DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

Hello, guys. Have been stalking this topic for a while (found this forum when I was googling what "selection made" means). 
I am from Ukraine, was appying for Master's scholarship. In autumn I had "Preselection made" status, then I had "Selection made" status for a while (3 months, I guess). 
Today my status has changed to "Funding cancelled before commencement of funding".
Well, I still have a chance with BAYHOST. 
Good luck to everyone.

Edited by sapientisat

5 minutes ago, sapientisat said:

Hello, guys. Have been stalking this topic for a while (found this forum when I was googling what "selection made" means). 
I am from Ukraine, was appying for Master's scholarship. In autumn I had "Preselection made" status, then I had "Selection made" status for a while (3 months, I guess). 
Today my status has changed to "Funding cancelled before commencement of funding".
Well, I still have a chance with BAYHOST. 
Good luck to everyone.

I think a lot of their funding has been cut/reallocated. I was looking at the research grants and they completely cut the second deadline (May).

2 minutes ago, Horb said:

I think a lot of their funding has been cut/reallocated. I was looking at the research grants and they completely cut the second deadline (May).

Yeah, I saw that. Things are looking dire. :(

Just now, x\/x\/x said:

Yeah, I saw that. Things are looking dire. :(

I read somewhere that it is a combination of budget cuts (that is awful) and reallocating money to refugees (which is an amazing thing DAAD is doing if that is true). 

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know my portal status has been changed from "selection made" to being blank. Has anyone else seen or heard of this happen?

Study Scholarship, DAAD NY, portal status: blank

1 minute ago, SNP3 said:

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know my portal status has been changed from "selection made" to being blank. Has anyone else seen or heard of this happen?

Mine still says selection made, but I'm not applying for your award. Maybe they are transferring it to funding? ONE COULD ONLY HOPE.

Summer Language Grant, DAAD NYC, Status: Selection Made

20 minutes ago, SNP3 said:

That's what one guy had on 17th March, on page 5:
"i had "selection made" for a week and a half, after it went empty for a few hours...... and then "funding" appeared. Im still nervous cause i got no mail from DAAD Bonn "

49 minutes ago, SNP3 said:

Same scholarship but I'm still at selection made.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and my application status also changed from selection made to being blank. Does anyone know what this means? I'm getting really anxious over here. 

Study Scholarship, DAAD NY, blank status 

Just now, aynrand said:

Hi s3v. Yesterday you said your status was still Application Submitted. When did your status change to Selection made?

Ah I probably misspoke. It's been at selection made for 10 days or so now.

5 minutes ago, x\/x\/x said:

yeah, I just got an e-mail telling me to check the portal and there was a PDF of the letter.

I'm sorry! Wait list status is its own form of hell (in my opinion).

1 hour ago, x\/x\/x said:

well, I'm an alternate (or "reserve candidate") for a research grant. Sigh.

Please what does this mean? I'm also a PhD research applicant . Is a waiting list real and feasible? Could that be what you are referring to as reserved candidate? Is your status showing "reserved candidate" and did it go from application submitted to reserved candidate ? Please help with an answer I'm freaking nervous . 

Im right behind the screen to read your reply please 

Edited by Veronica germany

Just now, Veronica germany said:

Please what does this mean? I'm also a PhD research applicant . Is a waiting list real and feasible? Could that be what you are referring to as reserved candidate? Is your status showing "reserved candidate" and did it go from application sub,it's to reserved candidate ? Please help with an answer I'm freaking nervous 

Reserved candidate is its own status. If you have rejected, I would assume you are not waitlisted. But again, DAAD has been changing things up and someone said previously that a friend was rejected but later (in May) was awarded the grant.

3 minutes ago, Veronica germany said:

Please what does this mean? I'm also a PhD research applicant . Is a waiting list real and feasible? Could that be what you are referring to as reserved candidate? Is your status showing "reserved candidate" and did it go from application sub,it's to reserved candidate ? Please help with an answer I'm freaking nervous 

It means that if a winner turns down the scholarship then they will give it to someone on the reserve list. How many people are on this list and whether it is ranked or ordered by discipline/field is unclear to me, but I doubt they would divulge this information anyway. 

My portal status, for the record, still says "selection made." I think it's safe to say that this status is meaningless and there is nothing to be inferred from it. 

Just now, x\/x\/x said:

It means that if a winner turns down the scholarship then they will give it to someone on the reserve list. How many people are on this list and whether it is ranked or ordered by discipline/field is unclear to me, but I doubt they would divulge this information anyway. 

My portal status, for the record, still says "selection made." I think it's safe to say that this status is meaningless and there is nothing to be inferred from it. 

My guess would be that, since another user alluded to the fact that we are given a certain amount of points, it would simply be X number of people, based on point value. This is of course, a guess.

"selection made" has been proven to mean nothing other than that your status has been determined (but not what that status is).

Just now, aynrand said:

Hello everyone. Should I be worried that my application status is still Application Submitted?? :(

What did you apply for? And from where?

2 minutes ago, aynrand said:

Hello everyone. Should I be worried that my application status is still Application Submitted?? :(

I don't think so! It seems like every country (and then every grant program within said country) is divided up among various DAAD staff in Bonn. Some are probably just quicker/have more to do than others. Don't despair! 

4 minutes ago, x\/x\/x said:

I don't think so! It seems like every country (and then every grant program within said country) is divided up among various DAAD staff in Bonn. Some are probably just quicker/have more to do than others. Don't despair! 

Thank you :) Hope you get off the wait list. There is still hope :)