Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

57 minutes ago, Eveileb said:

HEY EVERYONE

I made a survey so we can track how many of us in this forum have been put on the wait-list for UofT's 2-year MSW. I'm sure everyone's checking every hour to see how many more people are coming forward. WELL let's ease our minds/cry about what we're up against hahaha :)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/G2HV7WH

How do we access the data? :) 
I've submitted my answer but can't seem to figure out how to reveal the results...

58 minutes ago, Eveileb said:

HEY EVERYONE

I made a survey so we can track how many of us in this forum have been put on the wait-list for UofT's 2-year MSW. I'm sure everyone's checking every hour to see how many more people are coming forward. WELL let's ease our minds/cry about what we're up against hahaha :)

Oops -- it looks like you haven't enabled the "instant results" option for participants. If you could enable that so we could see the data, it would be much appreciated!

1 hour ago, Eveileb said:

HEY EVERYONE

critical thinking, like a true researcher haha!! :) I like the idea.

6 hours ago, AnnInTO said:

Hi Everyone,

For anyone waiting on UWindsor (I know there aren't many of us here), I just received an email this afternoon stating that I've been accepted into their regular-track MSW for Working Professionals program in Peel Region.  I'm definitely very excited as it's the only school that I applied to.  Best of luck to everyone still waiting! :) 

Congrats!!! I was looking into that, do you have to be working directly in the field? I do have experience in the field (placements mostly) and in the summers I work more directly in the field. I work in a nursing home a right now as a receptionist (sort of indirect) and currently graduating in april, therefore I will be looking for a more direct job in the field. But I was just wondering if I would qualify to apply for that regular tracked program

my sgs updated to "decision made" but i havent checked the mail today. i am very tempted to check now but its too cold lmao

k so i braved the cold and checked the mail, and i have also been waitlisted at u of t (whoop dee doo)....based on how many people have been waitlisted, i doubt i will get in at this point. and lakehead app still hasn't updated...#foreverwaiting 

Any Laurier acceptances received their letters in the mail yet?  Last year when i was rejected,  I got the letter the same day that Loris updated. I'm being irrational and wondering if it's an email glitch and I've not been accepted at all haha. 

... poking my head in here, sounds like UofT has got around to most of the MSW applicants. Good sign for me! Hopefully I hear back from my program soon then. :)

Congrats everyone who has heard back (even waitlisted!) and best of luck to everyone else waiting.

1 hour ago, LP3 said:

Hey nope nothing in the mail yet. Think youre good :)

Any Laurier acceptances received their letters in the mail yet?  Last year when i was rejected,  I got the letter the same day that Loris updated. I'm being irrational and wondering if it's an email glitch and I've not been accepted at all haha. 

Surely, it's not unreasonable to expect York to have decisions made by tonight, right?

Is anyone else super frustrated with them??? Haha. I JUST CANT DO THIS ANYMORE :-p.

Waitlisted for Laurier, and no official news from Lakehead, although when I emailed about admission decisions the other day the person who replied said 'she can't give me news but my future with lakehead looks positive." ???? I don't trust anything until I have that letter lol. 

People on Lauriers waitlist, let's keep each other updated? I'll let all of you know as soon as / if I hear from them about a place. As for right now, it would just be nice to know that I for sure have gotten in somewhere :-P

38 minutes ago, Sarah Erwin said:

Surely, it's not unreasonable to expect York to have decisions made by tonight, right?

Is anyone else super frustrated with them??? Haha. I JUST CANT DO THIS ANYMORE :-p.

Waitlisted for Laurier, and no official news from Lakehead, although when I emailed about admission decisions the other day the person who replied said 'she can't give me news but my future with lakehead looks positive." ???? I don't trust anything until I have that letter lol. 

People on Lauriers waitlist, let's keep each other updated? I'll let all of you know as soon as / if I hear from them about a place. As for right now, it would just be nice to know that I for sure have gotten in somewhere :-P

yes it is :) I just got rejected from York so hopefully I'll hear back from Windsor soon. . . and this waiting can and I can move on with the rest of my life ahah. 

Good Luck to those still waiting or who have been waitlisted/ accepted. 

If you haven't been rejected, there is still hope :)

50 minutes ago, Sarah Erwin said:

I wouldn't anticipate hearing anything from Laurier until May as their list doesn't close until the end of the April. But keep us posted if you hear anything! 

12 minutes ago, orangaglad said:

yes it is :) I just got rejected from York so hopefully I'll hear back from Windsor soon. . . and this waiting can and I can move on with the rest of my life ahah. 

Good Luck to those still waiting or who have been waitlisted/ accepted. 

If you haven't been rejected, there is still hope :)

Oh no I'm sorry! Fingers crossed for Windsor! Sending luck your way !

