Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

hello, completing a statistics course would beneficial, some msw programs require you take statistics. Also a B+ average is the GPA you should have. i know for laurier msw they require you to have tons of hours like 3,000. I think at least 3,000 hours is good.

On June 22, 2016 at 9:47 PM, Socialworkertobe said:

Hey guys so I am wondering if you can help me out. So I am currently going into my second year at laurier for my bsw. My dream is to be able to complete my msw. My first question is whether I should be completing a statistics course because it is not required for my bsw. Also what is a competitive GPA and how many hours of volunteer would you recommend?

On June 15, 2016 at 5:51 AM, SarahMc67 said:

Hi everyone,

Is there a Facebook group for the 2 year MSW program at UofT class of 2018? If not, anyone want to start one with me (you need one other person).  Let me know!

Hey! I'm not sure if you've found it or not yet,  but there is one. It's called U of T FIFSW MSW class of 2018 :) @SarahMc67

On June 17, 2016 at 11:15 AM, SamSat said:

Congrats! Me too! I plan in completing them online, so I am staying in Toronto and only going up to Wloo for the final exams. I think the course registration is around July 5-11, but I haven't received any further instruction on that... lmk if you do :)

I heard back and we're supposed to register this week (until the 11th). Did you hear anything? I also live in Toronto :)

I am not sure if I will be completing most of the courses on campus or some online. I have family I can stay with in Waterloo, and I do learn much better in person. But the commute will suck. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2016 at 4:11 PM, Roza Nozari said:

Hey folks! 

I know this thread might be dead now, but for anyone going to Laurier (WLU) this Fall for the MSW program, I've created a group: Laurier MSW 2 Year Program, Graduating 2018. I couldn't find one on Facebook, but if one does exist, please post here about it! Thanks!!

Hey! We have a facebook group! There are just under 10 of us in it so far. Join us!  Its:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1790594547841998/Laurier MSW 2016-2017, 2016-2018

• 3 months later...

Can anybody give me some insight into which MSW programs in Canada have more of a clinical focus? I am applying for U of T and Laurier for this reason but can anybody speak to UBC, Windsor or University of Victoria in regards to their clinical focus?

Any information helps! 

• 2 months later...

Hey, all, I am not currently applying to any grad programs but I am interested in any input you guys have from these schools if anyone could help me out. In this case, I will be looking into the 2 years MSW program since I am currently studying sociology through Guelph. I am mostly curious about acceptance rate, I am hoping to have an A- for my last 20 courses of study. 

University of Windsor 2 Year MSW

Kings University College (Western) 2 Year MSW

Laurier 2 Year MSW

Additionally, I know this isn't a Masters program, but does anyone have insight on the Lakehead 1 year BSW program, I am planning on applying to the above schools and if I am not accepted to hopefully go through the 1-year BSW program and then take another attempt for an MSW after that year.

Looking forward to the responses, thanks in advance everyone!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2016 at 3:39 PM, MSW_2016 said:

Hey everyone!! I  just received my acceptance to the 1 year MSW at U of T!! It appears on ROSI. 

So psyched!! I applied last year to the 2 yr MSW and didn't get in, so I went with my plan B and did a 1 year HBSW at Lakehead University, and turns out that paid off!! :D

Congrats!! I just checked ROSI and mine says "Invited" but my application still says "Under Review". Any idea what this means? Not sure if this is an acceptance yet

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2016 at 2:49 PM, xonive said:

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from Windsor Advance Standing? I know first round of acceptances went out... I was really hoping today would be the day I would hear back. I'm loosing my mind, program starts in May, and its just around the corner! 

Hey! I know it's a year later, but I'm in the same boat now! I've applied to Windsor and I'm on the waitlist to begin in May but I'm wondering when you got your acceptance letter to Windsor? And hows the program been for you!?