DAAD Applicants for 2016-17

Horb

While it's wonderful to hear of everyone's acceptances, and I send my sincerest congratulations to you all, the portal screenshots are a bit much. Telling folks to look out for "funding" in their application status is a bit like telling hungry people to eat the prime rib on the plate in front of them. We get it; there is no ambiguity or secret language to decipher. 

53 minutes ago, x\/x\/x said:

While it's wonderful to hear of everyone's acceptances, and I send my sincerest congratulations to you all, the portal screenshots are a bit much. Telling folks to look out for "funding" in their application status is a bit like telling hungry people to eat the prime rib on the plate in front of them. We get it; there is no ambiguity or secret language to decipher. 

I get what you're saying, in hindsight my post does appear to be a little too much. I would have cringed too had I read it in passing. I assure you it was only anxiety and the long wait that was taking its toll.

2 minutes ago, hyperion9 said:

I get what you're saying, in hindsight my post does appear to be a little too much. I would have cringed too had I read it in passing. I assure you it was only anxiety and the long wait that was taking its toll.

I had the same feeling mate, my post looks like that I am showing up, but true reason was sincire curiousity

3 hours ago, Horb said:

Well friends who are waiting, we are almost out of "early april" which was the end of the given timeline. Looks like it may be mid-april again!

Seems like it. But that's wierd. I have talked to persons who applied at the same program in my country and they told me that results were always out before April ( one applied 2014, other 2015). I don't know what's happening this year.

But fortunately, there's no more long waiting - almost a week, then it's mid-April.  I remeber biting my fingernails while checking portal on 24th March, how naive... :D 

26 minutes ago, eigthy said:

Seems like it. But that's wierd. I have talked to persons who applied at the same program in my country and they told me that results were always out before April ( one applied 2014, other 2015). I don't know what's happening this year.

But fortunately, there's no more long waiting - almost a week, then it's mid-April.  I remeber biting my fingernails while checking portal on 24th March, how naive... :D 

Usually to grad study and research are all out by now. I was just hopeful one year they'd stick to the intensive grant timeline; that said, I'm sure they have to go through tons of applications so it isn't that shocking to me

12 minutes ago, Horb said:

Usually to grad study and research are all out by now. I was just hopeful one year they'd stick to the intensive grant timeline; that said, I'm sure they have to go through tons of applications so it isn't that shocking to me

Should I expect a rejection then? I haven't heard anything about my research grant application :(

2 minutes ago, aynrand said:

Should I expect a rejection then? I haven't heard anything about my research grant application :(

I think Horb was referring to the timeline for the NY office. Since you're applying to a different office, they're probably working on a slightly different timeline. So there's no need to expect a rejection if you haven't heard anything yet. 

2 minutes ago, abreak said:

I think Horb was referring to the timeline for the NY office. Since you're applying to a different office, they're probably working on a slightly different timeline. So there's no need to expect a rejection if you haven't heard anything yet. 

Thank you! There is still hope!

22 minutes ago, aynrand said:

Thank you! There is still hope!

There's Always hope until you get a

negatice status! That's my view anyways :)

18 minutes ago, HGILLS said:

good morning--long time follower of this thread. If you're applying to DAAD intensive language scholarship (North America) my status changed this morning! Take a look. 

Oh god! I hope it was good!

I just checked mine. Still selection made. My optimistic side says: you're at the end of the alphabet, maybe. BUT: I'm going to start applying for jobs and assume rejection. Thanks for reporting!

Edited by Horb

2 minutes ago, Horb said:

Oh god! I hope it was good!

I just checked mine. Still selection made. My optimistic side says: you're at the end of the alphabet, maybe. BUT: I'm going to start applying for jobs and assume rejection. Thanks for reporting!

positive thoughts!!

Just now, Gibery said:

positive thoughts!!

Haha thanks! At least I'll have the weekend to recover before classes start. . . sending rejection thank you notes last year sucked.

Just now, EarlyModernGermany said:

It changed to funding! Thanks for all the support on this thread folks. I hope those of you have not yet heard get to hear back soon!

Applying: DAAD Intensive Language Grant, DAAD NYC, Status: Funding

CONGRATULATIONS!

41 minutes ago, EarlyModernGermany said:

Thanks Horb! You've been a great manager of this thread. I pulling for you!

Quick question: did yours change straight from selection made to funding? Or was there a blank? Or did you get an email?

My status also changed to funding (language grant)! Yay!

6 minutes ago, Horb said:

Quick question: did yours change straight from selection made to funding? Or was there a blank? Or did you get an email?

Mine changed directly to funding, and I haven't got an email yet. I'm hoping you hear soon!

1 hour ago, Horb said:

I did not see it go blank, but it may have and then changed to funding before I logged on. No email yet.

Also, I'm not sure where they are sending me. I'm assuming I'll here when I get the email.