MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

4 hours ago, BlCEO said:

OH MAN.  I just got a call from Columbia.  I answered the phone and once she said who it was I quickly remembered I didn't apply to Columbia, and they were looking for Teach America.  Dammit grad school gods.

HA! Ugh my heart skipped a few beats when I read your first sentence.  According to my search in the results section Columbia won't notify for a bit still.... 

Yale on the other hand... Well it seems like for the past few years Yale has updated the status of applications online late at night towards the end of this week. So maybe this friday? 
AHH

I'm also concerned that SAIC has sent out some interview invites in the mail for performance, maybe other media is soon to follow?  Since SAIC seems to accept a larger margin I am going to feel really defeated if I don't get an invite there.  Please update if you hear from SAIC in other departments! 

For the sake of all of our sanity, I really hope we all start hearing things this week. I'm ready to cry, especially since it's already been 3 weeks since the deadline of two of my applications.

On 1/24/2016 at 1:24 AM, Alment said:

wow congrats!  that is incredibly fast, wasn't the app date Jan 15th?  Did you get this letter mailed to you through the post or through email?
Good luck with your interview!!!

Thank you Alment, don't worry about it. I think faculty of performance program viewed faster than others. I also apply other programs in SAIC, still no feedback.

44 minutes ago, nikcav said:

For the sake of all of our sanity, I really hope we all start hearing things this week. I'm ready to cry, especially since it's already been 3 weeks since the deadline of two of my applications.

Yeah, me too. Based off of last year, those of us who applied to UC-Irvine and Northwestern should hear from them by the end of the week. Fingers crossed! 

Edited by cpw0021

one of the programs I applied to let me know that they would be reviewing applications in February, and decisions would be announced in late March.  So... I am not holding my breath for replies, though I do hope that some of them arrive sooner than that...

1 hour ago, Alment said:

Yale on the other hand... Well it seems like for the past few years Yale has updated the status of applications online late at night towards the end of this week. So maybe this friday? 
AHH

yeah i think univ of Oregon and Yale are at the end of this month, so either friday or sunday.  Hoping fri because of the business day.

Ya instead of working on finishing my Cranbrook essays (2 Two page essays?, come on now) I looked through the results from previous years and expect to hear about interviews around:

Yale- end of January
Bard- "Week of Feb 1" -from website
SAIC- by early February
VCU- early February
CalArts- week of Feb 7-14
RISD- mid February
Cranbrook- mid February
UCLA- week of Feb 21-28
Columbia- week of Feb 21-28
Hunter- by end of February
Rutgers- no idea because they didn't used to host interviews. Interview day is scheduled for March 4th. 

Heh. :wacko:

4 minutes ago, yessssssss said:

It looks like last year painters were interviewed by phone Feb 16th for UCLA.

BICEO are you applying for painting or new genres?

Im actually applying for Interdisciplinary. Last year I applied for New Genres though.

1 minute ago, yessssssss said:

For those who have finished applying I wonder if you, like me, have found it hard to work in the studio? Or have you felt a weight lifted and are actually more productive now? I'm having a serious mental block since I've submitted my apps...

I've had a mental block since i got into my BFA program in 2008.  Still trying to snap out of it.  haha

Edited by BlCEO

Just now, yessssssss said:

For those who have finished applying I wonder if you, like me, have found it hard to work in the studio? Or have you felt a weight lifted and are actually more productive now? I'm having a serious mental block since I've submitted my apps...

Well, I finished my application two weeks ago, and all I've been doing was sleep, eat, check internet, then go back to sleep.

Even in my sleep I dream of checking this forum and emails and website...

1 minute ago, arte said:

Well, I finished my application two weeks ago, and all I've been doing was sleep, eat, check internet, then go back to sleep.

Even in my sleep I dream of checking this forum and emails and website...

samesies!  Good luck with your app at tyler, tyler holds a very special place in my heart :)
I did my undergrad at tyler and sculpture was actually my second major.  The sculpture program changed my life! 

7 minutes ago, Alment said:

samesies!  Good luck with your app at tyler, tyler holds a very special place in my heart :)
I did my undergrad at tyler and sculpture was actually my second major.  The sculpture program changed my life! 

Hi Alment!  You've applied to a lot of amazing programs. Which one is your top choice?

13 minutes ago, yessssssss said:

Hi Alment!  You've applied to a lot of amazing programs. Which one is your top choice?

Hunter, all the way! 
I am in love with Hunter but I don't know if they'll be in love with me.  

If by some chance I got into Yale or UCLA I would likely attend them instead... unless I found that financially it would be impossible. But yeah, I'm pretty dead set on Hunter primarily, and I think it is sliiiightly more obtainable even though its still extremely competitive. 

After that I'd have to stick with Cali and NY and say Columbia, Bard, CalArts

...and the rest i'm not sure where I stand with them but I am really excited about the prospect of any of them. 

I know I applied to really amazing programs so I may not even get an interview from any of them.  I just don't believe in safety schools because there's no point in getting an MFA if its not an experience you're completely thrilled about. 

Edited by Alment

12 minutes ago, yessssssss said:

What are your choices? Are you applying to UCLA?

23 minutes ago, yessssssss said:

Really depends on the day. Some days I'll go to the studio and CRANK; other days I can't resist the siren song of the internet. It did take me a few days after the applications were in to get back to the studio and start working again, though.

1 hour ago, cpw0021 said:

Yeah, me too. Based off of last year, those of us who applied to UC-Irvine and Northwestern should hear from them by the end of the week. Fingers crossed! 

Thank you, cpw0021!

50 minutes ago, Alment said:

Thank you Alment! Good luck with your schools!

I really hope they would like me as much as I like them.:wacko:

Does anyone realize this thread has over 20K views and like a week or two ago it was close to 10K?

EVERYONE CALM DOWN. WE WILL GET THERE REALLY SOON.

Edited by BlCEO

28 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

Does anyone realize this thread has over 20K views and like a week or two ago it was close to 10K?

EVERYONE CALM DOWN. WE WILL GET THERE REALLY SOON.

Calm down?! Dude, this is the FREAK OUT ???