DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

4 minutes ago, EarlyModernGermany said:

I did not see it go blank, but it may have and then changed to funding before I logged on. No email yet.

Also, I'm not sure where they are sending me. I'm assuming I'll here when I get the email.

you will get a mail saying you got a msg on your portal, which has all your Scholarship documents!

Another quick question: did everyone apply for the graduate intensive grant? Or are some applying for the undergrad?

For those of you who got the award, what did you do after you got all the scholarship documents? I've just uploaded my declaration of acceptance, but I'm not sure if there is something else I have to do? 

Best of luck to everyone waiting! 

3 minutes ago, tritalk said:

For those of you who got the award, what did you do after you got all the scholarship documents? I've just uploaded my declaration of acceptance, but I'm not sure if there is something else I have to do? 

Best of luck to everyone waiting! 

They will tell you they received the declaration of acceptance through another msg on the portal, few days later you will get another mail that tells you to go on the "innsurance tag" cause you got a msg there, there will be your Innsurance documents that you must carry with you. You should get into the visa if you need one, mine went very fast for being a DAAD scholarship :)

1 hour ago, eigthy said:

It's good to hear that so many have gotten the scholarship. Congratulations !

Horb, it seems we have to wait a bit longer. But let's keep our heads up ! :)

I can only hope those of us find out today and don't have to wait over the weekend. 

12 minutes ago, Gibery said:

They will tell you they received the declaration of acceptance through another msg on the portal, few days later you will get another mail that tells you to go on the "innsurance tag" cause you got a msg there, there will be your Innsurance documents that you must carry with you. You should get into the visa if you need one, mine went very fast for being a DAAD scholarship :)

Thanks Gibery! Im waiting for the second message :D 

Another long time stalker here. I've appreciated the info you guys have been offering so I thought I would give back:

My husband and I both applied for the intensive language grant-we are Phd students in very different fields at different universities. Both our statuses went from "selection made" to "funding" sometime since last night. We did not see them switch to blank in between. 

Our choices were Freiburg, Munich, and Dresden (in that order) for May- July, all with the Goethe Institut. The portal currently says the target institution is Dresden- Goethe (for both of us). I assume this means we both got Dresden. 

We applied on our own without the help of our institutions.

We have not received an official message in the portal or via email yet. 

Hope this helps you guys (and my fellow stalkers out there) 

Applying: DAAD Intensive Language Grant, DAAD NYC, Status: Funding

Just now, ZelenaZaba said:

Another long time stalker here. I've appreciated the info you guys have been offering so I thought I would give back:

My husband and I both applied for the intensive language grant-we are Phd students in very different fields at different universities. Both our statuses went from "selection made" to "funding" sometime since last night. We did not see them switch to blank in between. 

Our choices were Freiburg, Munich, and Dresden (in that order) for May- July, all with the Goethe Institut. The portal currently says the target institution is Dresden- Goethe (for both of us). I assume this means we both got Dresden. 

Thanks so much! I shall assume rejection then. I hope you guys have an amazing time! I may apply for a third time. Do you mind if I PM you for some advice?

Hello, guys! I've been reading this forum with anxiety for a while. My status in the portal stayed "Application submitted" until 6 hours ago (the time before I logged in to find my status changed to "Funding"), even though the DAAA office in my country (Thailand) said I should have the result since February. 

I applied for Research grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany. I think anyone who applied for the same program and perhaps from the same area should take a look at the portal. I hope good news awaits for you! Good luck everyone :D 

3 hours ago, ZelenaZaba said:

So my portal has said Goethe-Berlin for a long time and that has not changed since it went to funding. I was not sure whether that meant that I got Berlin (my first choice) or whether it just has not changed. Did yours say something about Freiburg (your 1st choice) and switch to Dresden?

8 hours ago, Horb said:

Well, still no change. The thumping of my heart suggests a rejection. . . 

Still no change for me either, and my friend who I applied with just saw his status changed to "Funding"....Sigh.... I guess there's always next year.

And congrats to everyone who has received their funding!!!

