DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

2 minutes ago, Horb said:

Ugh. This makes me kind of mad.

I think for technical/website-related questions you need to write to portal@daad.de and not send a message via the portal. Could be mistaken, though...

Thank you for leading my attention to that and get my hopes up again :). I am used to that workday ends at 4.30 p.m and I thought that there was 30 minutes left before closing. But now I looked on their website and it's opened till 6 p.m. Sorry for that! :D

They have two hours to send the result. 

1 hour ago, x\/x\/x said:

German Kundenservice at its finest ;)

I'm still not sure if the technical glitch would disqualify me...hopefully not. They recognized there was an issue.

Hi all,

Fingers crossed for those still in the running.

For those of us out, do you all have any other funding opportunities that I may not be aware of?  Aside from DAAD, it seems Fulbright is the other option.  Humboldt Stiftung seems to want PhDs only.

I would appreciate direction to other funding sources.

Vielen Dank! 

13 minutes ago, pup said:

Hi all,

For those of us out, do you all have any other funding opportunities that I may not be aware of?  Aside from DAAD, it seems Fulbright is the other option.  Humboldt Stiftung seems to want PhDs only.

Vielen Dank! 

What exactly are you looking for? Fulbright is great for study, research, or ETA. Austria has some ETA opportunities as well that are not Fulbright. 

32 minutes ago, pup said:

Hi all,

Vielen Dank! 

You might want to look into if there are any scholarships/grants that are specific to your discipline, whatever it may be. I know that for philosophy the APA has a huge list of funding opportunities that cover a wide variety of universities/countries/purposes.

Hey guys,

So I just checked my portal and saw that my application status has changed from being blank to "Funding"! I still haven't gotten any email or portal messages from the DAAD however.

Applying: DAAD study scholarship, DAAD NYC, Status: Funding

Edited by SNP3

3 minutes ago, SNP3 said:

Hey guys,

So I just checked my portal and saw that my application status has changed from being blank to "Funding"! I still haven't gotten any email or portal messages from the DAAD however.

CONGRATS!!!!!

9 minutes ago, SNP3 said:

Hey guys,

Congrats!!

1 minute ago, abreak said:

Congrats!!

Abreak, it looks like we may be here for a while. I checked my portal; still no change (though I'm now desperately hoping it'll go blank soon...)

Just now, Horb said:

Abreak, it looks like we may be here for a while. I checked my portal; still no change (though I'm now desperately hoping it'll go blank soon...)

Yup, still no change for me either.

5 minutes ago, EarlyModernGermany said:

Since SNP3 applied for the study scholarship, I'd imagine that those of us waiting on language scholarships will not be hearing today. Just a guess, but it seems like these come in waves.

Summer Language Grant, DAAD NY, portal status: 'selection made'

Same scholarship as Snp3, still at selection made. Looks like I got left behind.

43 minutes ago, SNP3 said:

Hey guys,

congrats!!!!

Hoping the rest of you hear soon!

1 minute ago, tritalk said:

My status also says, "funding" now! I want to celebrate, but I still haven't received an e-mail confirmation, so I'm a little hesitant....

Congrats!! It seems like people usually receive a confirmation email within a few days of their status changing, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.