Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

Just saw someone received a rejection letter from UofT's 2 year MSW program today on the results page. So looks like the rejection and waitlists letters have been mailed out. Does that mean all the waves of acceptance have been done?

Hey all, I've been lurking on this forum for a long time now. I applied to U of T 2-year, York's 2 year MSW and York's BSW. The admissions office at York recommended I apply for both programs since the MSW is so competitive. Just this morning my Myfile updated to show I've been accepted to the BSW. The MSW still says no decision. So hopefully the MSW decisions will come soon!

22 minutes ago, Applicant#1000 said:

Just saw someone received a rejection letter from UofT's 2 year MSW program today on the results page. So looks like the rejection and waitlists letters have been mailed out. Does that mean all the waves of acceptance have been done?

Hi which results page are you talking about? 

On April 2, 2016 at 10:45 AM, chelsealion said:

Hey there,

How does one find out about Laurier's funding? I can't seem to find anything on the Laurier website, whereas York's information is readily available. 

Does anyone know anything about Laurier's funding structure?

Thanks,

Chelsea

I know that Laurier does not offer funding with their initial offer. It really pained me to turn down Carleton because they offered such a significant amount of funding, but in the end I weighed my options and decided to stay closer to home b/c I like having that support system. Closer to the beginning of the first semester, I was offered almost 5000$ in scholarships. Also, once school starts, Student Awards opens up their scholarship portal and you have the opportunity to fill out your profile and become eligible for further funding. 

1 hour ago, rachberks said:

Sweet thank you :)
I just checked my mail (I live 30 mins north of U of T, in vaughan) and nothing yet. 

Me too. Live in Toronto and nothing in the mail. My ROSI hasn't updated either. 

2 hours ago, dexy77 said:

I know that Laurier does not offer funding with their initial offer.

Thanks so much for the insight! Hearing about the lack of funding was a little intimidating, but it's nice to hear that there are options.

Hi there, I am the first rejectee on the results page. To answer your questions as you eagerly await your results: no ROSI did not change for me it remains "no registration history" , and I received my rejection letter in the mail today and it was dated yesterday. This has not come as a shock to me as I have mediocre grades in an unrelated field and only 1000 hours of experience (although I do have a published article and have presented at several conferences) . I have applied for a few post degree BSW programs and am awaiting results. Best of luck to those of you awaiting responses.

Hey sswerk, sorry to hear about your rejection. I too think I will be rejected this year because of my mediocre grades and limited volunteering. 
I was just wondering if your status changed to 'decision made' or if it still remains unchanged. I hear that takes a while to update.

8 hours ago, AnnInTO said:

Hi Colieg,

I've applied for the MSW for Working Professionals program in Peel Region!  It isn't mentioned much on here, so I'm so glad I've found someone who may potentially be attending the program.  I still haven't heard back yet; I think I have another three weeks to go.  I keep wondering the same thing about Windsor - I don't think that they have an online portal like the other universities do, unless you were a previous Windsor student.  I got the impression that we'd be notified of our admission decisions by postal mail but I could be wrong.  Best of luck to you!!

Nice! Glad to see someone else who applied on here! I think I have about 4 weeks to go until I hear. But i didn't think they had an online portal, glad i'm not the only one! Did you apply to any other schools or just that Windsor one? I went to the information session for Windsor and they made it seem like most people would get in as long as they met the minimum requirements (70% average, 3 good references, 3 years + experience etc.)...i don't want to get my hopes up too high though.

1 hour ago, cpun said:

Hey sswerk, sorry to hear about your rejection. I too think I will be rejected this year because of my mediocre grades and limited volunteering. 
I was just wondering if your status changed to 'decision made' or if it still remains unchanged. I hear that takes a while to update.

Both statuses on the sgs page and in rosi are unchanged. My status is still "under review". Thank you for your condolences however I'm not terribly upset over the rejection as it was a long shot, and I'm still in the process of building my application till its impressive enough to make me a contender. 

Edited by sswerk

2 hours ago, CalendarGirl said:

Hey LP3,

I didn't see that part time MSW was offered this year!! When did you apply?

Hey!  I applied in January but had been writing my statement since October. I think every 2 years they open the part time streams. 

4 hours ago, sswerk said:

Hi there, I am the first rejectee on the results page. To answer your questions as you eagerly await your results: no ROSI did not change for me it remains "no registration history" , and I received my rejection letter in the mail today and it was dated yesterday. This has not come as a shock to me as I have mediocre grades in an unrelated field and only 1000 hours of experience (although I do have a published article and have presented at several conferences) . I have applied for a few post degree BSW programs and am awaiting results. Best of luck to those of you awaiting responses.

Hey! Sorry to hear about your letter, but it's all so nuts. I've received a flat out rejection from an "eh" school and an acceptance from a great one. You never know. 

Do you live near TO? Just curious as I'm out of state. 

I've been accepted to an MSW in the States, but am still waiting on one US school and UoT. I feel like the Canadian programs are way more competitive -1,000 hours is A LOT of experience in the field (US programs don't require hours). How many years did you have to work, and what kind of job?

Thanks!

Edited by 2016_MSW_UoT

10 hours ago, JHC said:

Hey all, 

I too have been stalking this thread for a long time now, but this is my first post. 

My girlfriend and I are both Psych students now, but we applied together to the 2 year MSW programs at U of T, Laurier, and Windsor. 

She was rejected from Laurier, but I was placed on their waitlist yesterday. We both haven't heard anything from U of T or Windsor. (Does anyone know how to check Windsor's online system? Like the equivalent of LORIS?)

Love the support going on for everyone, and we've both been going nuts over here as well waiting to hear from schools, we are both really passionate about the field of Social Work and really, really want to get in and start working toward our dreams. Best of luck to everyone, and don't give up!!!! 

uwindsor has 2 ways to view - i am a previous student so not sure how an applicant can log in but you can try! www.uwindsor.ca/sis or myuwindsor.ca - you just need to find the spot where you can view your applications

9 hours ago, Applicant#1000 said:

Usually once the rejections and waitlist go out means that all decisions are made. That is how i know it from previous years.

Well I finally decided to sign up and post as well. I was waitlisted for Renison's BSW, and yesterday I accepted a spot in their part time BSW! Marion said that they aren't expecting more than another 2-3 people to get off the waitlist, so I'm glad that I secured a spot :) 

1 hour ago, kv32 said:

Well I finally decided to sign up and post as well. I was waitlisted for Renison's BSW, and yesterday I accepted a spot in their part time BSW! Marion said that they aren't expecting more than another 2-3 people to get off the waitlist, so I'm glad that I secured a spot :) 

HEY!! I am in the exact same position! Was waitlisted and now am entering part time BSW!! Glad to meet someone like me :) Are you done your perquisites?

I'm excited! I actually think doing the program part time will be better for me, since I can still work a little, and still have enough time to get really good grades :) yes I finished them all last year, so its been nice having a bit of a break from being in school. Yesterday when I talked to Marion she said I shouldn't hold out for getting off the waitlist, since I wasn't in the next 2-3 people, so I asked out of my prides sake if I was at least in the top half of it, and yes laughed and said yes :P So I'm guessing I was probably 4th or 5th. I'm so glad to be done waiting and stressing! I did apply to Lakehead Orillia too, but at least now I'm stressing over hearing back from them :)