2016 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Infinito

Sooo, one of my recommenders hasn't submitted her letter yet and its 10:22pm....I'm guessing she'll likely miss the December 1st deadline. Does anyone know about policies regarding late letter submissions? Should I call each schools' graduate admissions tomorrow to ask?

Just now, Ferroportin said:

Sooo, one of my recommenders hasn't submitted her letter yet and its 10:22pm....I'm guessing she'll likely miss the December 1st deadline. Does anyone know about policies regarding late letter submissions? Should I call each schools' graduate admissions tomorrow to ask?

If it's a few days late they probably will stlll take it, but email the coordinators to let them know.

My last recommender submitted his at 11:59 on the dot. What the fuck

It's only been a few hours since the applications closed and I'm already wavering back and forth between "Hell yeah I'm going to graduate school again!!" and "I'm fucked."

This is gonna be a long winter, guys. Good luck to you all!

I submitted my last app hours  ago and I can't sleep. It's a combination of nervous excitement, I keep thinking about every word I wrote! 

I still have two more applications due in January, I don't if this is a good or bad. I want them done, but happy I didn't have to do them this week. I don't think I could have written one more diversity statement!

Congratulations everyone! Now the wait begins!

Only three of my eleven (what did I do to myself??) were due yesterday, so I'm a weird mix of HOORAY IT'S DONE and oh s*** I have eight more applications due in the next two weeks. I didn't even pick where I was applying until Monday (yeah, I procrastinate), so this whole process has been mega-hectic.

7 hours ago, StrongTackleBacarySagna said:

If it's a few days late they probably will stlll take it, but email the coordinators to let them know.

My last recommender submitted his at 11:59 on the dot. What the fuck

That's actually nuts. Also I've been in contact with a couple coordinators and they've all said something akin to "it's no big deal, we understand, it's not ideal but not a problem so long as it comes before the committees start to meet"

7 hours ago, 123hardasABC said:

It's only been a few hours since the applications closed and I'm already wavering back and forth between "Hell yeah I'm going to graduate school again!!" and "I'm fucked."

This is gonna be a long winter, guys. Good luck to you all!

:unsure:

On that note, anyone else a winter sports fan?  I'm looking forward to finally (east coast life) doing some skiing! I'm sure it will help to pass the time.

23 minutes ago, ruckaround said:

Quick note: Coordinator at UW MCB informed me that the committee will begin evaluating applications at 8am tomorrow morning. Wow.

Damn! They're more productive than I was when applications opened, lol. 

3 minutes ago, StrongTackleBacarySagna said:

FUCK none of the transcripts I uploaded had my name on it. FUCK

Is it required for it to have your name on the document? The application already has your name, and the transcript most likely has it too. 

Just now, Bioenchilada said:

Is it required for it to have your name on the document? The application already has your name, and the transcript most likely has it too. 

I guess technically you could say they wouldn't know if the transcripts are actually yours or not. 

Just now, Gram Neutral said:

I guess technically you could say they wouldn't know if the transcripts are actually yours or not. 

But most, if not all transcripts, have your name on them prior to listing your courses and grades... (at least mine does) 

1 hour ago, Infinito said:

Oh, damn! Well, I guess it's better to find out sooner than later.

I agree!

From reading last year's thread it seems they (UW-MCB) sent out the majority of interview invites on the 15th/16th, along with a number of flat out rejections. Which seems like better than waiting months to find out, at least from my current perspective.

Just now, Bioenchilada said:

But most, if not all transcripts, have your name on them prior to listing your courses and grades... (at least mine does) 

I'm guessing they sent in unofficial transcripts and accidentally edited out their name? That's what it sounded like when they said it didn't have their name on it.

Just now, Gram Neutral said:

I'm guessing they sent in unofficial transcripts and accidentally edited out their name? That's what it sounded like when they said it didn't have their name on it.

Ah ok :/ 

My school can send me electronic official transcripts, so I guess I'm not used to this issue. 

32 minutes ago, biosci said:

Congratulations!  That's awesome!

22 minutes ago, ruckaround said:

Holy shit, congrats!

3 minutes ago, Gram Neutral said:

You officially win the contest. Congrats!

Just now, 123hardasABC said:

UPitt's adcom works faster than my pharmacy :huh: Anyway, congrats and good luck! 

Thank you, it is a huge relief and helps subside a bit of the panicking that's been occurring over the past week!

Good luck to everyone else, I know most schools aren't even close to sending out invites yet. I am looking forward to hearing good news from everyone else as well!