 7th. I hope my CS class is forgiving and that I don't mess up any of the 3 interviews given that they are the most important ones :wacko::o

Did anyone hear back from University of Notre Dame recently or know when they will notify applicants? I know that the interview/recruitment weekend is on February 11-14. I am losing hope on ND since it is getting close to recruitment weekend. If I don't hear back from them by the end of next week, it is most likely a rejection. Crossing fingers!

36 minutes ago, SwimmerBio12 said:

Did anyone hear back from University of Notre Dame recently or know when they will notify applicants? I know that the interview/recruitment weekend is on February 11-14. I am losing hope on ND since it is getting close to recruitment weekend. If I don't hear back from them by the end of next week, it is most likely a rejection. Crossing fingers!

I received an interview invitation back on December 17th and then got an email from a PI that I was interested in working with saying that he told the adcom to invite me and gave me a bunch of information/papers about his lab. I also got an email yesterday about menu options for the luncheon they are having for us. Sorry to say but I am pretty sure they have probably sent out all of their interview invites :(

Hello everyone! Congrats on interviews/acceptances/everything!

Has anyone heard anything from

UC Davis Microbiology

Johns Hopkins Pathobiology

Johns Hopkins Molecular Microbiology and Immunology

UMass Amherst Microbiology

Many thanks! 

2 hours ago, SwimmerBio12 said:

I haven't heard anything either. I sent an email asking if there was any update but haven't heard back from them. If there's any invites left it would have to be soon. I got an invite only 2 weeks out from an interview before though so it's not unheard of. It's hard to judge because they moved their due date from Jan 1 to Dec 1 this year so the results survey isn't exactly helpful. 

Has anyone heard anything from UMass Boston or Tufts? I know UMass doesn't do formal interviews so I'm not sure when I should be hearing back from them. 

I also got an email from Harvard today saying that they were reviewing applications and I needed to submit a supplemental data form about financial aid. Weird since I thought they sent out all of their interview invites already. 

Got rejection email from Mount Sinai yesterday. They said they liked my credentials, but didn't think I was a good fit for the program :( 

Also, just called UCSD Biological Sciences. All of their interview invites have been sent out already. So there goes another.

11 minutes ago, ForScience! said:

Got rejection email from Mount Sinai yesterday. They said they liked my credentials, but didn't think I was a good fit for the program :( 

Also, just called UCSD Biological Sciences. All of their interview invites have been sent out already. So there goes another.

Bummer.... I liked UCSD. 

3 hours ago, ForScience! said:

I got a rejection email this morning 

7 minutes ago, tempbiostud said:

So UC Riverside just sent me a invite to their Microbiology PhD Recruitment weekend on Feb 26th. First interview invite!

UCSD has officially rejected me though at 3AM yesterday. I messed up on the application though so I didn't expect them to accept me.

Was it the Biological Sciences program with the Salk Institute?

12 hours ago, tempbiostud said:

So UC Riverside just sent me a invite to their Microbiology PhD Recruitment weekend on Feb 26th. First interview invite!

UCSD has officially rejected me though at 3AM yesterday. I messed up on the application though so I didn't expect them to accept me.

Hey! I'll be there that weekend for the CMDB program! Maybe I will see you around.

Does anyone have any insight on appeasing a professor who is grumpy that I will be missing several (8) classes due to interviews? None of my other professors care, and are instead just super happy because I go to a totally unknown school for science and managed to get interviews at great places. But this one professor has been rather unpleasant and expressed disbelief that my interviews take place outside of weekends and insinuated that I accepted too many interviews and would clearly not be strongly considering all of them and just want a free vacation, and has said that it will affect my grade but won't tell me how and just that I have to do twice as much work as everyone else to stay up to date. I'm fairly upset at this professor but have only responded super politely in fear of getting them more grumpy. Any else having any kind of similar issues?!  

Edited by MusMusculus