DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

1 minute ago, Heimat Historian said:

How does one know if one is a "priority candidate?"

If your school is a partner university (listed on the daad website), you would have applied through them and then you would have found out if you are a priority candidate. Apparently it only matters for the graduate student and research grants.

9 minutes ago, Heimat Historian said:

So not for the intensive language then?

Apparently not. As I don't attend a partner institution, I did not know it impacted only select grants.

2 hours ago, eigthy said:

My subject group is Engineering. And yours? :)

It might be, but I think we'll never find out...

Engineering as well. Wouldn't surprise me if that's what's going on.
Don't know what the other two had as their subjects.

Good day everyone,

I've been reading the posts on this forum for quiet a while now. I wanted to ask whether someone had a similar situation. 2 weeks I got an email about registration confirmation for intensive language course, although I applied only for the graduate study scholarship. The people in the office said that I shouldn't worry, that letter indicates that I'm getting the scholarship and I should wait for the message on the portal about the scholarship, but I haven't received any acceptance letter yet.

my status says selection made, and my subject is engineering

18 minutes ago, hero_girl said:

Good day everyone,

I've been reading the posts on this forum for quiet a while now. I wanted to ask whether someone had a similar situation. 2 weeks I got an email about registration confirmation for intensive language course, although I applied only for the graduate study scholarship. The people in the office said that I shouldn't worry, that letter indicates that I'm getting the scholarship and I should wait for the message on the portal about the scholarship, but I haven't received any acceptance letter yet.

There are apparently a number of intensive language grants (separate from the one I am applying to) available for graduate students. My guess is that it is taking longer to get all that done.

9 hours ago, hero_girl said:

Good day everyone,

Hi hero_girl. Did you apply from North America/US?

2 minutes ago, aynrand said:

Hi hero_girl. Did you apply from North America/US?

Her signature says DAAD Kazakhstan. So I think not.

2 hours ago, aynrand said:

How come I am not seeing the signature? Anyways, not important. 

I really hope today is the day we all get out of this limbo.

s3v is right, I applied from Kazakhstan (in Central Asia)

1 hour ago, talgat.tursynbekov said:

hey guys I also form Kazakhstan, applying to summer language courses, did you say that today is the day when we all know wheather we go or not?

No, I don't think that today is the exact day. But you should expect the answer this month. Try to call their office in Almaty

7 minutes ago, aynrand said:

Congratulations, s3v! :)

Thanks! It really looks like selection made > blank > funding is the sequence to look for.

Also, unlike herogirl i wasnt contacted about a language course. Which is fine as I don't need it. But it seems it's definitely not everyone.

Hello everyone!

I’m an architect from Lahore, Pakistan and I applied for Masters in Infrastructure Planning at University of Stuttgart (2016-2018). 

I'll summarize my application experience so far here. After posting a paper application for a DAAD Scholarship to University of Stuttgart, I got an interview call from U Stuttgart in January and got nominated for a DAAD scholarship. A week later I got an email from DAAD in Bonn asking me to apply on the DAAD Portal despite having applied by post due to their transition phase from paper to online. At this moment I was sure I was awarded the scholarship and that I just had to follow the procedure on the Portal, since the email from DAAD congratulated me and said  "If your online application is complete, your DAAD Letter of Award can be drafted and will be sent to you via the Portal in the next months".

However reading the posts here seemed to cause some doubts about the certainty of the DAAD scholarship due to the application status "Selection Made" which does not mean that scholarship has been awarded. However, yesterday, there was a update. The DAAD Portal application status has changed for me in the following order:

Application submitted > Selection made > Blank > Funding

The application status from selection made to blank and then funding happened yesterday. I also noticed that the Navigation Menu has a new button Submit Declaration of Acceptance, where previously there was only “Options”. I'm attaching a screenshot as well.

I still haven’t received the letter of award in the Portal. Is it fair to assume that I’ve got the scholarship and will get the letter of award very soon?

Feeling tremendously anxious right now. Applying for scholarships and the wait is soul crushing!

daad.jpg

Edited by hyperion9

3 hours ago, s3v said:

Just switched to funding. Good luck everyone.

Congradulations! 

I have to wait for blank then :) 

P.S. Have you already been admitted to the university? I'm asking this because many university deadlines end in April, some even in June.

6 hours ago, eigthy said:

Congratulations - your waiting is over and it ended successfully :) But no official note via portal?

Received an email notifying me of new mail in the portal. Portal has a bunch of documents with instructions on acceptance.

4 hours ago, hero_girl said:

Congradulations! 

I have to wait for blank then :) 

P.S. Have you already been admitted to the university? I'm asking this because many university deadlines end in April, some even in June.

I applied for a program for WS 2015 and I applied for two other programs SS 2016 as tests to see if I would get accepted. Was accepted to all, so it's only a matter of reapplying and reacceptance (one already came through).

Meanwhile, housing is a whole other issue... :/

Well friends who are waiting, we are almost out of "early april" which was the end of the given timeline. Looks like it may be mid-april again!

8 hours ago, hyperion9 said:

Hello everyone!

I’m an architect from Lahore, Pakistan and I applied for Masters in Infrastructure Planning at University of Stuttgart (2016-2018). 

I'll summarize my application experience so far here. After posting a paper application for a DAAD Scholarship to University of Stuttgart, I got an interview call from U Stuttgart in January and got nominated for a DAAD scholarship. A week later I got an email from DAAD in Bonn asking me to apply on the DAAD Portal despite having applied by post due to their transition phase from paper to online. At this moment I was sure I was awarded the scholarship and that I just had to follow the procedure on the Portal, since the email from DAAD congratulated me and said  "If your online application is complete, your DAAD Letter of Award can be drafted and will be sent to you via the Portal in the next months".

However reading the posts here seemed to cause some doubts about the certainty of the DAAD scholarship due to the application status "Selection Made" which does not mean that scholarship has been awarded. However, yesterday, there was a update. The DAAD Portal application status has changed for me in the following order:

Application submitted > Selection made > Blank > Funding

The application status from selection made to blank and then funding happened yesterday. I also noticed that the Navigation Menu has a new button Submit Declaration of Acceptance, where previously there was only “Options”. I'm attaching a screenshot as well.

I still haven’t received the letter of award in the Portal. Is it fair to assume that I’ve got the scholarship and will get the letter of award very soon?

Feeling tremendously anxious right now. Applying for scholarships and the wait is soul crushing!

daad.jpg

hey congratulations! my status in portal changed as well, it is idetical to your description