DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

I was concerned about hearing towards the end of April like last year. It seems that won't happen. Thus until mid April hits I don't plan on contacting them.

Any word anyone for the Masters study scholarship - NYC. 

Also, does anyone know how many applicants they accept? And also, does it matter if you are from Canada or US - like is there a 'quota' they must fulfill from each nation? 

Thanks

Edited by canadacanada

11 minutes ago, canadacanada said:

Any word anyone for the Masters study scholarship - NYC. 

Also, does anyone know how many applicants they accept? And also, does it matter if you are from Canada or US - like is there a 'quota' they must fulfill from each nation? 

Thanks

According to 2015 results, 158 Graduate Study Scholarships were awarded. 
I have not heard of a quota. Just briefly scanning the list, I only saw one entry from Toronto. So I don't think there's a quota.

28 undergrad scholarship awards. 

3 hours ago, s3v said:

According to 2015 results, 158 Graduate Study Scholarships were awarded. 
I have not heard of a quota. Just briefly scanning the list, I only saw one entry from Toronto. So I don't think there's a quota.

28 undergrad scholarship awards. 

Hey S3V,

158 study scholarships seems a bit higher than I expected. Do you mind me asking where that number came from? Thanks!

Just now, SNP3 said:

Hey S3V,

158 study scholarships seems a bit higher than I expected. Do you mind me asking where that number came from? Thanks!

https://www.daad.org/winners

Of course, just realized I have no idea if those are actually "Study Scholarship" recipients, or if this includes everyone.
Either way, doesn't look like there's a quota.

25 minutes ago, s3v said:

https://www.daad.org/winners

Of course, just realized I have no idea if those are actually "Study Scholarship" recipients, or if this includes everyone.
Either way, doesn't look like there's a quota.

Cool, thanks!. I noticed that the 2014 tally page separated the winners by research or study scholarship,with at 40/60 split respectively. But who knows if those percentages can be extended to other years...

1 hour ago, canadacanada said:

Just heard NYC rejected - masters scholarship.... Sucks so hard - on the portal 

Sorry :( I hope an even better opportunity comes along!

1 minute ago, Abyssus said:

Alas. Just saw in the DAAD Portal that my application for a research grant (doctoral candidate) has been rejected... Good luck to everyone else!

Sorry Abyssus! I hope something comes along for you as well! Are you a US applicant?

48 minutes ago, Abyssus said:

Alas. Just saw in the DAAD Portal that my application for a research grant (doctoral candidate) has been rejected... Good luck to everyone else!

Sorry to hear that :( Did your application status change to Selection made before that?

38 minutes ago, aynrand said:

Sorry to hear that :( Did your application status change to Selection made before that?

It went right to rejection...unless it changed for 10 hours and I missed it. I have heard rumors that some rejected applications are wait-listed, but I doubt that is the case with me because it is so early.

8 minutes ago, abreak said:

Sorry to everyone who got rejected :(

I'm still waiting to hear about the language grant.

According to the information I dug up, language grant students heard back 2-3 weeks after Study/Research applicants. I don't know if that'll be the same this year as it is all online now.