Did york just email you today?

1 minute ago, Sarah Erwin said:

Oh no I'm sorry! Fingers crossed for Windsor! Sending luck your way !

Did york just email you today?

I didn't get an email, I just checked my myfile. I think that if you haven't gotten rejected yet there is a good chance of acceptance . Good Luck!

1 hour ago, Sarah Erwin said:

Did u log into lakehead website and check your application status because last year that is where it showed up first.

17 hours ago, MSW-hopeful-2016 said:

Jeez the waitlist is so long for U of T. Seems like everyone on here who wasn't accepted was waitlisted. That's really wrong on their part. 
False hope isn't a good thing either....

For those who have been waitlisted, are you planning to stay on it? 

I'm staying on it and hoping for the best. Already emailed them my response and got a reply right away that they received it. Just wish they would tell us more about how the wait-list works so we would know our chances of getting into the program.

2 minutes ago, notafortuneteller said:

I'm staying on it and hoping for the best. Already emailed them my response and got a reply right away that they received it. Just wish they would tell us more about how the wait-list works so we would know our chances of getting into the program.

I did the same thing, emailed the day of and Angela was very quick to respond. However I've already started job hunting / looking for research positions. 
With the amount of people they waitlisted, hoping for the best is kind of hard. But it has given me motivation to improve my application

with U of T being such a competitive school, I don't see many people rejecting their acceptances. Unless they are more interested in funding and places like York are more attractive to them (assuming they got into both). 

Okay so had some time to kill and I went ahead and made a list of us who are wait-listed at UofT. If your name is missing, let me know. This is kinda fun to track. 

Applicant#1000

phd2msw

ChristopherMcG

MSW-hopeful-2016

FrogMirror

Ed07ti

notafortuneteller

katkatkat (declined)

BernadetteKay

Parrthunax

TheGrapefruit

rabschaud

patience_is_a_virtue

Eveileb

radiance1313

Sam.E

2 minutes ago, MSW-hopeful-2016 said:

I did the same thing, emailed the day of and Angela was very quick to respond. However I've already started job hunting / looking for research positions. 
With the amount of people they waitlisted, hoping for the best is kind of hard. But it has given me motivation to improve my application

I'm also job hunting and if I don't get in, I am going to take a couple of the intro to social work courses from either Thompson Rivers or UVic and apply to the distance UVic BSW program and possibly the Lakehead one in Orillia. Would have to talk to my parents about staying with them for a few days a week if I do the Orillia one (I'm from Orillia but live in Toronto). Then once I have a BSW I will reapply to the U of T 1-year MSW programs for the geriatric specialization. That's my plan. I am determined to become a geriatric social worker no matter what it takes. I want to focus on helping trans older adults and ensure they have safe spaces to live and turn to when they need support.

12 minutes ago, MSW-hopeful-2016 said:

with U of T being such a competitive school, I don't see many people rejecting their acceptances. Unless they are more interested in funding and places like York are more attractive to them (assuming they got into both). 

Haha. I rejected them today so one of waitlist applicants will be notified soon :). 

5 minutes ago, phd2msw said:

Okay so had some time to kill and I went ahead and made a list of us who are wait-listed at UofT. If your name is missing, let me know. This is kinda fun to track. 

Applicant#1000

phd2msw

ChristopherMcG

MSW-hopeful-2016

FrogMirror

Ed07ti

notafortuneteller

katkatkat (declined)

BernadetteKay

Parrthunax

TheGrapefruit

rabschaud

patience_is_a_virtue

Eveileb

radiance1313

Sam.E

(I had to make an account to say) Good luck! Everyone on this forum is so passionate and supportive, and I'm sure will make great clinicians in any capacity. 

5 minutes ago, notafortuneteller said:

I'm also job hunting and if I don't get in, I am going to take a couple of the intro to social work courses from either Thompson Rivers or UVic and apply to the distance UVic BSW program and possibly the Lakehead one in Orillia. Would have to talk to my parents about staying with them for a few days a week if I do the Orillia one (I'm from Orillia but live in Toronto). Then once I have a BSW I will reapply to the U of T 1-year MSW programs for the geriatric specialization. That's my plan. I am determined to become a geriatric social worker no matter what it takes. I want to focus on helping trans older adults and ensure they have safe spaces to live and turn to when they need support.

I am totally in the same boat as you and @MSW-hopeful-2016. I am committed to becoming a social worker and earning an MSW. I am going to start taking courses toward the 1 year BSW at Waterloo next fall if I don't come off the U of T waitlist. I only applied to UofT, which I now regret. I should have applied to more 1 year BSW programs as well. It might take an extra year out of my life, but this is my dream profession. Good luck you guys :)