DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

4 minutes ago, s3v said:

Thanks. The fairly large delta in when the others found out and when I'm finding out (maybe??), indicates to me that this probably won't be good news.
Based on their processing rate, I also don't expect the application status to change until monday or tuesday at the earliest.

Also, when they confirmed my application, they said results should come at the end of march or beginning of april from Bonn. The scholarship info page at daad says results should be in middle of april. classic daad amiryt.

When I emailed I was told end of March early April. But last year (I sound like a broken record I know) we found out mid April, and they cancelled the May intensive language grant programs and only had people do June start or later. I'm just hoping we don't find out in May haha :)

1 minute ago, Horb said:

When I emailed I was told end of March early April. But last year (I sound like a broken record I know) we found out mid April, and they cancelled the May intensive language grant programs and only had people do June start or later. I'm just hoping we don't find out in May haha :)

That would be awful!

Best of luck to @s3v. Here's hoping for an acceptance!

On 3/30/2016 at 8:07 AM, Gibery said:

I got the email 2 or 3 days later, you will get the msg in the portal! after you need to submit the "declaration of aceptance" but all the instructions are gonna be there in your email! dont worry!! and celebrate already!

Hey guys! I got my confirmation e-mail a couple days later to check the portal, like you said :)! I haven't been accepted to my MA program yet, so now I'm of course worried about getting the grant, but not the uni acceptance.. Does anybody know if we can use the grant for a different program if we don't get into our top choice? I mean, why else did we have to tell them what three programs we were applying to, right? At the same time, the offer letter has my top choice on it, and says the grant is valid for that institution. If anyone has insight on this, it's appreciated.

1 hour ago, tritalk said:

Hey guys! I got my confirmation e-mail a couple days later to check the portal, like you said :)! I haven't been accepted to my MA program yet, so now I'm of course worried about getting the grant, but not the uni acceptance.. Does anybody know if we can use the grant for a different program if we don't get into our top choice? I mean, why else did we have to tell them what three programs we were applying to, right? At the same time, the offer letter has my top choice on it, and says the grant is valid for that institution. If anyone has insight on this, it's appreciated.

Absolutely. My friend changed both her program and her university. They just have to approve it.

1 hour ago, tritalk said:

I had same question because I was recommended different schools during the interview so I reconsidered my choices. And I asked about it through DAAD-portal and got answer like this:
"New programs, which do not defer from the subject initially chosen can also be approved after receiving the scholarship. For approval, you will be asked to upload an updated version of the form: "Profile of the chosen study programs" and the program descriptions of the new study programs, like you did with the initial submission during the application procedure. "

So no worries :)

Let's hope that tomorrow we hear some good news :)

Study Scholarship, DAAD LV, Status: Selection made

15 minutes ago, eigthy said:

I had same question because I was recommended different schools during the interview so I reconsidered my choices. And I asked about it through DAAD-portal and got answer like this:
"New programs, which do not defer from the subject initially chosen can also be approved after receiving the scholarship. For approval, you will be asked to upload an updated version of the form: "Profile of the chosen study programs" and the program descriptions of the new study programs, like you did with the initial submission during the application procedure. "

So no worries :)

Let's hope that tomorrow we hear some good news :)

Study Scholarship, DAAD LV, Status: Selection made

Good to know. Thanks for sharing. 
I specified three when applying, but found the native German version of the international first choice I applied for, and was hoping to switch to that one.

3 hours ago, aynrand said:

Hallo! Guten morgen!

"The DAAD Portal is currently in maintenance mode. Our services are therefore not available at the moment."

I hope today is a good day for all of us! :)

When are they not in Maintenance mode ahaha 

1 minute ago, aynrand said:

Haha. That's true! Btw, do you think it's okay to send another message on the portal? No one replied to my inquiry last week. :(

I honestly wouldn't. At this point, I don't think it can impact the speed in which we receive results. I would only email/use the portal messenger system if "early April" passes without a response. They are still "on time" if they deliver results this week. However, I imagine we will hear back mid-April, but hopefully I'm wrong and it is sooner. 

4 minutes ago, Horb said:

I honestly wouldn't. At this point, I don't think it can impact the speed in which we receive results. I would only email/use the portal messenger system if "early April" passes without a response. They are still "on time" if they deliver results this week. However, I imagine we will hear back mid-April, but hopefully I'm wrong and it is sooner. 

Well, in my case, they are no longer on time. I was told 3 months would be the waiting period but it has been 4 months now.

I just want to get this over with (the anxiety and everything else in between) if indeed my application has been/is rejected. The sooner, the better.

Just now, aynrand said:

Well, in my case, they are no longer on time. I was told 3 months would be the waiting period but it has been 4 months now.

I just want to get this over with (the anxiety and everything else in between) if indeed my application has been/is rejected. The sooner, the better.

Ah I see. I was told end of march to early april. Have you tried calling? Calling is nice because you have anonymity.

2 minutes ago, Horb said:

Ah I see. I was told end of march to early april. Have you tried calling? Calling is nice because you have anonymity.

I have considered calling but thought that sending an email or a message on the portal would be a more convenient way of communicating.

Thanks, anyway! I just hope we all hear sooner rather than later. It's been really difficult to focus on anything but DAAD.

4 minutes ago, aynrand said:

That stinks! I'm sorry you haven't heard yet. But I agree with Horb, at this point it's better not to e-mail. Calling might work, or if you're applying through your home university, perhaps a dean/fellowship administrator can contact someone?

Just now, aynrand said:

I have considered calling but thought that sending an email or a message on the portal would be a more convenient way of communicating.

Thanks, anyway! I just hope we all hear sooner rather than later. It's been really difficult to focus on anything but DAAD.

That makes sense. I like calling because I have an immediate response and I hate waiting (as we all do).

Just now, x\/x\/x said:

That stinks! I'm sorry you haven't heard yet. But I agree with Horb, at this point it's better not to e-mail. Calling might work, or if you're applying through your home university, perhaps a dean/fellowship administrator can contact someone?

I really wish my university was a partner university. The stats are just so much better.

6 minutes ago, x\/x\/x said:

6 minutes ago, Horb said:

That makes sense. I like calling because I have an immediate response and I hate waiting (as we all do).

Thanks, guys!

x\/x\/x: Hope you still end up getting the grant! Waiting really is the worst part!!!

5 hours ago, Horb said:

Does anyone waiting for the intensive language grant has the subject field populated?

Me neither! Blank for both Subject and Subject Group...

Edited by kunstkid