DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

for US applicants to the grad research grant it seems that rejections/alternate notifications go out first, unsure about the language grant. Actually, have any US Research applicants received an acceptance yet?

2 minutes ago, x\/x\/x said:

for US applicants to the grad research grant it seems that rejections/alternate notifications go out first, unsure about the language grant. Actually, have any US Research applicants received an acceptance yet?

That order is my own personal hell. I hate the alphabet.

2 hours ago, eigthy said:

Any news today? :)

Still blank.

What's your Subject group? 
I wonder if they grouped notification by subject group, and maybe the other two who already got it were in different subjects.

1 hour ago, s3v said:

Still blank.

What's your Subject group? 
I wonder if they grouped notification by subject group, and maybe the other two who already got it were in different subjects.

My subject group is Engineering. And yours? :)

It might be, but I think we'll never find out...

2 minutes ago, eigthy said:

Sorry to hear that.

But did you get it via email or portal?

No i did not, it still says 'selection made'

Edited by Buyanaa

Sorry guys! I hope you find yourself with other amazing opportunities in the near future.

Hmmm...I wonder if US results are coming out too...So it was an email to your personal email, not via the portal?

5 minutes ago, Horb said:

Sorry guys! I hope you find yourself with other amazing opportunities in the near future.

Hmmm...I wonder if US results are coming out too...So it was an email to your personal email, not via the portal?

Thank you, yeah it was to my pri-mail . Portal doesnt say anything

9 minutes ago, Buyanaa said:

Thank you, yeah it was to my pri-mail . Portal doesnt say anything

26 minutes ago, aynrand said:

Me too!!!! :(

Thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry about your disappointment results. 

Just now, aynrand said:

I haven't heard anything yet but I guess we will all find out soon enough!

Whoops! Sorry for the misquote. I must have double clicked something hehe

1 minute ago, Horb said:

Whoops! Sorry for the misquote. I must have double clicked something hehe

Haha. No worries! You know I feel like we will get along so well if given the opportunity to bond and spend time together! Hehe

1 minute ago, aynrand said:

Haha. No worries! You know I feel like we will get along so well if given the opportunity to bond and spend time together! Hehe

Well if we both end up in Germany :D

Just now, Heimat Historian said:

Where do you find the stats for things like that?  

Oh, I talked to multiple people (applicants and advisors included). If you are recommended, you have a 70% chance of getting the award.

2 minutes ago, Horb said:

Oh, I talked to multiple people (applicants and advisors included). If you are recommended, you have a 70% chance of getting the award.

while I think "priority candidates" from partner universities have maybe a better shot than those in the general competition, that 70% figure sounds like total BS to me, particularly if you're sourcing it from a few anecdotes

Edited by x\/x\/x

Just now, x\/x\/x said:

while I think "priority candidates" from partner universities have maybe a better shot than those in the general competition, that 70% figure sounds like total BS to me, particularly if you're sourcing it from a few anecdotes

It isn't a few anecdotes. I talked to multiple fellowship advisors. In fact, one person I talked to mentioned that they were told it was closer to 90%, which I didn't buy. And yes, I'm referring to priority candidates.