2016 Applicants

Penn State said they're going to start sending out results as of yesterday, and judging by the few and far between results postings on this site, it sounds like they notify acceptances via postal mail and rejections/waitlists via email.

So, for once, here's hoping I DON'T hear for a few days and that I get something in the mail! Aaaaaaaah the suspense is killing me.

This is only time I've ever been glad of a last minute, "OMG why did we wait so long to start this?!?" group project. I've been so focused on fixing it that I haven't been able to freak out about grad school. Now the paper's done and I'm back to where I started: freaking out about grad school.

It's kind of sad.

Nothing makes me crazier than when you tell someone [non-speech major] you're graduating this semester and they ask "where are you doing your masters?"

I WISH I KNEW! *sigh*

Hello SLP universe! Wondering if anyone else got an email from U of Delaware? It basically says that they will not be able to notify accepted students until they get the official go ahead on accreditation status on March 21st. The email then encourages to check out their website, clinic, etc.

I already posted this message on a board specific to U. of Delaware, but thought this might cast a wider net- anyone know any other details? I'm wondering whether this email went out to everyone who applied? Has anyone followed up with them? Thanks and good luck to everyone in this crazy time !

For UT Austin applicants:

"Thank you for applying to the graduate school of Communication Science and Disorders program at the University of Texas. You will be receiving an email notification next week, at the very latest March 18 (we are shooting for Monday or Tuesday). We apologize as the admissions process is taking longer than expected. Thank you for your patience. Please don’t hesitate to call my office with any questions you may have."

Just read this on the results page:

• I heard they send out acceptances alphabetically. Has anyone been accepted with a name at the end of the alphabet yet?

Can anyone confirm or deny? I always hated having an "S" last name <_<

40 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of schools are taking a little bit longer than usual to decide?

YES. I was looking at the results page, and it seems like schools were sending out admissions decision waaaay earlier in March.

Anyone hear from Emerson today, acceptance or otherwise? Can't figure out if they're doing it alphabetically, in order of the interviews; or only acceptances first...

5 minutes ago, racoomelon said:

YES. I was looking at the results page, and it seems like schools were sending out admissions decision waaaay earlier in March.

Soo props to us for being a kickass group of applicants?

Got my third acceptance today! I was notified via email from Governors State University, earlier today. I'm absolutely blown-away. Congratulations to all of those who have been accepted, and hang in there to those who have not been (yet). 

56 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of schools are taking a little bit longer than usual to decide?

THIS. I'm looking at you, University of Arizona. One of my letter writers is on the admissions committee for that school and I'm really tempted to call her and find out what's going on, but I don't want to be more obnoxious than usual lol. I'm dying inside it's fine

19 minutes ago, IAmOneJame said:

Got my third acceptance today! I was notified via email from Governors State University, earlier today. I'm absolutely blown-away. Congratulations to all of those who have been accepted, and hang in there to those who have not been (yet). 

Congrats!!!

Congrats to those who got into their respective programs!  Are any of you already making decisions, or waiting for the rest to respond back?

Waiting for emails, but not wanting to contact them in fear of sounding impatient.  

c4jt321.png

Is anyone else dealing with anxiety about a school rescinding their offer? I'm petrified even though I know it's not realistic. Right? It's not realistic, right?!? Hahaha... ha... ha...

I only applied to two schools. I heard back from one with an acceptance a few weeks ago, and I don't think I'll hear from the second for another few weeks. Part of me just wants to accept this offer before they... take it away. It's a sure thing. But is it really? Ha. Argh. I'm emotionally damaged by this process, obviously. Just needed to vent.

4 minutes ago, Cowsy said:

Is anyone else dealing with anxiety about a school rescinding their offer? I'm petrified even though I know it's not realistic. Right? It's not realistic, right?!? Hahaha... ha... ha...

I only applied to two schools. I heard back from one with an acceptance a few weeks ago, and I don't think I'll hear from the second for another few weeks. Part of me just wants to accept this offer before they... take it away. It's a sure thing. But is it really? Ha. Argh. I'm emotionally damaged by this process, obviously. Just needed to vent.

I don't think that they can rescind an offer. Not unless you totally screw up (like fail all of your classes this semester). If they accept you under conditional terms, then you have to meet certain requirements before enrollment and they can refuse admission if you don't follow through. But otherwise, I don't think they would. 

But I'm kind of afraid to make a B this semester and then have one of my programs be like "your GPA isn't the same! NO." <_< Especially because I'm out of field and the B would be in my com dis pre req courses. 

Yeah, I agree! I know it's not logical and I would be SHOCKED if it happened to me, or to anyone else. I've never read or heard about something like that happening and it just doesn't make sense.

It's just my darn mind being mean to me, and I wish it would stop. Haha.

I remembered reading a case 1-2 cycles ago of someone getting an email from a school accepting them, only to find out a bit later that it was a mistake.  I hope that doesn't happen to anyone. 

@Cowsy You are definitely not the only one feeling that way! I thought my mind would relax once I got in, but I just keep finding more things to irrationally worry about