3 hours ago, kunstkid said:

Still no change for me either, and my friend who I applied with just saw his status changed to "Funding"....Sigh.... I guess there's always next year.

And congrats to everyone who has received their funding!!!

Wait what is "just saw"? Like today in the morning or sooner? Maybe it's done in rounds?

5 minutes ago, Horb said:

Wait what is "just saw"? Like today in the morning or sooner? Maybe it's done in rounds?

Pretty sure it's done veeeeeery inconsistently. Remember, two other people had their study scholarships switch to funding about a week before mine did. I thought I'd been rejected. If they run the rest of their selection processes with the same consistency, I wouldn't assume you're out until it's over.

Would there be any point to calling the DAAD NY office to ask if all acceptances for intensive language have been sent out? It's  (212) 758-3223.

I tried calling today but the line was busy. 

Uta Gaedeke is in charge of Intensive Language, so one might try calling her name in the directory. 

(Oh, and I applied to Intensive Language to the NY office, still selection made. If it helps for our machinations: I am at the end of the alphabet, applying from the midwest.)

Edited by War&Peace

So, I've been lurking for a while, not saying much (read: anything).

My status is funded, and I need to submit the declaration of acceptance. But I haven't had an email or letter from DAAD. I don't know where I can find the declaration, so I can fill it out and upload it. 

Anyone know what I should be doing?

Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, Abetheh said:

So, I've been lurking for a while, not saying much (read: anything).

My status is funded, and I need to submit the declaration of acceptance. But I haven't had an email or letter from DAAD. I don't know where I can find the declaration, so I can fill it out and upload it. 

Anyone know what I should be doing?

Thanks in advance!

There'll be a notification sent to your e-mail from DAAD. Then, you'll find all the documents there including declaration of acceptance. This's what happened to my case. I think you should wait a bit longer :D

By the way, anyone know whether we have to sign anything in the declaration of acceptance or not? I don't see any space for signature and date, so, I'm a bit confused. Thank you very much in advance. 

3 hours ago, TheMasterKnight said:

There'll be a notification sent to your e-mail from DAAD. Then, you'll find all the documents there including declaration of acceptance. This's what happened to my case. I think you should wait a bit longer :D

By the way, anyone know whether we have to sign anything in the declaration of acceptance or not? I don't see any space for signature and date, so, I'm a bit confused. Thank you very much in advance. 

I just saved and submitted that pdf back to them. I think they just want you to perform some kind of action that shows that you've received and read the scholarship information.

49 minutes ago, s3v said:

I just saved and submitted that pdf back to them. I think they just want you to perform some kind of action that shows that you've received and read the scholarship information.

I see. Thank you very much, s3v!

I got the confirmation message in the portal yesterday as well after the status changed to "funding". The message has several attached documents, one of which is "Declaration of Acceptance" which you have to download and then upload in the portal as a way of proving you actually read it.

11 hours ago, TheMasterKnight said:

I only uploaded it, few hours/day after you get a notification on your portal saying they received the documents! :D

19 hours ago, Horb said:

Hey! Sorry for the confusing wording - I read here that statuses were changing, messaged him, he checked and saw the status had changed - though not sure WHEN it changed. This was yesterday at around 4:30-5pm EST, so I am guessing he just doesn't check as often as I do...

If the selections are inconsistently sent out that's maybe my one bit of hope... I'm applying from Canada, and my friend who received the funding is lower down in the alphabet than I am.... :/

Has anyone else had any problems uploading the declaration of acceptance? I'll choose the file and input a name for the file. Then I'll hit the "send documents" button, but I keep getting a message that " no documents were uploaded". Any advice? Thanks!

2 hours ago, SNP3 said:

Has anyone else had any problems uploading the declaration of acceptance? I'll choose the file and input a name for the file. Then I'll hit the "send documents" button, but I keep getting a message that " no documents were uploaded". Any advice? Thanks!

lol. that thing has confusing wording. 

Choose the file and put in a name for it. I just did Declaration of Acceptance.
Then click "add files" or whatever. This adds the specified file to the list of files you want to send.
Then click send documents.